Photo

New Michael Jackson album announced: Xscape. 8 unreleased songs coming May 13th.

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 31 March 2014 - 05:16 PM

The project features eight new tracks, which the world will be hearing for the very first time on the new album. For the ultimate fan experience, XSCAPE will also be available in a Deluxe Edition, which includes all of the sourced Michael Jackson recordings in their original form
The album’s lead producer, Timbaland was one of a handful of producers Reid believed had the gravitas, depth and range to creatively engage with Jackson’s work. Additional producers include global hitmakers Rodney Jerkins, Stargate, Jerome “Jroc” Harmon and John McClain.

http://www.michaelja...coming-may-13th

Edited by Zinix, 31 March 2014 - 05:16 PM.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 31 March 2014 - 05:26 PM

So he came back from the dead to make this album? Talk about determined...

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#3 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 31 March 2014 - 05:36 PM

So he came back from the dead to make this album? Talk about determined...

Unreleased tracks.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#4 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 31 March 2014 - 05:46 PM

Unreleased tracks.

That's what they want you to think.

sfOI1m6.jpg

#5 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 31 March 2014 - 06:23 PM

That's what they want you to think.

Xscape was recorded in 2001, 

#6 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 08:23 PM

I never got why people like this guy but whatever at least a fanbase is happy.

#7 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 12:16 AM

He was amazingin the 70's and 80's and loaded with talent. He just went crazy and his work suffered. Hewas to pop music what Elvis was to Rock n Roll and oddly enough married Elvis daughter. May not like them (I don't like Elvis myself) but they did alot for thier industry.  Before MJ moves like his and music like his and Music Video's like his were never seen before.

I don't think his career ever fully recovered after the first child abuse allegations in the early 90's. Kinda was a downhill ride from there. He had a few hits here and there but never the same hieght as the 80's.

Still this is still badass.

Then again could never got wrong with Vincent Price

Edited by Ryudo, 01 April 2014 - 12:19 AM.

#8 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 01 April 2014 - 04:02 AM

Why not? He was a music creative genius that did every genre of music.

#9 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 01 April 2014 - 04:09 AM

476051.gif

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#10 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 04:28 AM

He doesn't have a great voice imo considering his contemporaries in music(in general) like in the 70s Robert Plant, Steven Tyler, David Bowie, Waylon Jennings, in the 80s Bono, Axl Rose, George Strait, in the 90s well the guy was a has been by then so yeah. My point being he never had the best voice in his peak of production.

I feel the only thing he had going was that he danced like he did and had his style but that doesn't amount to good music but rather a trend in an era. Still I'm not that into pop music in general like Justin Timberlake(who is influenced heavily by MJ) is awful or Madonna is utter crap.

I guess I tend to side with more mature sounding music and if it's silly it either coming from a person who has an incredible voice or the music is extremely catchy. MJ has some catchy tunes but to call him a genius or the goat is really pushing it considering there's so many other artist who have catchy tunes like MJs.

#11 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 01 April 2014 - 07:53 AM

He doesn't have a great voice imo considering his contemporaries in music(in general) like in the 70s Robert Plant, Steven Tyler, David Bowie, Waylon Jennings, in the 80s Bono, Axl Rose, George Strait, in the 90s well the guy was a has been by then so yeah. My point being he never had the best voice in his peak of production.

I feel the only thing he had going was that he danced like he did and had his style but that doesn't amount to good music but rather a trend in an era. Still I'm not that into pop music in general like Justin Timberlake(who is influenced heavily by MJ) is awful or Madonna is utter crap.

I guess I tend to side with more mature sounding music and if it's silly it either coming from a person who has an incredible voice or the music is extremely catchy. MJ has some catchy tunes but to call him a genius or the goat is really pushing it considering there's so many other artist who have catchy tunes like MJs.

This really confuses me. I have never heard anyone, even people who dislike his music, say he wasn't a great singer. He had an amazing voice, and unlike pretty much all the people you listed he could still sing in tune right up until he died.

What does "mature sounding music" mean? 

I won't even get into how crazy it is to think MJ was only famous for his dance moves...

Edited by Hunter, 01 April 2014 - 11:07 AM.

#12 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 01 April 2014 - 08:09 AM

Dude, i'm gonna be straight with you here. You need to get over yourself. I'm no huge fan of Madonna or Justin timberlake, but their music is till good (for pop music (whcich i, too am not a huge fan of)). 

Also what the heck is this "mature" music crap? How are any of the three you mentioned immature when it comes to music?

It's pretty ridiculous to think all the musical geniuses for the better part of thirty years were all part of the same genre.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#13 Envy

Envy

Thwomp

• Members
  • 349 posts
  • NNID:WoodwindsRock
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Pokemon, Paper Mario, SSB

Posted 01 April 2014 - 09:32 AM

Agreed.

It's nice that fans will get some unreleased tracks, but I really do not care for his music, personally. Neither in the Jackson 5, nor his solo work in the 80s. (although I'm not big on 80s music in general, so that's no surprise).

Every genre?

-

woodwinds3.jpg

#14 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 01 April 2014 - 11:02 AM

Xscape was recorded in 2001, 

All lies.

sfOI1m6.jpg

#15 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 01 April 2014 - 11:10 AM

Every genre?

I'm sure he was just exaggerating, but he did work on a huge variety of different genres of music. More than your typical pop singer does.

#16 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 11:14 AM

I'm not big fan of MJ but I respect what he did and if someone can't see what even a blind man in a room full of ninjas can see then man I feel bad for ya.

Next someone will tell me Freddie Mercury and Steve Perry could not sing.

#17 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 01 April 2014 - 02:49 PM

Agreed.

It's nice that fans will get some unreleased tracks, but I really do not care for his music, personally. Neither in the Jackson 5, nor his solo work in the 80s. (although I'm not big on 80s music in general, so that's no surprise).

Every genre?

Yes. He has unreleased tracks of every modern genre. except country. Nobody listens to country anyway. 

#18 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 01 April 2014 - 04:51 PM

Yes. He has unreleased tracks of every modern genre. except country. Nobody listens to country anyway. 

LOL what's country?

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#19 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 01 April 2014 - 05:05 PM

LOL what's country?

Garbage tier music. 

#20 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 05:23 PM

Dude, i'm gonna be straight with you here. You need to get over yourself. I'm no huge fan of Madonna or Justin timberlake, but their music is till good (for pop music (whcich i, too am not a huge fan of)). 
Also what the heck is this "mature" music crap? How are any of the three you mentioned immature when it comes to music?
It's pretty ridiculous to think all the musical geniuses for the better part of thirty years were all part of the same genre.

Well I listen to MJ and his lyrics and it's so child like, there's nothing deep about them. It's like reading a Fearstreet novel which would be for teens and then jumping to Mary Shelly's Frankenstein which it's clearly filled with more than just the simple story and conclusion. There is such a thing as simple not emotional music like MJ or Madonna.

Also when you have to point out that their pop artist that kinda sums up my view on them, their good in their respected genre but in the pantheon of great artist don't even mention them cause they don't cut.

Now the genius singers/musicians are clearly based of taste like your basing your geniuses. Like me you may disagree on that but to each his own.

This really confuses me. I have never heard anyone, even people who dislike his music, say he wasn't a great singer. He had an amazing voice, and unlike pretty much all the people you listed he could still sing in tune right up until he died.

What does "mature sounding music" mean? 

I won't even get into how crazy it is to think MJ was only famous for his dance moves...

I went a little overboard with the dancing part there lol but I honestly don't feel he has anything special with his voice. I mention a ton of singers from his era and they might not be able to sing in tune now or ten years ago but one is not measured past his prime but in his prime. So yes all those singers in their hey day blow MJ out of the water.

The mature sounding music thing is just me saying MJ has no depth emotionally nor lyrically. There's nothing in his music that sounds like a growth in him, he sounded the same to me in every era. I guess the one song would be Billie Jean.

I'm not big fan of MJ but I respect what he did and if someone can't see what even a blind man in a room full of ninjas can see then man I feel bad for ya.
Next someone will tell me Freddie Mercury and Steve Perry could not sing.

My point is he did what he did but would you really put his voice next to Mercury's? Cause I for sure wouldn't.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!