Photo

Xbox One: Live Reputation Coming Soon: Rewards Good Players, Punishes Bad Player

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 26 March 2014 - 04:46 PM

Last July, I gave you a preview of what to expect with reputation on Xbox One. Gaming has always been a social activity, and for Xbox One we redesigned the Xbox Live community-powered reputation system from Xbox 360 to help better inform players about their behavior in the community.

On Xbox One, there are currently categories of player reputation score – "Green = Good Player," being the large majority of our users, "Yellow = Needs Work" and "Red = Avoid Me." By looking at someone’s Gamercard you’re able to quickly see their reputation. The more hours you play fairly online without being reported as abusive by other players, the better your reputation will be. The algorithm looks to identify players that are repeatedly disruptive across the community on Xbox Live. The vast majority of players do not regularly receive feedback from other players and, thus, will stay at the “Good Player” reputation level.

Here’s what the reputation levels mean for you:

•"Good Players" - The majority of gamers will fall into this level. As we’ve said before, we have plans to introduce rewards for good behavior and look forward to sharing more in the future!
•Warnings for “Needs Work” – Beginning this month, some players will start receiving reputation warnings as their reputations drop due to feedback from the community. The purpose of these communications is to remind players about their effect on the community and encourage them to have more positive interactions. These warnings are based on community feedback collected since Xbox One launched.
•Penalties for “Avoid Me” – If players do not heed warnings and continue to have a negative impact on other players and the Xbox Live community, they will begin to experience penalties. For example, people with an “Avoid Me” rating will have reduced matchmaking pairings and may be unable to use certain privileges such as Twitch broadcasting.

Remember, we designed the algorithm so it won’t penalize you for bad reports over a few weeks of play. The system also adjusts for false reports from people that might intentionally report someone of greater skill or for other griefing purposes.

At the end of the day, our goal is to match you with other gamers you’ll enjoy, and create the best gaming community online. Visit the Xbox Live Policy and Enforcement page for more details on the Xbox One reputation system.

http://news.xbox.com...?linkId=7809229

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 Expansion Pak

Expansion Pak

Enlightened Fanboy

• Members
  • 821 posts
  • NNID:Koopamann14
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon the Series: XY and PS4

Posted 26 March 2014 - 05:00 PM

LOOK OUT CAMPERS/HACKERS/SQUEAKERS 

YOUR REIGN OF TERROR IS OVER!!!!!!!!!!!

I shower you with coconut cream pies.

#3 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 05:29 PM

I never sub to XBL Gold so if I ever get a XBO likely to have a bad rep because I never play online. Heh

#4 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 26 March 2014 - 05:53 PM

I never sub to XBL Gold so if I ever get a XBO likely to have a bad rep because I never play online. Heh

That's because you can't afford it. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#5 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 06:08 PM

Sure I can but I'm not an idiot so I don't get scammed by XBL Gold. XBL Gold is for gullible fools.

Fools Gold

Edited by Ryudo, 26 March 2014 - 07:05 PM.

#6 iEatTacos

iEatTacos

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 724 posts
  • NNID:iEatTacos
  • Fandom:
    Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Legend Of Zelda

Posted 26 March 2014 - 08:37 PM

Can't wait for the trolls to spam some innocent dude's profile with negative reports

#7 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 26 March 2014 - 10:13 PM

I thought this was about "playing well" rather than "behaving well" and was a little confused as to why you'd punish players who play bad.

I guess this is okay.

So what?

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#8 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 08:28 AM

People don't give anyone good rep, only bad so every gold member will be punished or banned at some point lmao. Genius Microsoft....

#9 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 11:34 AM

wish this was in place when i actualy had a xbox. 

expect some success but also expect alot of friendly fire from rainbowty players reporting good players.

#10 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 27 March 2014 - 02:05 PM

People don't give anyone good rep, only bad so every gold member will be punished or banned at some point lmao. Genius Microsoft....

I never get bad rep. 

#11 DexterousGecko

DexterousGecko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 03:41 PM

Systems like these obviously have flaws, and there are the odd people that get incorrectly punished, but by and large, they're very effective. I watch the LoL forums and it's hilarious seeing the people who say they were suspended "unfairly". They then show the tribunal case and sure enough, they're constantly insulting teammates, trash talking, trolling, threatening people, etc.

Generally only the dbags will be punished. Oddly enough, I never have seen the level of toxicity from my ps that I saw when I had my xbox.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!