• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 26 February 2014 - 08:01 AM

http://www.cinemable...able-62482.html

Wii_U_62482.jpg

A new racing wheel has been announced for the upcoming release of Mario Kart 8, the high-end exclusive due for release on May 30th for the Wii U. 

According to Nintendo Insider, additional peripherals are already being made available for the Wii U, jumping in on the accessory bandwagon of a potentially huge sales boon for the launch of Mario Kart 8 this spring. 

The PowerA accessory is a simple wheel capsule for the original Wii-mote. Given that the GamePad tablet (though I'm still inclined to call it the Wii-Pad) is way too big for any sort of accessory, there's still a market for the original Wii's peripherals given that the Wii U – unlike the PS4 and the Xbox One â€“ is completely backward compatible with the previous generation accessories and controllers. 

The accessory allows you to snugly fit the Wii-mote into the wheel and use it as a catalyst for all the hard-hitting driving action associated with the upcoming Mario Kart 8.

Read more at above link.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#2 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 26 February 2014 - 08:28 AM

Remember when the Wii Wheel was a good idea and everyone used it?

Yeah, me neither. 

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#3 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 26 February 2014 - 08:33 AM

Yeah, me neither. 

You'd be surprised at how many actually do use it... just like many use wii mote pointer controls in COD games... more than you think.

PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#4 lucario23

lucario23

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 08:54 AM

The motion controls aren't bad for mariokart, just not for competitive racing

#5 Mahmoodinho98

Mahmoodinho98

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 419 posts
  • Fandom:
    Halo,Nintendo,Arsenal and Merrikh

Posted 26 February 2014 - 09:07 AM

is it possible to use the game pad's gyroscope to make the game pad a racing  Wheel.

#6 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 26 February 2014 - 09:15 AM

is it possible to use the game pad's gyroscope to make the game pad a racing  Wheel.

Yes

#7 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 09:36 AM

this is just the same as the wheel for the wii but with a sticker on it, where is the focus on the gamepads unique features ?

#8 iEatTacos

iEatTacos

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 724 posts
  • NNID:iEatTacos
  • Fandom:
    Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Legend Of Zelda

Posted 26 February 2014 - 10:33 AM

Pretty cool, but I'll be sticking to the GamePad. I'll be keeping my eye one this, though

#9 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 26 February 2014 - 11:04 AM

this is just the same as the wheel for the wii but with a sticker on it, where is the focus on the gamepads unique features ?

They'd have to hack in something at this point, I'd hate that.
Lol, rear-view mirror, everyone wanted it, nobody's going to even use it.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#10 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 26 February 2014 - 11:41 AM

Yeah, me neither. 

People didn't use the wii wheel? I thought everyone did? 

I thought it was fun and made it easier to control.

Edited by Hunter, 26 February 2014 - 11:41 AM.

#11 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 11:46 AM

I hated the Wii wheel. Felt like a blind man driving drunk. I threw it in a closet and despite 2 moves since then has the same dust from the first apt. I don't think it replaces analog for me.  Even for a kart racer I feel the wheel was not very precise. The wheel was more fun when you had more people in the room and with more chaos was more fun. Online or just single player however analog was a must IMO.

#12 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 11:53 AM

ill stick to normal controls, this will get some sales as plenty of people used it on mario kart wii, but i think the majority will use the same old wheel if they still have it.

#13 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 12:26 PM

You'd be surprised at how many actually do use it... just like many use wii mote pointer controls in COD games... more than you think.

True. I think a lot of people used the wheel with the Wii Mario Kart. Personally I plan on using the Pro Controller rather then the Gamepad or Wii Remote.

Edited by Gamejunkie, 26 February 2014 - 12:30 PM.

#14 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 12:49 PM

Yawns but to each his own I guess.

#15 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 27 February 2014 - 03:11 AM

I never used the Wii Wheel since I didn't have one. The Wiimote and Nunchuk are all I ever needed. The motion control felt bad anyway, like an experiment but nothing more.

Well, it's not they didn't have to deal with it for 3 CoD games, the fourth being Black Ops where classic controllers had button mapping issues. It's not really a wonder since the majority of the Wii U Codders are Wii veterans used to aiming with a remote. The only thing that was wrong with the Wii Remote is that people abused motion control glitches, particularly the KSG which went from pump to semi auto.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#16 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 02:47 PM

I used it at first, then I saw how my five year old was doing okay w/out it and I just stopped using it.  That said, his older brother kinda liked it as do his friends.  I don't see the purpose now that I don't use it and actually prefer the stick after playing the 3ds version and Sonic & All Stars Transformed. I'll pass on this one

People didn't use the wii wheel? I thought everyone did? 

I thought it was fun and made it easier to control.

#17 BKSmash

BKSmash

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Greatest Of The Greatest

Posted 28 February 2014 - 06:28 AM

Yeah I own the Wii one, but on this one I'll keep the controlling for the Gamepad and Pro Controller :)

#18 Law212

Law212

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 09:26 PM

I'd rather they made a good wheel like the one MS released near the beginning the the 360's life. I really wish I got my hands on one of those.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!