13 replies to this topic

#1 Tibetan Monk

Tibetan Monk

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • NNID:Tibetan_Monk

Posted 19 February 2014 - 05:59 PM

Hi all! I recently bought the Wii U even though my main system used to be the PS3 and I am a huge fan of that system's exclusives. However, I love the Wii U! Games I currently have are NSMB/L, ZombiU and Wind Waker.

Among the games I'm planning to buy are 3D World, Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8, Lego City Undercover, Lego The Hobbit, Splintercell Blacklist, Watch Dogs, Assassin's Creed IV, and ofcourse the new Zelda U (Can't wait!) Quite a list hehe. But, I'm a bit concerned about all the talk of third party support dwindling, since this will be my new main console. I hope the Wii U's future will be bright!

ETA: I forgot to add X to the list of games.

Edited by Tibetan Monk, 19 February 2014 - 06:15 PM.

#2 Ecorsbie

Ecorsbie

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 08:42 PM

Welcome to the forum.  I am too a bit concerned about 3rd party support, but I believe Nintendo's future is still bright.  I bought the Wii U on launch date and it truly has given me a fresh look at console gaming.  For the longest time I quit the console gaming and went to the darkside and starting playing World of Warcraft.  The Wii U gave me that fresh start.  I love my wii u.  You will love 3D Mario World for the Wii u....i love the game. 

#3 iEatTacos

iEatTacos

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 724 posts
  • NNID:iEatTacos
  • Fandom:
    Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Legend Of Zelda

Posted 19 February 2014 - 11:58 PM

In diggin the wii u too, Super Mario 3D World has to be in the top 3 best games from last year. Just so good and fun. Tropical freeze is tomorrow! And welcome to the forums, man. Have fun

#4 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 20 February 2014 - 12:35 AM

Welcome! :)

We're all a little concerned, but there's not much we can do beside support good games we like

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#5 Dunkeroos

Dunkeroos

Goomba

• Banned
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 04:10 AM

How do I setup internet with Wii u please I just got internet a week ago for the first time ever.

#6 Tibetan Monk

Tibetan Monk

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 07:19 AM

Thanks all. I bought 3D  World today, couldn't wait any longer haha. So far it's really fun. Now I have enough games to keep me busy for a while. :)

#7 Ninty64X

Ninty64X

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 255 posts
  • Fandom:
    MST3K, Animation, Metal Gear, OddWorld

Posted 21 February 2014 - 05:40 AM

Welcome aboard the S.S. Wii U Forums! Glad you like 3D World, things are gonna get really crazy in the later levels, be prepared!  :laugh:

On the hunt for her dad's killer, she learns she needs to step up her game. It's time to unleash some superpowers. - Netflix's amazing Kill La Kill description

#8 Tibetan Monk

Tibetan Monk

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 08:20 AM

Thank you! Looking forward to it. :)

#9 ChopperCherry

ChopperCherry

Goomba

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • NNID:ChopperCherry
  • Fandom:
    Mass Effect,Donkey Kong,Monster Hunter,

Posted 21 February 2014 - 11:46 PM

Welcome aboard.I am also a newish WII U owner and its my main gaming machine.Since ive sold my dude bro console X360 to help pay for the WII U.Aint looked back 1 bit SM3DW is a gaming masterpiece,If i didnt get a WII U console i wouldnt of played such great games like Rayman legends,SM3DW,MHU3,Zombi U,Deus ex human revoultion D/C,If i still had the X360 i wouldnt have touched those games from above i used be a rate dudebro sports or fps.since i am a proud WII U owner its changed my perspective in gaming instead having sticking to wot i know.Oh i recomend getting Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate wot a game with deep coop experiance must played 40+ since ive had it in 2weeks also playing splinter cell witch is awesome.Anyways enjoy your new found friend.

ChopperCherry

#10 Tibetan Monk

Tibetan Monk

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 08:13 AM

I used to be heavily into FPS too. COD and Battlefield mainly. But it was becoming less and less fun as time went by and I haven't touched a FPS in almost 2 years now. I will miss the PS exclusives though, especially Uncharted and LittleBigPlanet series. But, I did get some amazing series in return for choosing the Wii U. I bet Zelda U alone will justify the Wii U purchase since LoZ is my all time favorite franchise. Not to mention all the other great exclusive games Nintendo has to offer. I'm a bit concerned about the future, but I will support this console all the way to the end.

Edited by Tibetan Monk, 22 February 2014 - 08:13 AM.

#11 MixxxmasterMac

MixxxmasterMac

Goomba

• Members
  • 0 posts
  • NNID:MixmasterMac

Posted 22 February 2014 - 09:27 PM

I've been a PC gamer myself for many years. Getting a Wii U will be my first jump back into console gaming. I am pretty bummed out that the media considers the Wii U to be some sort of failure. Nintendo has some pretty amazing stories and characters that just cannot be matched on other consoles. It has been a slow start, but I believe that the Wii U will be a huge success later on.

#12 JOCx420

JOCx420

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • NNID:JOCx420

Posted 24 February 2014 - 05:13 PM

Welcome! I also ditched sony for my wii u and I don't regret it one bit..there are some amazing games already, can't wait for this years releases!
SLUMERICAN MADE!! NNID: JOCx420

#13 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 07:48 PM

Donkey Kong, 3d World, Rayman and Pikmin have kept me very busy (among others).... congrats on your purchase and welcome to the forum!

I used to be heavily into FPS too. COD and Battlefield mainly. But it was becoming less and less fun as time went by and I haven't touched a FPS in almost 2 years now. I will miss the PS exclusives though, especially Uncharted and LittleBigPlanet series. But, I did get some amazing series in return for choosing the Wii U. I bet Zelda U alone will justify the Wii U purchase since LoZ is my all time favorite franchise. Not to mention all the other great exclusive games Nintendo has to offer. I'm a bit concerned about the future, but I will support this console all the way to the end.

#14 CodyMKW

CodyMKW

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • NNID:CodyMKW
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing

Posted 25 February 2014 - 08:50 PM

Welcome to the forum!!  :)

4013.png

Signature changes each time page is reloaded want to do that to check out imgweave!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!