YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 02 May 2014 - 07:31 AM

http://www.gamespot....g/1100-6419367/

Turtle Rock, creator of the Left 4 Dead franchise and the upcoming Xbox One/PS4/PC game Evolve, has fired its community manager after he tweeted about embattled Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling, calling him a "victim."

Josh Olin, who formerly worked at League of Legends developer Riot Games and Call of Duty company Treyarch, tweeted the following message last night.

http://static.gamesp...80-josholin.jpg

This afternoon, Turtle Rock apologized for Olin's tweets, saying they don't represent the company's values and calling Olin a "former" community manager for the studio.

"The comments made by our former community manager stand in stark contrast to our values as a game development studio," Turtle Rock said on Twitter. "We sincerely apologize for his remarks and in no way endorse or support those views."

For his part, Olin responded with a statement of his own.

"Anyone who follows me knows my tweets were not in support of Sterling's actions. Rather, they were promoting three core tenets I believe in: 1) The harm sensational media presents to society. 2) The importance and sanctity of your privacy within your own home. And 3) The right to be whatever you want to be as an American, as long as it isn't hurting anyone else. That last point not to be confused with condoning Sterling's actions, which I don't," Olin told Kotaku.

"That said, it's disappointing to see that a select few in Turtle Rock and 2K Games management bought into this hysteria without even having a conversation with me--or even thoroughly reviewing the context of the tweets themselves," he added. "Ironically, it serves as a great example of why I hold tenet #1 above so close to heart. That said, everyone should totally still buy Evolve. The guys and gals making that game know their ***, and are making it good."

Good for him, defending racist scum. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 SteventheSlayer

SteventheSlayer

Blooper

• Members
  • 199 posts
  • Fandom:
    Old-School Nintendo Fan

Posted 02 May 2014 - 10:05 AM

Nothing bad happened here. He had the right to say his opinion, and they had the right to fire him.

I don't even...

#3 Mesan3

Mesan3

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 78 posts
  • NNID:mesan3
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Dragon ball, trombone

Posted 02 May 2014 - 12:58 PM

I gotta say, I agree with him. It was a private conversation, it's his right to say whatever he wants.

#4 KingBoo

KingBoo

Walka

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • NNID:Kingofboos
  • Fandom:
    Mentos, bunnies, and anything Nintendo.

Posted 02 May 2014 - 03:07 PM

I gotta say, I agree with him. It was a private conversation, it's his right to say whatever he wants.

exactly. and getting fired over? wow......

Edited by KingBoo, 02 May 2014 - 03:08 PM.

bb0.gif

#5 Mesan3

Mesan3

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 78 posts
  • NNID:mesan3
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Dragon ball, trombone

Posted 02 May 2014 - 04:05 PM

exactly. and getting fired over? wow......

Not the guy on twitter. When you make a public comment you suffer the public consequence.

#6 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 02 May 2014 - 04:22 PM

A lot of the twitter people for these companies are unprofessional.
It's hard to believe they don't realise what they say on twitter reflects on the company they work for.

Having said that, nothing wrong with a racist being a racist.
I don't get what the guy did to get fined and banned from games, maybe it's similar to this guy?
A big company afraid of the negative publicity he brought them.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#7 iEatTacos

iEatTacos

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 724 posts
  • NNID:iEatTacos
  • Fandom:
    Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Legend Of Zelda

Posted 02 May 2014 - 05:18 PM

When you're affilated with a company professionally, you have to act like it. He should of know better. now he knows

Edited by iEatTacos, 02 May 2014 - 05:18 PM.

#8 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 03 May 2014 - 12:44 AM

It was a private conversation, yes, but once it became public knowledge that the Sterling has these views, it became the NBA's responsibility to do something about it. They can't pretend just these things weren't said just because they were said in private.

Edited by WydrA, 03 May 2014 - 12:45 AM.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#9 KingBoo

KingBoo

Walka

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 03 May 2014 - 08:50 AM

i find it hilarious how the world is in a huge uproar over a old fat guy saying he doesn't like blacks. really people. does it really affect your life if he doesn't like them? no matter how much ESPN and the media are trying to convince you that it does, it does not affect you. if he hurt people then its a different story, but he didn't. i don't like the color red. OH rainbow! DID I JUST OFFEND THE PEOPLE WHO LIKE RED? can i be on the news now?  

time to sit back for the next huge racism story in 5...4....3.....2......

bb0.gif

#10 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 09:11 AM

i find it hilarious how the world is in a huge uproar over a old fat guy saying he doesn't like blacks. really people. does it really affect your life if he doesn't like them? no matter how much ESPN and the media are trying to convince you that it does, it does not affect you. if he hurt people then its a different story, but he didn't. i don't like the color red. OH rainbow! DID I JUST OFFEND THE PEOPLE WHO LIKE RED? can i be on the news now?  

time to sit back for the next huge racism story in 5...4....3.....2......

It was affecting the way the team was run and players have had complaints. Bigotry should have no place in this world. Bigotry affects all. If one cannot see that they are truly blind by ignorance.

#11 KingBoo

KingBoo

Walka

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 03 May 2014 - 11:25 AM

It was affecting the way the team was run and players have had complaints. Bigotry should have no place in this world. Bigotry affects all. If one cannot see that they are truly blind by ignorance.

i was going to put the only people it affects are the people who work for him and the players. but if they can't stand him and think he is a racist, they can cash in their uniform and quit. 

bb0.gif

#12 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 11:55 AM

SteventheSlayer, on 02 May 2014 - 2:20 PM, said:
Nothing bad happened here. He had the right to say his opinion, and they had the right to fire him.

I dont think you understand what a community manager is.

That twitter is not his personal twitter, with his personal opinion. He is representing that company, to that community.

No, he did NOT have the right to state HIS personal opinion on THAT TWITTER ACCOUNT, because its REPRESENTATIONAL of the entire company.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#13 SteventheSlayer

SteventheSlayer

Blooper

• Members
  • 199 posts
  • Fandom:
    Old-School Nintendo Fan

Posted 03 May 2014 - 12:10 PM

That twitter is not his personal twitter, with his personal opinion. He is representing that company, to that community.

No, he did NOT have the right to state HIS personal opinion on THAT TWITTER ACCOUNT, because its REPRESENTATIONAL of the entire company.

Ah, I missed that. I thought it was his own account.

I don't even...

#14 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 03 May 2014 - 12:55 PM

The tweet looks to be on his personal account.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#15 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 01:12 PM

The tweet looks to be on his personal account.

It is NOW. The original tweet and account at the time was associated with the turtle rock handle he used as community manager and was immediately frowned upon as soon as the company was made aware of it.

He continued it now as his own account as his own personal opinion. Which he has every right to do.

But man, stay away from that stuff with a company account that should ONLY be about stuff pertaining to the company.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#16 MatrixChicken

MatrixChicken

Knock knock, Scootaloo...

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • NNID:MatrixChicken
  • Fandom:
    MLP:FiM, Mario, Star Wars... And more...

Posted 03 May 2014 - 01:17 PM

Forgive my ignorance, but what exactly did Sterling say? I'm curious as to what could be so offensive that he can't go to a basketball game anymore...

splatoonmcsig2_zps010eb482.png

Deviantart: MatrixChicken | Youtube: ThunderFilmStudios | Twitter: @JohnAlBerge

Twitch.tv: ThunderFilms | Soundcloud: ScootriX

#17 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 03 May 2014 - 02:12 PM

It is NOW. The original tweet and account at the time was associated with the turtle rock handle he used as community manager and was immediately frowned upon as soon as the company was made aware of it.

He continued it now as his own account as his own personal opinion. Which he has every right to do.

But man, stay away from that stuff with a company account that should ONLY be about stuff pertaining to the company.

Ah, I see.

I still think action should have been taken either way.

Forgive my ignorance, but what exactly did Sterling say? I'm curious as to what could be so offensive that he can't go to a basketball game anymore...

He asked his girlfriend not to bring black people to his basketball games. She recorded it and released it to the press.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#18 SteventheSlayer

SteventheSlayer

Blooper

• Members
  • 199 posts
  • Fandom:
    Old-School Nintendo Fan

Posted 03 May 2014 - 02:26 PM

He asked his girlfriend not to bring black people to his basketball games. She recorded it and released it to the press.

Some girlfriend.

I don't even...

#19 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 03 May 2014 - 04:48 PM

Some girlfriend.

My assumption is he had brought it up before, so she decided to break up with him, but thought to let the public knew his views before she did so.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#20 MatrixChicken

MatrixChicken

Knock knock, Scootaloo...

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • NNID:MatrixChicken
  • Fandom:
    MLP:FiM, Mario, Star Wars... And more...

Posted 03 May 2014 - 06:23 PM

Ah, okay. But no specific reason, just because they're black.

splatoonmcsig2_zps010eb482.png

Deviantart: MatrixChicken | Youtube: ThunderFilmStudios | Twitter: @JohnAlBerge

Twitch.tv: ThunderFilms | Soundcloud: ScootriX

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!