YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 16 May 2014 - 12:29 PM

Malicious.

Hideki Kamiya has been working exclusively on the Wii U for a while, and apparently he hasn’t been very much in touch with the news about the PS4. Today he finally discovered that Sony’s new console isn't backwards compatible, and didn’t really take it well.         

source:ng4.com

damn that's rough.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 12:32 PM

It is bullsnot tho. Even tho you pay like 1$ WiiU lets you do it. Sony on the other half has cross play right and where Nintendo can learn.

Improvment can be made on both sides. XBL still a dated format in many ways but thet seem to be doing some improvments.

#3 AdmiralClassy

AdmiralClassy

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 807 posts
  • NNID:AdmiralClassy
  • Fandom:
    Dragon ball Z, Nintendo, One Piece

Posted 16 May 2014 - 12:54 PM

what did he say?

Shing Shong For Smash 4!

Honk For Ponk!

NNid AdmiralClassy
Psn AdmiralClassy

Steam AdmiralClassy

#4 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 16 May 2014 - 01:31 PM

backwards play isnt all that.

Sony drop it because it let them make a better system without keeping the hardware for older system.

So it lets there new system live and breath.

Now if you already have the first system then it makes no sense for the new one to have it IMO.

I got a wii u and didnt sell my wii. Also have done this with all my systems.

I only sell the old one if i know 100% i wont go back to it again.

youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#5 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 16 May 2014 - 03:19 PM

I think that depends on how many games you have for previous gen and how attached you are to them.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#6 MatrixChicken

MatrixChicken

Knock knock, Scootaloo...

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • NNID:MatrixChicken
  • Fandom:
    MLP:FiM, Mario, Star Wars... And more...

Posted 16 May 2014 - 03:49 PM

Oh yes it is. I seriously just did this. https://vine.co/v/MXUxhedugOz

splatoonmcsig2_zps010eb482.png

Deviantart: MatrixChicken | Youtube: ThunderFilmStudios | Twitter: @JohnAlBerge

Twitch.tv: ThunderFilms | Soundcloud: ScootriX

#7 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 03:53 PM

Photoshopped I can tell because no ikea.

#8 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 16 May 2014 - 03:55 PM

:D

This is exactly what nintendo was going for with Wii U. Glad to see it accomplished

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#9 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 04:58 PM

Did that with goldeneye before, not the gamepad, a TV that was literately that small.  Every huddled closer too.

#10 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 16 May 2014 - 06:04 PM

http://www.dualshock...s-it-malicious/

Here Zinix, honey.

The PS4, does it play downloaded games transferred from the PS3?
Eh? You can’t?
Hey Hey… The hardware in the fool’s room only keeps increasing…
Why did you do something so malicious Sony-paisen…
-----["paisen" is a flipped version of "senpai," which means "senior," and is often used by youngsters to mock their seniors]
Does it have the arcade classics or did the PS4 just launch like this?
So those that bought a PS4 did they also keep their PS3?

Those are his tweets.
And rightly so.

I think it's hilarious as dicks on a turkey sandwich how much those ogre sony fangirls wah wah that Wii U and Nintendo don't have a "proper account system", when the PS4 completely abandoned their accounts, exactly like the X1 did.

Edited by Nollog, 16 May 2014 - 06:06 PM.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#11 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 07:18 PM

I think that depends on how many games you have for previous gen and how attached you are to them.

I am attached to them. That's why I keep the system.
I still have a ps2 ps3, wii, wii u, I sold my ps4 when I got a vita because I didn't play much on it.
Got a 3ds but would of keep the normal do if the 3ds didn't have backwards play.

Hell I even got a GameCube laying around somewhere and my girl brought a game boy last month to play pokemon silver lol.

So I really don't see the point in backwards play wwhen you can just keep that system
xile06 "N" ID

#12 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 17 May 2014 - 07:54 AM

I am attached to them. That's why I keep the system.
I still have a ps2 ps3, wii, wii u, I sold my ps4 when I got a vita because I didn't play much on it.
Got a 3ds but would of keep the normal do if the 3ds didn't have backwards play.

Hell I even got a GameCube laying around somewhere and my girl brought a game boy last month to play pokemon silver lol.

So I really don't see the point in backwards play wwhen you can just keep that system

some people want to have all their games playable on one system. lack of tvs, cables etc.you know?

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#13 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 10:53 AM

some people want to have all their games playable on one system. lack of tvs, cables etc.you know?

just makes no sense tho.

Thats like wanting a ps 10 or xbox 20 to still play the first gen games.

Also controllers change from system upgrades.

I see backwards plays as a hold back for the new system. but i guess thats just me.

If blu ray players didnt read dvds i would still keep a dvd player around.

xile06 "N" ID

#14 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 17 May 2014 - 11:51 AM

just makes no sense tho.

Thats like wanting a ps 10 or xbox 20 to still play the first gen games.

Also controllers change from system upgrades.

I see backwards plays as a hold back for the new system. but i guess thats just me.

If blu ray players didnt read dvds i would still keep a dvd player around.

well i think there a difference between games from one gen ago vs. ten

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#15 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 12:22 PM

well i think there a difference between games from one gen ago vs. ten

either way your left with keeping  a system that is 2 yrs old.

you have a gamecube, wii and wii u.

The wii can play gc games but the wii u can only play wii games.

So with that said your still need a gamecube or a wii to play gamecube games.

So with your saying is if i sold my gamecube to get the wii, then i wouldnt be able to sell the wii to get the wii u because it doesnt play gamecube also.

Same thing with the ps and xbox.

xile06 "N" ID

#16 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 17 May 2014 - 02:28 PM

either way your left with keeping  a system that is 2 yrs old.

you have a gamecube, wii and wii u.

The wii can play gc games but the wii u can only play wii games.

So with that said your still need a gamecube or a wii to play gamecube games.

So with your saying is if i sold my gamecube to get the wii, then i wouldnt be able to sell the wii to get the wii u because it doesnt play gamecube also.

Same thing with the ps and xbox.

Yeah I know, and no one expect it for two generations back, because by that time you're looking at hugely different material that's about a decade old, where as games from last gen could be just months old.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#17 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 02:55 PM

Even as far back Atari 5200 people had an issue with no BC. Genesis did allow it with the SMS converter. SNES almost did but was a budget choice as Genesis was 150$ and if SNES did instead of being 170$ be 240$ and that's in 1991 money which today be closer to XBO's price. PS2 and at first PS3 did it and people were happier for it. 360 had to use emulation. Wii was and WiiU has a Wii on a chip. PS3 dropped it to make more money on PSN. PS3 was 27$ for PS2 on a chip at launch but could have quickly come down. 360 could have maybe done it but I keep hearing because it went from Nvidia to AMD be harder. Not sure if true. PS4 and XBO probably could have done it on a chip as well.  If Nintendo can do it then they can. PS4 is doing the PS Now so there is the money grubbing reason not to there. For XBO it's because it's MS.

I collect so I keep it all regardless. However some people do not like things taking up space as it's finite and hate seeing all that investment go away. Not everyone is into the throwaway society. Parents esp.  1 Generation back is all anyone asks. It was great Sony did it for PS1 so long but no one should be asking for multiple gens back. Just 1. For me personally region locking is more an issue for me. Sony does this right with no regionlocking. Nintendo did it with DS and loved it.  Nintendo should make WiiU region free and 3DS. Region locking is why I had to resort to Homebew on Wii to import Japan only games and support OR. PS3 is a dream console for last gen for me. I am playing US games and importing at will to play Japanese games and DS was the same way.

WiiU for Region free. 3DS as well.

#18 lucario23

lucario23

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 06:51 PM

By the time a console is 2 generations old it's games should be ready to be put on an emulator and resold digitally.

If a next gen console isn't powerful enough to run an emulator for all games from the previous generation then it shouldn't be called a next generation console.

Those are my two rules to for console hardware.

#19 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 08:39 PM

By the time a console is 2 generations old it's games should be ready to be put on an emulator and resold digitally.

If a next gen console isn't powerful enough to run an emulator for all games from the previous generation then it shouldn't be called a next generation console.

Those are my two rules to for console hardware.

I have a hard time figuring out where to start on my counterargument, so I'm going to just cut to the chase by calling you a derogatory term for a person with inferior mental capacity while strongly advising you to obtain more information on the capabilities and limitations of emulators.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#20 lucario23

lucario23

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 05:50 AM

I have a hard time figuring out where to start on my counterargument, so I'm going to just cut to the chase by calling you a derogatory term for a person with inferior mental capacity while strongly advising you to obtain more information on the capabilities and limitations of emulators.

How about the Wii? It was emulating N64. It was playing GameCube games. Granted GCN isn't emulated, so I guess I should say be able to play last gen games though not necessarily emulated.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!