• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 02:26 AM

March 20th the new version of DirectX will debut, what will it bring to gamers?

http://uk.ign.com/ar...ebut-directx-12

#2 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 06 March 2014 - 03:43 AM

...and now they've outdated their DX11 max Xbox One even quicker than expected

#3 Big Boss

Big Boss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 04:06 AM

I can't wait to install it 20 timessss

#4 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 05:46 AM

...and now they've outdated their DX11 max Xbox One even quicker than expected

Don't worry, it'll be in Xbox One SP1

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#5 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 06 March 2014 - 05:56 AM

Don't worry, it'll be in Xbox One SP1

:P

Haha

I find it weird, I know it says the thing is scalable to mobile devices BUT the difference between DX12 and DX11 won't be noticeable without next generation PC hardware, which costs over £900 on a GPU alone currently. Even if there was a magical way of getting DX12 to work on the Xbox One there wouldn't be any need or point, especially when resolutiongate is pointing out that the Xbox One is using up resources on things OTHER than videogames. If I were microsoft I would have waited until 2016 before spinning the shock to XBO users that their hardware is insufficient to play true next generation games in visual terms NOT gameplay. As we know visuals don't matter, but to a lot of the Xbox audience - they do.

#6 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 06 March 2014 - 07:33 AM

March 20th the new version of DirectX will debut, what will it bring to gamers?

http://uk.ign.com/ar...ebut-directx-12

low-level gpu access for developers like opengl and mantle have been doing for years.

Of course it will be successful and kill off both of them, since microsoft have the money to force developers to use it.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#7 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 09:20 AM

low-level gpu access for developers like opengl and mantle have been doing for years.

Of course it will be successful and kill off both of them, since microsoft have the money to force developers to use it.

Isn't Mantle just out, like last month? Benchmark improvements with Mantle running BF4 before and after were huge.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!