Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 01 March 2014 - 01:58 PM

We’ve heard about a return to the world of the Matrix on the big screen here and there over the years, but now a new report indicates that Warner Bros. and series creators the Wachowski siblings are moving ahead on a new trilogy in the series.

Latino Review has the scoop, saying that the Wachowskis have started the writing process and have turned in treatments and outlines to Warners. It’s not clear whether or not they’ll direct the films, if they actually come to pass.

http://www.ign.com/a...is-in-the-works

Pleease.

I would enjoy this. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 01 March 2014 - 02:01 PM

Probably a prequel series?
I'd like a reboot. 2 and 3 were terrible.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#3 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 01 March 2014 - 03:43 PM

I'd like a reboot. 2 and 3 were terrible.

Yeah they were god-awful. Plz hollywood, I've had enough, no more sequels.

Edited by Hunter, 01 March 2014 - 03:43 PM.

#4 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 03:51 PM

How about this.  Drop the american Ghost in the Shell movie and this trilogy and get the Wachoski siblings to work on a GiTS movie.

#5 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 04:04 PM

^fuk no. leave GiTS to Japan already has 3 films. Esp Solid State was awesome. Fuk these American bullshnit versions of anime films. They always suck and the brother and now Sister team suck as well.

They were terrible films esp 2 & 3 and since they considered Enter the Matrix the game cannon..yay more really low production value games with bad story telling and acting and stuck in walls..yay.....

Edited by Ryudo, 01 March 2014 - 04:06 PM.

#6 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 01 March 2014 - 04:48 PM

How about this.  Drop the american Ghost in the Shell movie and this trilogy and get the Wachoski siblings to work on a GiTS movie.

I always saw the matrix as their attempt at gits style anime.

^fuk no. leave GiTS to Japan already has 3 films. Esp Solid State was awesome. Fuk these American bullshnit versions of anime films. They always suck and the brother and now Sister team suck as well.

They were terrible films esp 2 & 3 and since they considered Enter the Matrix the game cannon..yay more really low production value games with bad story telling and acting and stuck in walls..yay.....

Innocence wasn't the best.
Arise is looking great though, I think it's a reboot?

They also made the animatrix, which was a cannonball.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#7 MatrixChicken

MatrixChicken

Knock knock, Scootaloo...

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • NNID:MatrixChicken
  • Fandom:
    MLP:FiM, Mario, Star Wars... And more...

Posted 01 March 2014 - 05:05 PM

Ehhhhhh... Need my namesake be destroyed even more than the second and third movies already did? :P

I dunno, it could be cool, but yeah, it would need to be a reboot.

splatoonmcsig2_zps010eb482.png

Deviantart: MatrixChicken | Youtube: ThunderFilmStudios | Twitter: @JohnAlBerge

Twitch.tv: ThunderFilms | Soundcloud: ScootriX

#8 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 08:03 PM

I haven't seen anything past solid state society, and I don't remember the matrix that well.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#9 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 09:36 PM

I always saw the matrix as their attempt at gits style anime.
Innocence wasn't the best.
Arise is looking great though, I think it's a reboot?

They also made the animatrix, which was a cannonball.

TBH I'm really just a fan of Stand Alone Complex. yeah I didn't like the second film but even the second film is miles better than what anyone in hollywood would do. Arise yeah is a reboot but really a giant advertisment for Microsoft Surface -_-

#10 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 01 March 2014 - 10:50 PM

TBH I'm really just a fan of Stand Alone Complex. yeah I didn't like the second film but even the second film is miles better than what anyone in hollywood would do. Arise yeah is a reboot but really a giant advertisment for Microsoft Surface -_-

I ain't seed no micosoft surface in arise.

The OG movie is super, one of the first animus i watched what got me into it.
When you're in your 60's you started watching anime for one of two movies:
akira or gits.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#11 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 11:15 PM

I ain't seed no micosoft surface in arise.

The OG movie is super, one of the first animus i watched what got me into it.
When you're in your 60's you started watching anime for one of two movies:
akira or gits.

http://kotaku.com/gh...e-off-605995887

Cowboy Bebop and Ys anime prob my other faves among others. Irresponsible Captain Tylor is another great one.

Not typically into moe.

Edited by Ryudo, 01 March 2014 - 11:19 PM.

#12 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 02 March 2014 - 01:18 AM

meh, I don't have a problem with product placement.
It gives content creators another avenue to make some money on their work.

If it was piss-poor because of the product placements, I'd have an issue, but in things like Anime, it's just background imagery.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#13 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 01:23 AM

meh, I don't have a problem with product placement.
It gives content creators another avenue to make some money on their work.

If it was piss-poor because of the product placements, I'd have an issue, but in things like Anime, it's just background imagery.

The issue was is in your face often and for something so far in the future why are they using such old technology. Be the same if one set in modern times carried a Tandy around as a modern device. Soft drinks food and such are fine as they can be at any point in time. A specific device that is a gadget looks silly. Irobot with Will Smith..oh this JVC stereo vintage 2004 and this is vintage 2004. Was so damn stupid.

This does not piss me off but takes me out of the anime and not caring to watch anymore as it's distracting.

Edited by Ryudo, 02 March 2014 - 01:27 AM.

#14 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 02 March 2014 - 12:01 PM

The issue was is in your face often and for something so far in the future why are they using such old technology. Be the same if one set in modern times carried a Tandy around as a modern device. Soft drinks food and such are fine as they can be at any point in time. A specific device that is a gadget looks silly. Irobot with Will Smith..oh this JVC stereo vintage 2004 and this is vintage 2004. Was so damn stupid.

This does not piss me off but takes me out of the anime and not caring to watch anymore as it's distracting.

It wasn't a core element to the story, in episode 1 at least.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#15 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 03:08 PM

lolkotaku, kotaku has always been and will always be remembered for being garbage.

You're angry that we're getting a quality show with some product placement?  If Microsoft Surface is willing to throw out money to GiTS, then that's great.

It was hardly noticeable in Arise 1, the commercial was something outside of the series completely.

#16 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 03:14 PM

lolkotaku, kotaku has always been and will always be remembered for being garbage.

You're angry that we're getting a quality show with some product placement?  If Microsoft Surface is willing to throw out money to GiTS, then that's great.

It was hardly noticeable in Arise 1, the commercial was something outside of the series completely.

Never read kotaku just what was ina  google search  and again if you actually read my post. I'm not mad. Just takes me out of it as if someone in todays world is carrying around or advertising a Tandy Computer as modern.

A show that revolved around technology set in the distant future advertising a current product just loses the believability for me is all. No anger or much emotion at all. Just distracting takes me out of and lose interest. If it was coke or a car brand (but not specific model) and whatnot. Would not care in the least.

Edited by Ryudo, 02 March 2014 - 03:20 PM.

#17 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 03:36 PM

I see no issue with the Surface being used and it's not like sci-fi technology ever makes any real sense.

But I see it as a good thing, as animation teams actually make so little off the actual product itself, most of their profit comes from the figurines and whatnot.  If they could get microsoft to throw money at them for product placement, that's a pretty sweet thing, for the fans who want more GiTS and from the actual team and animators.

#18 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 02 March 2014 - 03:57 PM

So back to the Matrix.

My country is currently being run by Agent Smith. We're screwed.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#19 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 03 March 2014 - 04:40 AM

Never read kotaku just what was ina  google search  and again if you actually read my post. I'm not mad. Just takes me out of it as if someone in todays world is carrying around or advertising a Tandy Computer as modern.
A show that revolved around technology set in the distant future advertising a current product just loses the believability for me is all. No anger or much emotion at all. Just distracting takes me out of and lose interest. If it was coke or a car brand (but not specific model) and whatnot. Would not care in the least.

It was set in 2034, if memory serves.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!