7 replies to this topic

#1 NayNay

NayNay

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 08:07 PM

Hey guys and girls,

looking through the eshop tagging games i plan to download and i see quite a few Kirby games.

I have seen top 25 and 50 lists and the feature prominently, but for some reason they never really took off here (aus) or if they did i missed it.

Anyone give me a few cliffs on what they are like / how worthy they are of downloading. i wonder if i missed out on a bigg'un here?

#2 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 08:21 PM

Krystal Shards for the N64 VC is my favorite, followed by Return to Dreamland the Epic Yarn. I haven't been too happy with the nes/snes/gameboy versions, and the Mirror one is too confusing.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#3 NayNay

NayNay

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 08:25 PM

so am i best to wait until the VC starts releasing N64 games? cheers for the reply

#4 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 08:45 PM

Just get the Kirby 20th on Wii. How I was introduced to kirby. Gives ya the GB games SNES and N64 then snag Yarn and Dream on Wii. Cheaper and easier than hunting some of the other older stuff.

Edit WTF? Return to Dreamland is 85$ now..what? I got it for like 15$ a couple years ago. Well that went up fast.

Sheesh still Kirby 20th on Wii is still like 30$ new

Edited by DreamCat, 16 April 2014 - 08:48 PM.

#5 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 09:14 PM

so am i best to wait until the VC starts releasing N64 games? cheers for the reply

Pretty much, but if you boot into Wii Mode it's in the Wii Shop. I think it's 1000 points or appx. $10USD, you can purchase points through the shop. if you'd prefer to wait indefinitely for it to come to the Wii U eShop you can, but when it finally comes it's heavily discounted if you already have it through the Wii VC.

Just get the Kirby 20th on Wii. How I was introduced to kirby. Gives ya the GB games SNES and N64 then snag Yarn and Dream on Wii. Cheaper and easier than hunting some of the other older stuff.

Edit WTF? Return to Dreamland is 85$ now..what? I got it for like 15$ a couple years ago. Well that went up fast.

Sheesh still Kirby 20th on Wii is still like 30$ new

Yeah Return to Dreamland is a bit hard to find which is why it's so expensive. Generally it's a lot like Crystal Shards except you can't combine items and the bosses are significantly harder. I tried and failed three times on the final boss so far.

Edited by grahamf, 16 April 2014 - 09:15 PM.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#6 NayNay

NayNay

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 01:44 AM

ahhhh, so i can buy stuff from the Wii shop on my Wii U? thats great. i thought it was only really for games u had already bought and transferred, or for wii discs.

thats very promising.

#7 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 17 April 2014 - 04:17 AM

ahhhh, so i can buy stuff from the Wii shop on my Wii U? thats great. i thought it was only really for games u had already bought and transferred, or for wii discs.

thats very promising.

You'll have to do it through the Wii mode, though.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#8 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 17 April 2014 - 04:50 AM

thats very promising.

Nope, when you go into Wii Mode (or the Wii Emulator). Your Wii U turns into a Wii and it does ANYTHING and EVERYTHING a Wii could do. Which includes going to the shop channel and buying all of the Wii Eshop games

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!