Photo

New Michael Jackson album announced: Xscape. 8 unreleased songs coming May 13th.

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#21 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 01 April 2014 - 05:29 PM

Well I listen to MJ and his lyrics and it's so child like, there's nothing deep about them. It's like reading a Fearstreet novel which would be for teens and then jumping to Mary Shelly's Frankenstein which it's clearly filled with more than just the simple story and conclusion. There is such a thing as simple not emotional music like MJ or Madonna.

Also when you have to point out that their pop artist that kinda sums up my view on them, their good in their respected genre but in the pantheon of great artist don't even mention them cause they don't cut.

Now the genius singers/musicians are clearly based of taste like your basing your geniuses. Like me you may disagree on that but to each his own.

I went a little overboard with the dancing part there lol but I honestly don't feel he has anything special with his voice. I mention a ton of singers from his era and they might not be able to sing in tune now or ten years ago but one is not measured past his prime but in his prime. So yes all those singers in their hey day blow MJ out of the water.

The mature sounding music thing is just me saying MJ has no depth emotionally nor lyrically. There's nothing in his music that sounds like a growth in him, he sounded the same to me in every era. I guess the one song would be Billie Jean.

My point is he did what he did but would you really put his voice next to Mercury's? Cause I for sure wouldn't.

His lyrics are far from child like. You must be listening to his love songs. Listen to "Is It Scary", "Threatened", "Ghost", or "Morphine". Those are all songs that have depth emotionally and have lyrically. Michael Jackson actually wrote. Again you should go back to listen to all of his albums before you claim he doesn't have "depth". You're just looking at a few songs, and not what the man was fully capable of doing music-wise. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#22 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 01 April 2014 - 08:40 PM

Well I listen to MJ and his lyrics and it's so child like, there's nothing deep about them. It's like reading a Fearstreet novel which would be for teens and then jumping to Mary Shelly's Frankenstein which it's clearly filled with more than just the simple story and conclusion. There is such a thing as simple not emotional music like MJ or Madonna.

Also when you have to point out that their pop artist that kinda sums up my view on them, their good in their respected genre but in the pantheon of great artist don't even mention them cause they don't cut.

Now the genius singers/musicians are clearly based of taste like your basing your geniuses. Like me you may disagree on that but to each his own.

I went a little overboard with the dancing part there lol but I honestly don't feel he has anything special with his voice. I mention a ton of singers from his era and they might not be able to sing in tune now or ten years ago but one is not measured past his prime but in his prime. So yes all those singers in their hey day blow MJ out of the water.

The mature sounding music thing is just me saying MJ has no depth emotionally nor lyrically. There's nothing in his music that sounds like a growth in him, he sounded the same to me in every era. I guess the one song would be Billie Jean.

My point is he did what he did but would you really put his voice next to Mercury's? Cause I for sure wouldn't.

Well first of all, being a good lyricist doesn't make you a musical genius. Lyrics is writing, music is music. Emotion is created through music, and lyrics can be used to make the emotion stronger or not. There are lots of great classical pieces that changed music forever that don't have lyrics because they are not and never have been a necessity in music, let alone determining whether or not someone is a musical genius.

Him being a pop musician really doesn't mean anything. Pop literally just stands for popular. Technically speaking you can call any genre pop once it reaches a certain level of fame. So discounting anyone immediately because their considered a pop musician isn't a smart thing to do. Also, I'm not basing who is a genius and who isn't off my taste, since I like pretty much everything, and even certain people's music that I wouldn't exactly listen to on a daily basis (i.e any classical composer) I would still call genius, because I can;t deny that the way they've created, the amount of detail and the capturing of emotion are genius.

Comparing vocal talent is almost impossible. You can compare range, strength and maybe uniqueness. But I think since in those three categories the two seem to be evenly matched, we'll just have to leave it at that. there's not really much else you can compare.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#23 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 04 April 2014 - 11:34 PM

lol this thread.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#24 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 04 April 2014 - 11:40 PM

lol this thread.

You looking to show off how strong you fight is? cause around here, who's wrong or right doesn't matter. 

Seriously you'd better run. Do what you can. I know, I know, you don't wanna be a boy, you wanna be a "man". But i'm telling you, if you wanna stay in the land of the living, you'd better just do what you can,

and beat it.

Just beat it.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#25 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 07:37 AM

hmmm... if Stairway To Heaven or Bat Out Of Hell is in the album I guess we will know if he was guilty or not with the child abuse claims.

#26 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 02:44 PM

Excuse the ignorance if so but was the first case in the 90's later to be found a fraud? Also didn't the dude that accused MJ in the 92 case kill himself?

#27 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 05 April 2014 - 08:52 PM

Excuse the ignorance if so but was the first case in the 90's later to be found a fraud? Also didn't the dude that accused MJ in the 92 case kill himself?

Yep. All the evidence points toward nothing happening from what I've heard.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#28 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 05 April 2014 - 09:12 PM

What's strange is that each accusation is 10 years apart. 1993, 2003, 2013, etc.

Definitely was planed to ruin his career, even in death.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#29 Etkar

Etkar

Blooper

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 02:16 AM

All the songs on this album (except for 1) has been leaked and is available on the Internet right now. Guess I'll just listen to the remixes then...

#30 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 08 April 2014 - 08:02 AM

All the songs on this album (except for 1) has been leaked and is available on the Internet right now. Guess I'll just listen to the remixes then...

Wow, that was fast... ._.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#31 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 08 April 2014 - 09:22 AM

I think the original Slave To The Rhytme is the best song on the album.

#32 Etkar

Etkar

Blooper

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 12:20 PM

Wow, that was fast... ._.

They have been leaked for years. Only the original ones though. The remixed ones that are on the album has not.

#33 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 08 April 2014 - 12:31 PM

They have been leaked for years. Only the original ones though. The remixed ones that are on the album has not.

oh ok that makes more sense. album still may be worth the buy for higher quality i guess

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#34 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • NNID:Lupaie
  • Fandom:
    Banjo, F-Zero, Gears, Bioshock and Zelda

Posted 08 April 2014 - 12:58 PM

This topic still going on...wasn't it an April first joke?

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left

#35 Etkar

Etkar

Blooper

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 06:09 AM

It was announced on March 31st. Of course it wasn't an April Fools joke.

#36 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 10 April 2014 - 05:58 PM

That would be a really stupid and insensitive april fools joke.

"you guys remember the most famous and loved popstar of all time who died not too long ago? let's do a joke saying we're gonna release compile and release songs that are already known to be in existence, and when everyone gets hype... Aprul Fooz sun!

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#37 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • NNID:Lupaie
  • Fandom:
    Banjo, F-Zero, Gears, Bioshock and Zelda

Posted 10 April 2014 - 09:56 PM

That would be a really stupid and insensitive april fools joke.

"you guys remember the most famous and loved popstar of all time who died not too long ago? let's do a joke saying we're gonna release compile and release songs that are already known to be in existence, and when everyone gets hype... Aprul Fooz sun!

hahaha, yeah..that would have been stupid...yet I'm laughing

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!