Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 09 May 2014 - 01:40 PM

What?
The market Nintendo are in is video games.

Iwata recently said Nintendo is an entertainment company and they're going to start going down that route, starting with QoL. So if you missed what he said then I can see why you would be confused, but he's been talking about doing something which can benefit people, something "Healthy"  using blue ocean method. Something Non-Video game related. 

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#22 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 09 May 2014 - 01:50 PM

Iwata recently said Nintendo is an entertainment company and they're going to start going down that route, starting with QoL. So if you missed what he said then I can see why you would be confused, but he's been talking about doing something which can benefit people, something "Healthy"  using blue ocean method. Something Non-Video game related.

Yeah, that's the point I've been making to you across several threads.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#23 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 06:25 AM

I don't get why there's an exclamation mark in the title of this thread, probably just a Wii U Mini or something XD

They specifically said they are starting from scratch. So no.

It will just be a downgraded wii u.

Like the 2ds version of the wii u.

The same emerging markets that have access to cheap tablets?

Nintendo is really scraping here.

I think iwatas problem is that he doesn't have bold vision.

He wants big reward for little risk. Like the wii situation.

But that's a rare lightning strike. And it's obviously not striking twice.

This kind of crap is what is going to hurt Nintendo.

I'd love to see them grab the bull by the proverbial horns and throw it to the ground.

But nope... They hide in a corner and throw pebbles.

The wii u started with a somewhat bold vision. But even internally, they seem to have lost enthusiasm.

I am afraid it appears Nintendo is in for another couple years of hurt coming up. Iwata just seriously doesn't get it.

Seriously sad right now.

Again, Iwata specifically said they are starting from scratch. And this is little risk to you? If it's so little risk why doesn't MS or Sony go after these markets?
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#24 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 10 May 2014 - 06:55 AM

Iwata was quoted as saying "It will be as powerful as the ps4 but the difference is the games we create for it will actually be good" 

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#25 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 12:44 PM

They specifically said they are starting from scratch. So no.

Again, Iwata specifically said they are starting from scratch. And this is little risk to you? If it's so little risk why doesn't MS or Sony go after these markets?

Again. Old news. But post left as is for "posterity."

Others beat you to the response. But thanks anyway.

Rare knee jerk.

And yes. Little risk.

As to why Sony and ms not doing so... Prob feel confident in whatever plans they have.

Iwata is feeling serious heat. That can lead to desperate moves. Just sayin'

As it is, I'll take iwatas words with a grain of salt.

But a large r&d investment is encouraging.

Just wish they would have allocated that to the main thing.

Edited by Socalmuscle, 11 May 2014 - 12:52 PM.

#26 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 12 May 2014 - 07:59 AM

My opinion it'll be some crazy single screened mini-tablet that reads your temperature, oxygen levels, and pulse by just you picking it up or it being next to your leg. It will contain brain training exercises and cute little street pass games which you pay with coins when you go jogging. You can input all your information including your love life and health ailments - it'll warn you if you're blood pressure is high or if you are about to have a heart attack and when you streetpass with someone who you are attracted to (in profile) it will allow you to send a message and maybe hook up with them. You will also be able to schedule your entire lifestyle with the help of exercise and dietary suggestions daily and hourly

Edited by Penguin101, 12 May 2014 - 08:00 AM.

#27 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 08:25 AM

I'm going to just accept that it's Nintendo so it'll be something we would never had guessed yet is still pretty awesome.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!