YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 29 April 2014 - 05:48 PM

How is it? I'm thinking of getting it.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 29 April 2014 - 06:16 PM

I have talked to people that have played it an unanimously its being hailed as AMAZING. I just can not play that back and for you hit me I hit you type of game. its not for me

#3 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 06:26 PM

I have talked to people that have played it an unanimously its being hailed as AMAZING. I just can not play that back and for you hit me I hit you type of game. its not for me

turn based? Thats what youre saying right.?

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#4 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 06:45 PM

Puh turned based. More than that it's exactly Grandia's system which is fantastic,requires more strtegy. The game is great been playing it today. looks great music is great. Plays great. Real gem so far.

#5 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 29 April 2014 - 06:46 PM

turn based? Thats what youre saying right.?

I guess I am not familiar wih  rpg games and the difference between them. All I know is I will be buying X, open world, free roaming, and attack how you want.  guess if it is turned based it is not for me. I have tried many and give up within minutes I can not play them seem boaring and I can not get into them.

#6 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 07:01 PM

X will be pretty much Xenoblades system and far more involved than standard turn based. Might want to try more straight Action RPG's. Ys,Nier,any Vanillaware title,Gravity Rush,Dungeons and Dragons Mystera,heck Darksiders II has lot of RPG elements but like the others I mentioned straight action.

#7 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 07:03 PM

I guess I am not familiar wih  rpg games and the difference between them. All I know is I will be buying X, open world, free roaming, and attack how you want.  guess if it is turned based it is not for me. I have tried many and give up within minutes I can not play them seem boaring and I can not get into them.

I think you were talking about turn based. Uh, old final fantasy or bravely default style? Yeah, for a lot of people, those combat systems werent the main draw of the game... But rather the world design and town exploring etc.

Though from what ive seen child of light looks to use a more grandia active time battle-esque system.

Although, more importantly, in order to not be unnecessarily dissapointed by X, you should be prepared for how its going to play. Its Definately not 'attack how you want', its not exactly turn based either, but its combat system isnt real time.

normal attacks will be performed automatically if the enemy is in your attack range, and how often you attack is determined by your agility stat.

Special moves will be performed by selecting them from a hot bar menu on the bottom of the screen, and then the move is unavailable for a cool down period (determined by the level of the move).

Although you can move in real time.

It will be exactly like Xenoblades combat.

These kinds of systems are more intruiging than turn based... But even so, it will still be quite a shock if you go in expecting real time combat.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#8 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 07:06 PM

Yeah CoL is just that but on a 2D plane

#9 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 29 April 2014 - 07:06 PM

I'm waiting till I can get it on PS4. I'd buy it on PS3, but Sony of America decided "lolno" to cross-buy for the game.

Meanwhile, Japan and Europe has cross buy for it, so go figure. <_<

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#10 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 29 April 2014 - 07:13 PM

I think you were talking about turn based. Uh, old final fantasy or bravely default style? Yeah, for a lot of people, those combat systems werent the main draw of the game... But rather the world design and town exploring etc.

Though from what ive seen child of light looks to use a more grandia active time battle-esque system.

Although, more importantly, in order to not be unnecessarily dissapointed by X, you should be prepared for how its going to play. Its Definately not 'attack how you want', its not exactly turn based either, but its combat system isnt real time.

normal attacks will be performed automatically if the enemy is in your attack range, and how often you attack is determined by your agility stat.

Special moves will be performed by selecting them from a hot bar menu on the bottom of the screen, and then the move is unavailable for a cool down period (determined by the level of the move).

Although you can move in real time.

It will be exactly like Xenoblades combat.

These kinds of systems are more intruiging than turn based... But even so, it will still be quite a shock if you go in expecting real time combat.

Well I have tried the turned based MANY times and just can not get with it. So I am willing to try X and put my all into it and make it work. If all else fails at least I have a big open world to roam fly my mech, and drive across.

Edited by GAMER1984, 29 April 2014 - 07:13 PM.

#11 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 29 April 2014 - 07:41 PM

Stop derailing this into an X-orgasm thread. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#12 Mushlikeahusky1

Mushlikeahusky1

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 600 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi and luigis mansion.

Posted 29 April 2014 - 07:48 PM

Preordered it on PS4 so i could play it at midnight last night. Its pretty awesome so far, and beautiful you could tell that their heart was in it. Its not revolutionary or anything but its good and great bang for the buck.

#13 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 29 April 2014 - 08:12 PM

#14 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • NNID:AwewomeMii
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 30 April 2014 - 04:36 AM

Due to lack of money, I'll be getting it next week. Everything I've heard about the game is that every second is pure awesome. I am so stinking excited to play it.

Some people always have a cellphone on them. I'm so awesome I always have a 3DS.
Signature_Portal1.png
Check out my blog! Portal's Portal

#15 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 01:49 AM

I want this game but won't buy another Ubisoft game while they're pushing that Uplay rubbish. Drop Uplay Ubisoft and i'll buy your games again.

#16 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 03:56 AM

I'm waiting till I can get it on PS4. I'd buy it on PS3, but Sony of America decided "lolno" to cross-buy for the game.

Meanwhile, Japan and Europe has cross buy for it, so go figure. <_<

That's very strange. I've not known any cross buy deals being region specific before. I got the retail special edition here in the UK which includes digital codes for both PS3 and PS4 as well as some other goodies.

Edited by Gamejunkie, 01 May 2014 - 03:57 AM.

#17 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 08:03 AM

All right, downloaded last night and am seriously enjoying it. Honestly, I really hope the Zelda team identifies with the design qualities of this game, as it pulls off old school zelda exploration extremely well.

For anyone wondering whether this game would appeal to them, Ill give a quick rundown.

The game is designed like a straight up adventure as far as world design, traversal, and progression are concerned. It has some slight metroidvania to its design, at least so far as ive gotten, my moveset and abilities dictate where i can explore. Beyond that, there is no handholding, there is no spoiling guiding rail system, no cheap barriers to keep me on a set path, the game gives me a general idea of what to look for, AND I GO FIND IT MYSELF, along with anything else i wish to discover on the way, power ups, dungeons, party members... Feels great.

World traversing gameplay mechanics are that of a standard a standard adventure game, you control your character with the dpad or stick, to navigate the environment, jump to platform, or avoid enemies, and use your expanding moveset to traverse in new ways, and solve puzzles.

Combat happens when you touch an enemy, if an enemy is in an attack animation, you get 'ambushed', and the enemy goes first, if you hit an enemy from behind you 'ambush' them and get a surprise round.

The combat is servicable, not particularly iteresting visually and attack animation wise, but designed well enough to be mentally stimulating, keeps you thinking strategy, as mentioned before its highly reminescent of grandia. To go more in depth, all characters, enemy and ally alike, share a time bar on the bottom of the screen, each character represented by an icon. The icon travels left to right at a speed determined by character stats, until it reaches the 'act' portion of the bar, at which point the character decides what move to do. After the action is selected, the character 'prepares' to perform the move as their icon travels down the remaining portion of the 'time bar' till it reaches the end and the move is performed. During this period of time, labeled 'casting' time by the game, any attack the character recieves will 'interrupt them, and force them to abandon performing the chosen move (both player characters and enemies). There are a myriad of options to alter how fast certain characters icons travel the time bar, move, stat, and real time as well, from speeding up allies to hindering enemies, and controlling the 'rythm' of the time bar is the core of combat strategy.

Its interesting enough to not make fights a total bore to me, but far from the main appeal of the game, which, for me, is definately the world traversal and exploration design.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#18 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 09:46 AM

Guess you never played Grandia then. Go now do it. Just the first two games and only play II on DC. PS2 port is crap.

#19 DanJiblets

DanJiblets

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 357 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Halo

Posted 02 May 2014 - 07:49 AM

I'm not too into turn based systems either, but this game looks too good!

#20 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 02 May 2014 - 06:05 PM

I bought the deluxe edition but I haven't played it yet. I've been focused on capitalising on the free period for Realm Reborn to play much else.

Poster is pretty swaggy, the light up keychain too.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!