Photo

PS4 surpasses 6 million units sold as of March 2nd;13.7 million copies in retail

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 05 March 2014 - 08:41 AM

PS4 software sales also remain strong with more than 13.7 million*2 copies sold in retail stores worldwide and through digital downloads on PlayStation®Store as of March 2, 2014 (JST). Over 30 exciting titles*3 are available from SCE Worldwide Studios (SCE WWS) and the industry's best software developers and publishers, including the independent development community. This incredible line-up reflects the strong support for PS4 among developers and publishers, and has led the platform's accelerated momentum and expansion. A few of the top selling titles included KILLZONE SHADOW FALL (SCE WWS), which has already sold over 2.1 million units worldwide, KNACK (SCE WWS), Call of Duty: Ghosts (Activision), FIFA14 (Electronic Arts), Battlefield 4 (Electronic Arts), and Assassin's Creed: IV Black Flag (Ubisoft Entertainment). Titles developed by the independent development community such as Contrast (Complusion Gams), Warframe (Digital Extremes) and Don't Starve: Console Edition (Klei Entertainment), have also been highly acclaimed by gamers. Japanese gamers are enjoying the latest installments of popular franchises, such as DYNASTY WARRIORS 8: Xtreme Legends Complete Edition (Tecmo Koei Games Co., Ltd), FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn (SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD) and Ryu-ga-gotoku Ishin! (SEGA Corporation). 
The PS4 system's games portfolio will continue to expand with highly anticipated titles such as METAL GEAR SOLID V: GROUND ZEROES (Konami Digital Entertainment Co., Ltd.), KINGDOM HEARTS III (SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD), Destiny (Activision), Watch_Dogs™ (Ubisoft Entertainment), The Witness (Thekla, Inc.), #DRIVECLUB (SCE WWS), inFAMOUS Second Son™ (SCE WWS) and The Order 1886 (SCE WWS).

http://www.prnewswir...-248315741.html

Great numbers. Hopefully Sony can get out of the red. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:17 AM

http://www.prnewswir...-248315741.html

Great numbers. Hopefully Sony can get out of the red. 

It will take more than a successful console for that to happen.

#3 DexterousGecko

DexterousGecko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:59 AM

Sony's woe's stem from assuming people will overpay for a Sony product just because it's a Sony product. Those days are LONG gone.

#4 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 10:00 AM

Sony's woe's stem from assuming people will overpay for a Sony product just because it's a Sony product. Those days are LONG gone.

I love my Sony Bravia TV though.

#5 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 05 March 2014 - 10:50 AM

That shortage

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#6 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 05 March 2014 - 12:22 PM

so people  who bought a PS4 have an average of 2 physical games? Is digital getting that popular or does this  basically confirm the PS4 doesn't have that  many good games yet,  I think abit of  both

No sig.

#7 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 01:39 PM

I'm pretty sure the console is just selling off of hype. Knack and Killzone aren't games that make a console sell 6 million, nor the multiplats/PSN games. They won't have my purchase until there's some more games out.

#8 DexterousGecko

DexterousGecko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 01:56 PM

so people  who bought a PS4 have an average of 2 physical games? Is digital getting that popular or does this  basically confirm the PS4 doesn't have that  many good games yet,  I think abit of  both

Digital has been getting popular for a few years now :) Check out steam for details :P also, 90 percent of my ps3 collection is digital.

#9 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 01:57 PM

PS4 still waiting for that killer must have game, there are good games though. There are around 10 free PS+ games so that might explain average of 2 games per customer.

#10 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 05 March 2014 - 02:07 PM

There are around 10 free PS+ games so that might explain average of 2 games per customer.

PS4 has only gotten 3 free PS+ games.  One is a twin-stick shooter, one is a remake of a PS3 download game, and one is Outlast.

Edited by kokirii, 05 March 2014 - 02:08 PM.

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#11 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 05 March 2014 - 02:54 PM

Playstation Plus

Resogun

Contrast

Don't Starve: Console Edition

Outlast

Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition

Free to Play

Warframe

War Thunder

Blacklight Retribution

The Playroom

DC Universe Online

Cross Buy

Doki Doki Universe

Pinball Arcade

Zen Pinball 2

flOw

Flower

Escape Plan

Sound Shapes

A lot of free offerings available to play, not necessarily the best quality, but it's better than nothing. People can afford to buy only two games and still have plenty to play. Most people have bought a PS4 in advance for games like Kingdom Hearts III, Second Son, The Order, Destiny and Uncharted. I don't think current offerings are what have driven the massive buys of the system.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#12 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:13 PM

I have 31 retail games for my Wii U and then about 10 eShop downloads.  I forgot what the exact numbers are for the Wii U in software sales, but it's a low ratio.  So if I have 31 and then there's folks here who have as many or at least 10, does that mean that there's all these people who pretty much just buy the system and two-three games?

#13 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:18 PM

Ps plus has been good especially outlast and the free stuff has been killer with DCU being my primary game out of the free ones.

Knack well it's just avg let's leave it at that

KZSF is actually a good game nothing to great but imo a easy 7 out of 10 maybe borderline 8. It has a good multiplayer and a fun campaign but it's too much of a generic shooter to be great.

Also most of the 3rd party stuff runs better on ps4, granted not that much but people like to point out all that 1080/60 bs.

#14 iEatTacos

iEatTacos

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 724 posts
  • NNID:iEatTacos
  • Fandom:
    Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Legend Of Zelda

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:33 PM

Way to go Sony. Still waiting for Second Son

#15 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:43 PM

Yeah, Knack is the best middle tier. It's not as easy as Mario games to be honest, but it's nothing super special either. It is an unbelievable grind to a Platinum if you're into that (I know I am and I went through 8 playthroughs >=( )

I couldn't get into KZSF. I've only done the first chapter and don't really want to continue because my grade was ass. I haven't played any of the previous ones so that might be why.

Also, Dynasty Warriors 8 Extreme Legends Complete Edition this time next month. YEEEEEEAAAAAAAH!

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!