• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 07:06 AM

No reason for Kinect at all. It's the definition of a gimmick.

Microsoft had no intention of making Kinect the stand out feature for games because we would have seen something by now that shows why we need it. They also want their consumers to think they are getting a great deal with Kinect included when in fact, they just wanted a huge profit with the overprice.

You only have to look at the first Kinect to see what a failure it was for gamers.

The same criticism you direct at Microsoft can also be applied to Nintendo and their decision to include a Gamepad.

#22 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 07:20 AM

The same criticism you direct at Microsoft can also be applied to Nintendo and their decision to include a Gamepad.

Put it this way. If by the end of this gen Wii U and gamepad is declared a total failure would Nintendo do the exact same thing with Wii 3, no but Microsoft did with Kinect. That's the point.

Besides, gamepad has far more useful stuff going for it than Spycam 2.0.

Edited by Toilet_Snaker, 19 March 2014 - 07:20 AM.

#23 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 07:23 AM

No it doesn't, the Wii U Gamepad is one of the most useless peripherals going, at least with the Kinect, it can switched off, and put in a box. The Gamepad is paired with the console entirely. It's beyond rainbow.

#24 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 07:33 AM

I honestly as a standard prefer a standard controller but I find many uses in the Gamepad and so many ideas untapped. Was not a big fan of waggle but liked it for Metroid Prime and a couple other games I would have not had it any other way.  Since the Game & Watch days Nintendo has tried to innovate. Sometimes hit sometimes a miss. I don;t think Gamepad is a miss but more of a slow grower.

Something Nintendo is not used to. Obviously Sony is on the idea with Vita and MS with smartglass. So right away it's not a failure when the others have already copied it. Second screen experience was proven by DS and even WiiU as the others already running with the idea. It has even practical use. When not in games for multimedia purposes as people use tablets for Roku or Apple TV. Used to be to get touchscreen remote for the TV had to spend over a thousand bucks for what WiiU offers now and it does it better.

Kinect again cool tech but no practical use for media or gaming. It's just there to be impressive tech but also scare people. MS is not Nintendo. MS bought the company the made the Kinect. Kinect was shown I think was CES 2008. MS does not know how to lead by example with it's newfound toy. SEGA or now Nintendo and even to some degree Sony would bring out a game or series of games they really benefit the new toy and why it's needed. MS has yet to figure that out.

#25 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 19 March 2014 - 12:36 PM

No it doesn't, the Wii U Gamepad is one of the most useless peripherals going

You have the most hardcore logic blinders I've ever seen.

Part 2!

271015-ljn-roll-rocker-1989.jpg271013-cta-digital-6-in-1-sports-pack-20271016-nintendo-r-o-b-1985.jpgthe-most-useless-gaming-accessories-2010the-most-useless-gaming-accessories-2010the-most-useless-gaming-accessories-2010power-glove.jpgkatana-soul-controller.jpg

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#26 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 01:10 PM

Ah come on! Everyone loved these! And when I say love I mean Hated!

0jHuXQa.jpg

yDoOT2L.jpg

bqzzihU.jpg

1tT3KWo.jpg

YqD021j.jpg

#27 DexterousGecko

DexterousGecko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 01:57 PM

You have the most hardcore logic blinders I've ever seen.

Part 2!

271015-ljn-roll-rocker-1989.jpg271013-cta-digital-6-in-1-sports-pack-20271016-nintendo-r-o-b-1985.jpgthe-most-useless-gaming-accessories-2010the-most-useless-gaming-accessories-2010the-most-useless-gaming-accessories-2010power-glove.jpgkatana-soul-controller.jpg

INNOVATION, NOT GIMMICKY ^^

#28 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 10:32 PM

I never said the Xbox One is the only thing they can hack. In fact, ever since I've seen Enemy of the State, I've assumed that anything connected to the internet can be hacked. Hell, even if your phone is off, they can turn your microphone on and listen to you. Why do you think they like phones without removable batteries?
But don't listen to me. I'm just a crazy conspiracy theorists. ^_^

Great movie.

I gotcha.

#29 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 07:25 AM

Great movie.

I gotcha.

It is a great movie!!!! ^_^