Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 27 February 2014 - 09:32 PM

http://www.gamespot....n/1100-6417990/

"In all honesty, all the Wii U games I've ever played, the only good ones are the ones that are made specifically for [the Wii U]. And this just doesn't fit," Brunner said.

The Wii U also has a small install base, relative to consoles and PC. The Xbox 360 and PS3 have combined for more than 160 million sales to date, while the Xbox One and PS4 together total more than 8.3 million systems sold worldwide so far. As for the Wii U, that system has sold only 5.86 million units as of December 31.

Gamespot, while combining the competing current-generation console sales, use this as a reason as they themselves see it.
The Developer they talked to at Square-Enix, however claimed that because they weren't going to make the game work properly on the Wii U, they didn't feel like making it at all or the system.

Lazy developers, getting lazier, 2014.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#2 Azure-Edge

Azure-Edge

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • NNID:Azure-X

Posted 27 February 2014 - 11:03 PM

What's funny is at this point in time they're just shooting themselves in the foot. Yeah, the Xbone and PS4 COMBINED have outsold the Wii U. But here's the thing, by only developing on those two systems the maximum sales they'll see at the moment (IE an impossible 100% market penetration) would only be 8 million (I'm rounding). If they were to add the Wii U in however, they'd go up to 14 million (again rounding). That is a potential 75% increase in their sales.

Keep in mind that Tomb Raider sold something in the 4+ million range within something like a month and they considered that a financial failure. Heh, I can't wait to see their upcoming sales. Basic math would say a decent port job to the Wii U (Add another million to the total cost? At most?) would be incredibly profitable. 

pNgecl.gif

#3 Cozmo

Cozmo

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 06:23 PM

Although Murdered: Soul Suspect is headed to last-generation consoles as well as newly released systems, the action-adventure title will not be coming to Wii U. Airtight Games chief creative officer Matt Brunner recently explained to GameSpot why the game is skipping Nintendo’s platform. According to Brunner, the title wouldn’t be a good fit for Wii U. Murdered: Soul Suspect will be available in June for PC, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

“In all honesty, all the Wii U games I’ve ever played, the only good ones are the ones that are made specifically for [the Wii U],” Brunner said. “And this just doesn’t fit.”

That is a pathetic excuse.

Full article http://www.gamespot....n/1100-6417990/

#4 TheDoctor_13

TheDoctor_13

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • Fandom:
    Doctor Who

Posted 28 February 2014 - 06:47 PM

Well thats stupid. Another game I wont be getting. Watch it get less than satisfactory sales, haha.

Stupid Snowmads!

#5 Ocarina of Time

Ocarina of Time

Spiny

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 07:03 PM

Well, he's not wrong.

I'm still getting this game

#6 magiciandude

magiciandude

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 759 posts
  • NNID:magiciandude
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, PlayStation

Posted 28 February 2014 - 07:12 PM

Just a question. Who the heck are they?

Of Nelson and Murdock. Avocados at law.

Attorney at day, vigilante by night. 

#7 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 28 February 2014 - 07:18 PM

Apparently any game released for more than the Wii U is automatically bad on the Wii U... that's literally what he's saying.. What the actual hell

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#8 meitantei_conan

meitantei_conan

Boo

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • NNID:qublin_triforce

Posted 28 February 2014 - 07:45 PM

Not surprised. Though i'm not sure why people are getting so upset over this. Lets be honest, if this game did come out on WiiU it would of sold 10K copies. The WiiU user base are not active software buyers. 

Edited by meitantei_conan, 28 February 2014 - 07:45 PM.

#9 TheDoctor_13

TheDoctor_13

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • Fandom:
    Doctor Who

Posted 28 February 2014 - 07:52 PM

Not surprised. Though i'm not sure why people are getting so upset over this. Lets be honest, if this game did come out on WiiU it would of sold 10K copies. The WiiU user base are not active software buyers. 

Because were busy you know playing actual good games, not 10 hour movies. 

Stupid Snowmads!

#10 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 28 February 2014 - 08:48 PM

Considering I've heard horrible things about this game, I'm not too upset we'll be missing it. :/

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#11 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 08:53 PM

You can get this game on DS anyway. Called Ghost Trick

#12 meitantei_conan

meitantei_conan

Boo

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • NNID:qublin_triforce

Posted 28 February 2014 - 09:36 PM

Because were busy you know playing actual good games, not 10 hour movies. 

LOL! True.... to some extent. 

poor w101  ;-; 

#13 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 28 February 2014 - 11:38 PM

Babe...
http://thewiiu.com/t...-this-week-usa/

Continue with these misconceptions, blind of the evidence to the contrary.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#14 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 01 March 2014 - 12:28 AM

I'm not bothered about this game, but what annoys me is that Square Enix seems to have abandoned Wii U without even making one new game for it, only a 2 year old port.

I was hoping to see the next Hitman and Tomb Raider on Wii U but I guess that won't be happening. 

#15 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 12:21 PM

I don't get why developers can't just tell the truth and say "We don't see this game being profitable on Wii U".

#16 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 01:30 AM

Apparently any game released for more than the Wii U is automatically bad on the Wii U... that's literally what he's saying.. What the actual hell

Very observant.

I actually HOPE HE IS SAYING THAT TO COVER the real reason. Otherwise, with people this stupid running things... God help them.

That's only because of the steaming crap that has been available.

When you've had a game you're anticipating almost out - only to be held back for nearly a year - so the 360 can get it... Or have a port of a last gen game come to your shiny new gen console all gimped to hell... Or elcajon support dropped, you get a little gun shy.

Whose fault is that? The consumer? Not likely. Nintendo? Nope. They're the ones actually making good games like 3d world and donkey kong.

But wii u owners ant to branch out. Enjoy the aaa games that third parties create as well. Yet these companies treat Nintendo fans like second class citizens and then act all hurt when we don't purchase their crap. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy at this point.

But if they wants to put the effort in and make an honest to goodness go of it, they'd be rewarded.

Instead, shoot themselves in the foot, perpetuating this mistake.

#17 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 16 March 2014 - 01:45 AM

I don't get why developers can't just tell the truth and say "We don't see this game being profitable on Wii U".

I don't think that's their only problem with the Wii U.

Also they think Nintendo fans are stupid.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#18 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 16 March 2014 - 08:54 AM

Ok

Edited by kokirii, 16 March 2014 - 09:00 AM.

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#19 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 16 March 2014 - 09:20 AM

Ok

Indeed.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#20 Insanejawa

Insanejawa

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 02:09 AM

Is it because of the Game Pad? Hey write the game not using the game pad then, just look at it as another console with standard controllers. Don't use that has to be on next gen excuse and the Wii U cant compete with PS4 or XBox1 because they dont seem to be having a problem releasing them on PS3 or 360 and I know the U is better than those.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!