5 replies to this topic

#1 Azure-Edge

Azure-Edge

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • NNID:Azure-X

Posted 01 March 2014 - 01:45 PM

Hey everybody. I landed some money for my B-day this week and so now I'm wondering what I should use it for. 

So far I'm thinking of possible a combination of DK, ACIV, and a Pro Controller. Only thing about AC though is that so far I haven't really liked the series but the pirate angle seems like it'd be interesting. Any opinions?

At first I was thinking of putting it towards a Vita but I'm still not feeling it's worth the price tag. 

pNgecl.gif

#2 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 01 March 2014 - 03:48 PM

Only thing about AC though is that so far I haven't really liked the series but the pirate angle seems like it'd be interesting. Any opinions?

I didn't like the previous games either but seriously this one is amazing. You don't even have to know a lot about the previous games' stories to understand the story of this one, it is more of a pirate action/adventure game and doesn't really feel like AC. I would just go for it and buy a copy.

#3 Azure-Edge

Azure-Edge

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • NNID:Azure-X

Posted 01 March 2014 - 03:51 PM

I didn't like the previous games either but seriously this one is amazing. You don't even have to know a lot about the previous games' stories to understand the story of this one, it is more of a pirate action/adventure game and doesn't really feel like AC. I would just go for it and buy a copy.

Interesting, it's half price on Amazon atm so that's why I was considering it. Honestly though I've got a hell of a backlog between my 3DS and Wii U. I love games like Monster Hunter and Pokemon but they just suck away my life. 

pNgecl.gif

#4 DanJiblets

DanJiblets

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 357 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Halo

Posted 03 March 2014 - 05:18 PM

I'm pretty sure AC4 is permanently $30. I'd rather have Tropical Freeze personally, and don't feel the need for pro controller. But you really can't go wrong with either!

#5 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 03 March 2014 - 05:31 PM

Wii U is a great console go ahead and jump on it. Those 2 games should hold you over trying to 100% them both. HAVE FUN!

#6 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 05:33 PM

Pro Controller IMO smears the 360 pad. It's a little wider but the button placement oddly feels more natural than the 360 placement.

As for AC. I only loved II. I got ACIV new for 20$ and be my first since II. I avoided 3 after my friend wen ton about Natives and Connor not a good representation. ACIV being a pirate game why I got it. I never gave a crap abut the modern story it was Ezio that was amazing to me.

Retro has the Midas touch. They have yet to do a bad game. Everything they do is great. I was not a huge fan of MP2 Echoes but was still good. DK might be shorter than ACIV. AC game can be dragged out a while if you want. DK will no doubt be the most polished game. Ubi games esp AC games are known for many glitches. So there is that. ACIV no DLC. DK no DLC yet but who knows like Pikmin and Sonic may get some free or cheap DLC later and Nintendo has been fantastic with the DLC they put out so far.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!