YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 08 March 2014 - 02:19 PM

tech_games11__01__970-630x420.jpg

Sales of Microsoft’s (MSFT) new game console, the Xbox One, started strong with some 3 million sold around the world from its Nov. 22 launch to the new year. Since then, though, the consoles have piled up on store shelves. Researcher NPD Group estimates that Sony’s (SNE) PlayStation 4, introduced on Nov. 15, outsold the Xbox One in January by at least a 2-to-1 margin in the U.S. And on March 4, Sony announced that the PlayStation 4 has sold 6 million systems and 13.7 million games, including 2.1 million copies of Killzone: Shadow Fall, an exclusive to the PlayStation. Console makers that log big monthly sales typically report them; Microsoft hasn’t so far in 2014.

Microsoft is betting it can sell more Xbox Ones on the strength of an online multiplayer game called Titanfall, which will be released only for its consoles on March 11. “It’s hard to overstate the importance of Titanfall to the Xbox One release this year,” says Yusuf Mehdi, chief marketing and strategy officer for Microsoft’s devices and studios. “For us, it’s a game changer. It’s a system seller.”

http://www.businessw...ve-the-xbox-one

Titanfall will definitely be a success. It'll save the Xbone like Mario Kart will. Every console should be successful this gen, IMO. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 TheDoctor_13

TheDoctor_13

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • Fandom:
    Doctor Who

Posted 08 March 2014 - 03:37 PM

I haven't played it, but from I've seen its CoD with robots. Now it does seem like more fun than CoD (if thats any fun at all). We'll see, but seems like people like it from the beta.

Stupid Snowmads!

#3 DexterousGecko

DexterousGecko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 03:37 PM

I'd be just fine with every console doing very well. More games!

“ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ.”

#4 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 08 March 2014 - 03:51 PM

Do I even want to know what a donger is? Does we helicopter next?

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#5 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 04:00 PM

Got the feeling Zinix is not looking forward to this game at all... ahahah.

#6 iEatTacos

iEatTacos

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 724 posts
  • NNID:iEatTacos
  • Fandom:
    Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Legend Of Zelda

Posted 08 March 2014 - 06:08 PM

Titanfall will no doubt sell well. The marketing blitz the past 6 months have assured that. But it's not a system seller.

#7 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 08 March 2014 - 08:31 PM

HUH

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#8 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 09:45 PM

I played the beta.

I'm not the multiplayer type.

But this game really sold me. Getting it next week.

It's going to be big. Lots of games will copy elements from titanfall.

Would have made a great wii u game with asymmetric gameplay all around. Lol

But ms has those server farms.

#9 angelo07stang

angelo07stang

Boo

• Members
  • 521 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Metroid, mariokart

Posted 09 March 2014 - 06:00 AM

Titanfall will no doubt sell well. The marketing blitz the past 6 months have assured that. But it's not a system seller.

I would have to disagree Titanfall is definatley a system seller there is no other fps out there like it and it is a blast to play with your friends.

I haven't played it, but from I've seen its CoD with robots. Now it does seem like more fun than CoD (if thats any fun at all). We'll see, but seems like people like it from the beta.

I played the beta on xbox one it plays nothing like call of duty its so much faster paced and players that do try to play it like its call of duty get destroyed in the game cause they don't wall run and hum from building to building. I take out players like its shooting fish in a barrel cause  I will get the drop on ground players faster cause they are exposed out  in the open.

Posted Image

#10 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 09 March 2014 - 06:48 AM

It will sell well, but I don't think it will be a system seller, only for the fact that it's also on PC and the 360.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#11 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 09 March 2014 - 07:40 AM

^What he said.

MS will be looking for 360 owners to upgrade to X1 but they wont when they can still get the same games on their 360. If MS come out with a new Halo exclusive to X1 this year then they will sell a lot more consoles.

#12 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 11:48 PM

I would have to disagree Titanfall is definatley a system seller there is no other fps out there like it and it is a blast to play with your friends.
I played the beta on xbox one it plays nothing like call of duty its so much faster paced and players that do try to play it like its call of duty get destroyed in the game cause they don't wall run and hum from building to building. I take out players like its shooting fish in a barrel cause  I will get the drop on ground players faster cause they are exposed out  in the open.

Have to agree. It's amazing even in beta firm. The addition of new elements make it a game that will likely appeal to everyone.

It will move systems.

It's actually a truly great game from what the beta shows.

Ms scored a coup when they made this exclusive on the console side.

It's going to be big.

Congrats to Respawn. They formed a very talented team, made the hard decisions up front, then poured on the hard work. The result is amazing and will set the standard for multiplayer this gen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!