• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 04:41 PM

Nintendo will hold two developer discussions at E3 2014: one to discuss Super Smash Bros and the other to discuss a new game for Nintendo 3DS.

The first event will take place June 10 from 10-11:30 p.m. ET. Game director Masahiro Sakurai will discuss Super Smash Bros., which is headed to Nintendo 3DS this summer and Wii U later this year. The second conference will be held June 11 from 9-10:30 p.m. ET. Both invitation-only events will be held at the Los Angeles Convention Center.

Nintendo has a history of hosting these evening developer discussions, which typically aren't broadcast online and go into more detail about the games Nintendo showcases and reveals at E3. A 2012 event from Wii U hardware producer Katsuya Eguchi discussed the then-upcoming hardware. Previous developer discussions have featured question and answer sessions from Shigeru Miyamoto and even revealed new games like The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword and Pikmin 3.

Late last month, president and chief operating officer of Nintendo of America Reggie Fils-Aime announced that the company would forgo a traditional E3 press conference for the second year in a row. It will host a Super Smash Bros. tournament and broadcast a Nintendo Digital Event on Tuesday, June 10 at noon ET.

E3 2014 will take place June 10-12, and Polygon will be there to bring you all the news. You can learn more about Nintendo's most recent game, Mario Kart 8, in Polygon's review and the Overview video below.

#2 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 16 May 2014 - 05:06 PM

I am calling either F-Zero 3d or Metroid 3d

#3 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 16 May 2014 - 06:10 PM

probably metroid yeah.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#4 Chaotix

Chaotix

Team Nerd

• Section Mods
  • 728 posts
  • NNID:Chaot1x
  • Fandom:

Posted 16 May 2014 - 09:53 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if it's starfox.

eEG8Ies.png

#5 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 16 May 2014 - 11:42 PM

The fact that they don't do this for a WiiU game makes me fear that there's no Zelda U this year or at least that it's not nearly ready to release soon.

People speculate it's MM3D, but I doubt it. I hope it's Metroid, but that's not exactly a big selling franchise lately.
No sig.

#6 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 11:45 PM

The fact that they don't do this for a WiiU game makes me fear that there's no Zelda U this year or at least that it's not nearly ready to release soon.

People speculate it's MM3D, but I doubt it. I hope it's Metroid, but that's not exactly a big selling franchise lately.

Pretty sure Hyrule Warriors is the only WiiU Zelda this year but I think they confirmed they would show Zelda U off at the very least. I mean they almost did last year.

When asked by Mashable when we might hear more about Wii U’s original Zelda debut, Aonuma simply said, “I'll say more at E3 2014.”

http://www.ign.com/a...ming-at-e3-2014

#7 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 17 May 2014 - 12:00 AM

Pretty sure Hyrule Warriors is the only WiiU Zelda this year but I think they confirmed they would show Zelda U off at the very least. I mean they almost did last year.

http://www.ign.com/a...ming-at-e3-2014

They will say more... yeah, they said something about "Zelda Wii" in 2009 after showing concept art with Miyamoto noting Link doesn't have a sword. That's saying someting. I'm growing more and more anxious to not see a true reveal this year, like E3 2004 and 2010 but instead we'll only get a few tidbits in random interviews or a small, very small teaser/confirmation that something's coming.

I just don't want to be dissapointed, but I want to be hyped as well :/

No sig.

#8 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 12:22 AM

Outside of 2 years in the past decade. E3 always sucks to me so I don't get hyped much anymore. Just hopeful it isn't crud like every year and I mean all of E3.

Only good years to me have been 1999,2004,2010

#9 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 17 May 2014 - 03:40 AM

Outside of 2 years in the past decade. E3 always sucks to me so I don't get hyped much anymore. Just hopeful it isn't crud like every year and I mean all of E3.

Only good years to me have been 1999,2004,2010

That means you  only liked handheld reveals? :P

No sig.

#10 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 17 May 2014 - 05:21 AM

It`s a 3D Land sequel!

#11 Azure-Edge

Azure-Edge

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • NNID:Azure-X

Posted 17 May 2014 - 06:54 AM

What were you expecting? For them to reveal this year and release in the spring? Not likely. That being said, just because they're not doing this for zelda doesn't mean much considering the other event is for Smash. Whatever this game is, it must be one Nintendo is confident in and have tons to talk about. Makes me think Pokémon related or some new ip, or at the very least something that's changing things up.

pNgecl.gif

#12 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 12:01 PM

That means you  only liked handheld reveals? :P

Nope. Dreamcast in 1999. 2004 had DS but also Zelda. 2010 was all about the games. One pipe bomb after another of games. MS and SOny always have dull E3 to me. another overhyped western pile of sludge or a POS SE game.

#13 TheDoctor_13

TheDoctor_13

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • Fandom:
    Doctor Who

Posted 17 May 2014 - 03:43 PM

Not doing this for a Wii u game? Smash bros, pikmin 3, more.

Of course there's no Zelda U this year, what on earth made you think that. Summer 2015-Spring 2016 has always been its time frame. Unless Nintendo surprises us.

Stupid Snowmads!

#14 iEatTacos

iEatTacos

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 724 posts
  • NNID:iEatTacos
  • Fandom:
    Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Legend Of Zelda

Posted 17 May 2014 - 05:14 PM

Damn, 90 minutes for a single game. This is gonna rule

#15 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 11:35 PM

I forgot all about this but thinking this might be it

http://nintendoevery...-japan-as-well/

#16 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 25 May 2014 - 11:56 PM

Of course there's no Zelda U this year, what on earth made you think that. Summer 2015-Spring 2016 has always been its time frame. Unless Nintendo surprises us.

Since when? Do you have a source for this time frame?

#17 TheDoctor_13

TheDoctor_13

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • Fandom:
    Doctor Who

Posted 26 May 2014 - 01:00 AM

Since when? Do you have a source for this time frame?

Elementary my dear Watson. Just a guess really. It was planned for a E3 2013 reveal or slightly earlier, so that would mean it would be released withing two years. With WindWaker HD and Link between words in 2013, Hyrule Warriors in 2014, it would make sense for a 2015 release, especially since the reveal was delayed which defiantly pushed me to think a 2015 release, and Zelda games like most big games, a released later on in the year.

Stupid Snowmads!

#18 Gimbal

Gimbal

Abscond

• Members
  • 475 posts
  • NNID:Savoir
  • Fandom:
    School Rumble

Posted 26 May 2014 - 07:08 AM

It's probably Kranky Kong.

"So if Zero Suit Samus is fanbait for guys, where is the fanbait for girls? Why isn’t Captain Falcon wearing a thong or sporting a chest twice the size of his last model? Why doesn’t Mario have an absurd crotch buldge holding in his 10 inch slice of manhood? Why doesn’t Yoshi look like a Fist of the North Starcharacter.

That, my friends, is why the design is sexist."~Angelo M. D'Argenio-4/17/2014

"Yes, because owning only 1 game in this series makes you qualified to have an opinion on it"~PyroKinesis-5/7/2014

"He is a game dev, critic, games media writer, and candidate for a phd by the way. So, LMFAO."~3Dude 9/4/2014

#19 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 07:45 AM

I got ignored but I do think it's that new game S.T.E.A.M. new IP and maybe Miyamoto's new game. They already said new IP so....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!