#1 Mahmoodinho98

Mahmoodinho98

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 419 posts
  • Fandom:
    Halo,Nintendo,Arsenal and Merrikh

Posted 21 February 2014 - 06:51 AM

<p>today i was on ign and i read this comment by the maverikk, and i couldn't agree more, so here is the comment,</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>The console wars today is a joke. To be honest I'm glad that Nintendo isn't even a part of the embarrassment of a &quot;console war&quot; that people consider it today. The original Console War between Nintendo and Sega truly was a competition. Mud slinging, system exclusives every which way (between the Super Nintendo and Sega Genesis barely any titles are multiplatform.... each truly had it's own distinct library of games for the most part). Today is a wishy washy console war about which system has itty bitty minor differences. Sorry but there is nothing exciting debating which is better between the Playstation or XBox... they are more or less the exact same. Save for the very tiny handful of exclusives, which are incredibly hit or miss in many cases. These platforms are ruled by the 3rd parties and at the end of the day those great titles are on both systems (with the most minor and miniscule differences). It's a joke. In reality I much prefer a Nintendo today that just does what they want. Plus they've always been innovators, it's nothing new. Look at the Nintendo Power Pad, or the Zapper, Even at their roots they've always tried to find more ways to interact with games, whether success or not. So they should stay that way as well, it's a part of their identity. Love or hate the Wii and the Wii U (and I personally think there are aspects that they could improve on no doubt), I still think it's important that they offer something up that is different. I don't want Nintendo to be just like it's competition, because what would be the point. If I wanted what the competition gives, I'd just go and pick up their systems. I give them credit for sticking to their guns.</p>

Edited by Mahmoodinho98, 21 February 2014 - 06:58 AM.

#2 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 21 February 2014 - 07:05 AM

I started to read a few sentences then got bored because of the text wall and html code.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#3 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 07:28 AM

Yeah Nintendo is part of it it's just losing right now.

#4 SPG

SPG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 657 posts
  • NNID:Pyroblock
  • Fandom:
    all things Nintendo and PC

Posted 21 February 2014 - 07:49 AM

I started to read a few sentences then got bored because of the text wall and html code.

tl;dr console wars are pointless because ps and xbox are more or less the same

wa3Nq7j.png

#5 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 12:53 PM

Yeah Nintendo is part of it it's just losing right now.

Iwata has stated that Nintendo is not looking to compete with Microsoft and Sony. These companies actually cater to gamers, unlike Nintendo who are chasing after the casual gamers that made the Wii one of the most successful home consoles of all time.

#6 Akazury

Akazury

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 352 posts
  • NNID:Akazury
  • Fandom:
    Pikmin, The Legend of Zelda, Pokémon

Posted 22 February 2014 - 03:06 PM

Omce again they are not chasing casuals. Their whole stragety is about finding new markets. The U is caught between the Wii and Nintendo's attempt to get back to the more hardcore gamers. So all the 'misfortune' could actually be blamed on them trying to go hardcore. (Like everybody wants them)

Everything can change, but I'm never changing who I am

#7 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 08:43 AM

Omce again they are not chasing casuals. Their whole stragety is about finding new markets. The U is caught between the Wii and Nintendo's attempt to get back to the more hardcore gamers. So all the 'misfortune' could actually be blamed on them trying to go hardcore. (Like everybody wants them)

Come on don't peddle that my nonsense my way, the Wii U is in its very essence is a casual console and most of the games Nintendo have released on it have been for casual gamers.

The Wii U is as every bit a casual as the Wii, but the main difference is the Wii had a lot of compelling software, the Wii U has virtually nothing.

#8 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 01:46 PM

I honestly couldn't care less about the console wars. Play on whatever console/consoles you choose and just have fun. Sadly some people have turned gaming into this "my toy is better than your toy so I'm better than you" nonsense.

#9 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 02:01 PM

I honestly couldn't care less about the console wars. Play on whatever console/consoles you choose and just have fun. Sadly some people have turned gaming into this "my toy is better than your toy so I'm better than you" nonsense.

They do that to justify the cost of their investment. it's the same thing with phones, where there's this big war between Android and iOS when the superior platform is clearly Blackberry 10 (even if American carriers refuse to officially release the latest OS)

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#10 Mahmoodinho98

Mahmoodinho98

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 419 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 01 March 2014 - 10:13 AM

Everyone agrees that no gaming company in the world that creates and innovates  like Nintendo

#11 DexterousGecko

DexterousGecko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 12:05 PM

Everyone agrees that no gaming company in the world that creates and innovates  like Nintendo

actually everyone doesn't agree with that at all...

#12 Mahmoodinho98

Mahmoodinho98

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 419 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 02 March 2014 - 09:27 AM

actually everyone doesn't agree with that at all...

#13 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 02 March 2014 - 03:18 PM

He has a valid point though. An innovation is basically anything that everyone must have. The Wii and the DS are great examples. The Virtual Boy and the Gamecube, not so much.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#14 Neptunia

Neptunia

Goomba

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 10:44 AM

Unfortunately it's something that won't die. Many gamers will bash eachother's consoles until the next gen consoles get announced/released and the war will move on.

Like sports fans.

Edited by Neptunia, 03 March 2014 - 10:45 AM.

#15 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 07:20 PM

People these days only argue over current system but once that gen is over they no longer care to debate it. They move on to the next one.

Only one console war is still hotly debated and still in battle with fans to this day 25 years later. Sega Genesis(Mega Drive for anyone outside the US) and Super Nintendo. IMO the best ever and in the best gaming decade ever the 90's. For some reason I still see people fight over this. Not just ah nostalgia talk either..all out flame wars..just like now. I think it's awesome. I don;t think in 25 years people will talk about PS4 vs Xbox One. People will always fondly look back but still have the same flame war about tech and games like SNES and Genny and Aladdin on Genny vs Aladdin on SNES (personally prefer SNES have both and bit of trivia Mikami's first game and he prefers Genesis version lol) In fact I did lurk VGchartz as I lurk some places even ones not fond of just to see what people are saying and saw a flame war over Genesis and SNES. It never ends. :laugh:

Personally. I love both to death. I have a lot of nostalgia tied up in SNES but I love so much about Genny as well I have a hard time picking. But yeah console wars come and go but one has ruled them all.

#16 SteventheSlayer

SteventheSlayer

Blooper

• Members
  • 199 posts
  • Fandom:
    Old-School Nintendo Fan

Posted 04 March 2014 - 07:46 PM

<p>today i was on ign and i read this comment by the maverikk, and i couldn't agree more, so here is the comment,</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>The console wars today is a joke. To be honest I'm glad that Nintendo isn't even a part of the embarrassment of a &quot;console war&quot; that people consider it today. The original Console War between Nintendo and Sega truly was a competition. Mud slinging, system exclusives every which way (between the Super Nintendo and Sega Genesis barely any titles are multiplatform.... each truly had it's own distinct library of games for the most part). Today is a wishy washy console war about which system has itty bitty minor differences. Sorry but there is nothing exciting debating which is better between the Playstation or XBox... they are more or less the exact same. Save for the very tiny handful of exclusives, which are incredibly hit or miss in many cases. These platforms are ruled by the 3rd parties and at the end of the day those great titles are on both systems (with the most minor and miniscule differences). It's a joke. In reality I much prefer a Nintendo today that just does what they want. Plus they've always been innovators, it's nothing new. Look at the Nintendo Power Pad, or the Zapper, Even at their roots they've always tried to find more ways to interact with games, whether success or not. So they should stay that way as well, it's a part of their identity. Love or hate the Wii and the Wii U (and I personally think there are aspects that they could improve on no doubt), I still think it's important that they offer something up that is different. I don't want Nintendo to be just like it's competition, because what would be the point. If I wanted what the competition gives, I'd just go and pick up their systems. I give them credit for sticking to their guns.</p>

tl:dr PC master race?

I don't even...

#17 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 07:54 PM

tl:dr PC master race?

Even they are peasants to those who play on PC,Console,Handhelds and classics systems and I don't mean emu's.

#18 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 07:35 AM

The reason the Wii U isn't a part of this 'console war' is because Nintendo is pretty much irrelevant in the games industry.

#19 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 08:11 AM

The reason the Wii U isn't a part of this 'console war' is because Nintendo is pretty much irrelevant in the games industry.

TROLL TROLL TROLL all you do

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!