Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 17 May 2014 - 01:01 PM

One huge caveat/punishment Ubisoft implemented is when you do turn off the Online Option, all your skills accumulated are reset to zero. You read that right. They all get reset to zero. All the online-specific skills reset to zero as punishment for not wanting to play online, something which is entirely disappointing. Either you keep getting invaded, or you get punished for wanting to play sometimes and not other times with the online mode.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 Byakuya Togami

Byakuya Togami

Hallowed Be Thy Name

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 01:05 PM

I wonder if Ubisoft paid IGN enough money for a 9/10.... I suppose we'll have to wait and see.

I had no interest in this game anyway.

#3 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 01:09 PM

I wonder if Ubisoft paid IGN enough money for a 9/10.... I suppose we'll have to wait and see.

That's pretty common tho. Many publishers pay them for ads or give strong wording. Some ven send instruction manuals how to review it. It's why Pro website reviews are often full of BS giving so many hyped broken pieces of trash massive scores.

#4 Byakuya Togami

Byakuya Togami

Hallowed Be Thy Name

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 01:13 PM

That's pretty common tho. Many publishers pay them for ads or give strong wording. Some ven send instruction manuals how to review it. It's why Pro website reviews are often full of BS giving so many hyped broken pieces of trash massive scores.

There's been far too much backpedaling with this game. It kind of reminds me of Spore.

#5 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 02:27 PM

And to think, I was ridiculed on here for saying the game looks poor.

I can smell a pile of crap a mile off.

#6 Alex Atkin UK

Alex Atkin UK

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 03:20 PM

I don't think it looks poor at all, still very much looking forward to it .... on PS4.

That review is awful, they don't seem to say much about the single player at all, positive or negative.  They just talk about the story and a little about the mechanics, not if the missions are actually fun.  Then they moan about the multi-player being lacking, not something I am really bothered about.

I mean its a shame it doesn't have coop play, but its not the end of the world.

Edited by Alex Atkin UK, 17 May 2014 - 03:51 PM.

Sheffield 3DS | Steam & XBOX: Alex Atkin UK | PSN & WiiU: AlexAtkinUK

How to improve the Wii U download speed.

#7 iEatTacos

iEatTacos

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 724 posts
  • NNID:iEatTacos
  • Fandom:
    Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Legend Of Zelda

Posted 17 May 2014 - 05:15 PM

Well, that's an onion in the ointment :(

#8 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 05:21 PM

'One huge caveat/punishment Ubisoft implemented is when you do turn off the Online Option, all your skills accumulated are reset to zero. You read that right. They all get reset to zero. All the online-specific skills reset to zero as punishment for not wanting to play online, something which is entirely disappointing. Either you keep getting invaded, or you get punished for wanting to play sometimes and not other times with the online mode.'

WTF?

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#9 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 06:36 PM

So... Ubisoft hired Don Mattrick to oversee Watch Dogs? Lol

Game is losing potential customers every day.

#10 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 07:28 PM

So... Ubisoft hired Don Mattrick to oversee Watch Dogs? Lol

Game is losing potential customers every day.

Wel, they lost their lead technical developer right before crunch time....

Hes working with vd dev now.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#11 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 09:15 AM

Apparently this review may well be based on a beta version of the game and not the final version. If so it has no credibility at all.

That's a pretty naive and unfounded statement.

As is this post.

#12 Gimbal

Gimbal

Abscond

• Members
  • 475 posts
  • NNID:Savoir
  • Fandom:
    School Rumble

Posted 18 May 2014 - 09:53 AM

Apparently this review may well be based on a beta version of the game and not the final version. If so it has no credibility at all.

As is this post.

If it was a beta I hope that quoted part isn't true for the full release. I occasionally lose my internet connection while playing games. It would really suck to have to restart because of that.

"So if Zero Suit Samus is fanbait for guys, where is the fanbait for girls? Why isn’t Captain Falcon wearing a thong or sporting a chest twice the size of his last model? Why doesn’t Mario have an absurd crotch buldge holding in his 10 inch slice of manhood? Why doesn’t Yoshi look like a Fist of the North Starcharacter.

That, my friends, is why the design is sexist."~Angelo M. D'Argenio-4/17/2014

"Yes, because owning only 1 game in this series makes you qualified to have an opinion on it"~PyroKinesis-5/7/2014

"He is a game dev, critic, games media writer, and candidate for a phd by the way. So, LMFAO."~3Dude 9/4/2014

#13 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 08:09 AM

If it was a beta I hope that quoted part isn't true for the full release. I occasionally lose my internet connection while playing games. It would really suck to have to restart because of that.

Yeah, im not ever going to even think about getting this game... But Im still keeping an eye out to see when/if this gets fixed/patched.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#14 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 23 May 2014 - 08:40 AM

Remember they said any reviews before 5/27 are fake :)

Edited by Kokirii, 23 May 2014 - 08:42 AM.

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#15 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 08:41 AM

\

"That's pretty common tho. Many publishers pay them for ads or give strong wording. Some ven send instruction manuals how to review it. It's why Pro website reviews are often full of BS giving so many hyped broken pieces of trash massive scores."

WOW that is some world class irony. Paid for/pr 'reviews' is a massive contemporary epidemic...

Its not even something exclusive to videogames.

http://www.nytimes.c...wanted=all&_r=0

Very, very, clearly, the naive one is you.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#16 Gimbal

Gimbal

Abscond

• Members
  • 475 posts
  • NNID:Savoir
  • Fandom:
    School Rumble

Posted 23 May 2014 - 09:06 AM

WOW that is some world class irony. Paid for/pr 'reviews' is a massive contemporary epidemic...

Its not even something exclusive to videogames.

http://www.nytimes.c...wanted=all&_r=0

Very, very, clearly, the naive one is you.

He might be right about the fake review though. I also couldn't find anything about Ali through google. Also Bricky seems like awesome.

http://67.227.255.23...php?p=112404826

He was with a bunch of other boys, one of whom showed off a copy of Playboy to giggles and intense interest. Todd bought the magazine for $5, tore out the racy pictures and resold them to his chums for a buck apiece. He made $20 before his father shut him down a few hours later.

^Tom is a boss.

Edited by Gimbal, 23 May 2014 - 09:09 AM.

"So if Zero Suit Samus is fanbait for guys, where is the fanbait for girls? Why isn’t Captain Falcon wearing a thong or sporting a chest twice the size of his last model? Why doesn’t Mario have an absurd crotch buldge holding in his 10 inch slice of manhood? Why doesn’t Yoshi look like a Fist of the North Starcharacter.

That, my friends, is why the design is sexist."~Angelo M. D'Argenio-4/17/2014

"Yes, because owning only 1 game in this series makes you qualified to have an opinion on it"~PyroKinesis-5/7/2014

"He is a game dev, critic, games media writer, and candidate for a phd by the way. So, LMFAO."~3Dude 9/4/2014

#17 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 06:14 AM

WOW that is some world class irony. Paid for/pr 'reviews' is a massive contemporary epidemic...Its not even something exclusive to videogames.http://www.nytimes.c...wanted=all&_r=0Very, very, clearly, the naive one is you.

There is no irony in it and what I said is true. You make it sound like this issue is far larger then it is which is absolute rubbish. If anyone is naive or rather gullible enough to believe one newspaper article its you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!