21 replies to this topic

#1 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 08:45 PM

iUWYBnOxYBFTf.jpg

Take it with a grain of salt. Looks like Bullsnot again but if interested here it is

Edited by Ryudo, 17 May 2014 - 08:52 PM.

#2 SPG

SPG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 657 posts
  • NNID:Pyroblock
  • Fandom:
    all things Nintendo and PC

Posted 17 May 2014 - 08:56 PM

even if its real
yay.... "junk" we already know about aside from like....2 things

Edited by SPG, 17 May 2014 - 08:56 PM.

wa3Nq7j.png

#3 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 17 May 2014 - 09:09 PM

Looks legit.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#4 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 18 May 2014 - 12:00 AM

You would think that an official nintendo document like this would have the name of X. 

If it's real then I doubt we're getting a name at E3.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#5 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 18 May 2014 - 12:10 AM

Mario Party would be perfect for NFC. This is one of the most legit rumors thus far. But a lot of titles aren't even done (then again, 3D Land was revealed as "super mario") and there's not a lot of new titles. I would enjoy this lineup though.
No sig.

#6 the gamz girnalizt

the gamz girnalizt

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • Fandom:
    criticising nintendo

Posted 18 May 2014 - 01:12 AM

@R00bot This pretty much confirms it's fake. Also, they would have the more modern grey Nintendo logo, not the old red Nintendo logo.

gamz girnalizm all da way

#7 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 03:09 AM

Those would be my perfect first batch of GC VC games on Wii U.

If they are not announced at E3 you guys have my permission to throw rocks at Ryudo :laugh:

#8 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 18 May 2014 - 03:14 AM

Also, Mario Sunshine wouldn't work due to the lack of analogue triggers. Adding to my previous post, if they had X's release date then they would have its name. There's no way they would announce its release date without giving it a name.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#9 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 18 May 2014 - 04:22 AM

Fake or not if nintendo really is serious about turning around the WiiU and making it relevant in the gaming community there E3 at MINIMUM needs to look like this.

#10 dark_rabbid

dark_rabbid

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 397 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, tales, and online games.

Posted 18 May 2014 - 05:05 AM

Also, Mario Sunshine wouldn't work due to the lack of analogue triggers. Adding to my previous post, if they had X's release date then they would have its name. There's no way they would announce its release date without giving it a name.

Not only that but there are other games listed with monthly/quarterly dates yet x still has no name but gets a solid date 0.o me thinks fake. Though I would love to see a date for it.

#11 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 18 May 2014 - 05:13 AM

You all really don't understand how the triggers on the Gamecube worked. This is about the 5th time I've explained this, but whatever.

The Gamecube did have analog triggers. You can press it down slowly and the action it controls would gradually increase. However, once it clicks, it does a completely different action. Lets take Super Smash Bros Melee for an example. If you slightly pressed L or R, you got a light shield that lasted longer but was weaker. If you pressed it down more but not enough to click it, the shield would get smaller, but would still function as a light shield. When you clicked it down, it became a hard shield that would protect you from more but would dissapear quickly.

If this was ported to Wii U, lightly pressing the L or R buttons would be assigned to L or R on the Wii U, and clicking it would be ZL and ZR. You wouldn't be able to do the variable press, but it was insignificant in almost every game I can think of (the Need for Speed games are the only ones I can think of where pressure-sensetive triggers actually matter, and that would still be fine without it because of Most Wanted U).

To relate this with Super Mario Sunshine, pressing R would let you move and spray, while clicking R would lock you where you are. Move and spray would be ZR, and stand and spray would be R.

Analog = Pressure Sensitive, not two-function.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#12 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 05:54 AM

TheUltimateWaddleDee, on 18 May 2014 - 09:13 AM, said:
You all really don't understand how the triggers on the Gamecube worked. This is about the 5th time I've explained this, but whatever.

The Gamecube did have analog triggers. You can press it down slowly and the action it controls would gradually increase. However, once it clicks, it does a completely different action. Lets take Super Smash Bros Melee for an example. If you slightly pressed L or R, you got a light shield that lasted longer but was weaker. If you pressed it down more but not enough to click it, the shield would get smaller, but would still function as a light shield. When you clicked it down, it became a hard shield that would protect you from more but would dissapear quickly.

If this was ported to Wii U, lightly pressing the L or R buttons would be assigned to L or R on the Wii U, and clicking it would be ZL and ZR. You wouldn't be able to do the variable press, but it was insignificant in almost every game I can think of (the Need for Speed games are the only ones I can think of where pressure-sensetive triggers actually matter, and that would still be fine without it because of Most Wanted U).

To relate this with Super Mario Sunshine, pressing R would let you move and spray, while clicking R would lock you where you are. Move and spray would be ZR, and stand and spray would be R.

Insignificant? Guess someones never played rouge leader. cube had the most advanced analog triggers ever used for game consoles. Not only did they have enough depth to them to make analog triggers actually practical, but they had what you are talking about which is called a digital over ride, and it was awesome.

It was used in great effect in the rouge leader games, where the player could control with analog precision the throttle and airbrakes of the space craft, and then hit the digital over ride for full boost (close wing mode for the x wings) or full brake.

Anyways, the problem isnt finding a way to port the game to the system, they could absolutely find ways to change the controls around for a port.... the problem is vc games arent ports, which makes your solution impossible, as the i/o controls were coded into the game over a decade ago. They are done and not changing.
Fortunately (unfortunately at the time) Most games didnt even initialize the analogs, and so they functioned exactly like digital triggers, those games would have no problem seeing a vc release.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#13 Tom

Tom

The Unicorn

• Members
  • 877 posts
  • NNID:IAmTom
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing

Posted 18 May 2014 - 06:06 AM

I thought Nintendo stopped using the red logo a LONG time ago.

Also the printer is running low on colored ink.

Edited by Tom, 18 May 2014 - 06:08 AM.

"I'M NOT BEING PESSIMISTIC, I'M BEING REALISTIC." - EVERY PESSIMIST EVER.

#14 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 18 May 2014 - 06:07 AM

This doesn't really seem far off tbh, except for Star Fox.

2lvmghw.png

#15 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 06:24 AM

You would think that an official nintendo document like this would have the name of X. 

If it's real then I doubt we're getting a name at E3.

it's possible that due to a NDA from monosoft Nintendo has to avoid revealing the name except on a need-to-know basis

@R00bot This pretty much confirms it's fake. Also, they would have the more modern grey Nintendo logo, not the old red Nintendo logo.

Valid point. Can't imagine them not replacing the attachments in the last decade or so.

I'll admit it's still pretty complicated sounding, and the in-game tutorial would need the be tweaked to avoid confusion.

Anyways, the problem isnt finding a way to port the game to the system, they could absolutely find ways to change the controls around for a port.... the problem is vc games arent ports, which makes your solution impossible, as the i/o controls were coded into the game over a decade ago. They are done and not changing.
Fortunately (unfortunately at the time) Most games didnt even initialize the analogs, and so they functioned exactly like digital triggers, those games would have no problem seeing a vc release.

To be fair, since the Wii U's chips extend on the Wii's chips which have extended on the gamecube's chips; the original source code for the gamecube may be able to run on the Wii U with minimal tweaking. It may just be a port after all.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#16 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 18 May 2014 - 06:28 AM

Insignificant? Guess someones never played rouge leader. cube had the most advanced analog triggers ever used for game consoles. Not only did they have enough depth to them to make analog triggers actually practical, but they had what you are talking about which is called a digital over ride, and it was awesome.

It was used in great effect in the rouge leader games, where the player could control with analog precision the throttle and airbrakes of the space craft, and then hit the digital over ride for full boost (close wing mode for the x wings) or full brake.

You are correct: I never played Rouge Squadron. Always wanted to, but I can never find it. I just always see people confuse the digital override with actual pressure sensitivity, and 10 seconds with Melee (or Rouge Squadron apparently) proves that wrong.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#17 Azure-Edge

Azure-Edge

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • NNID:Azure-X

Posted 18 May 2014 - 06:53 AM

This is too fake to function. I mean it's just not realistic. Lemme go down the list.

Smash Bros. Probable.

Pokemon. Likely.

Bayonetta. Doubtful. We already know Japan is getting it first and they don't even have a date. Seems really early, I expect October at best.

SMTxFE. No, just straight up no. We've had a single teaser trailer yet it's coming out before Bayonetta? This is too much of a red flag to be even possible.

Third party. It doesn't say a thing one way or another.

Gamecube VC. Another big red flag. We dont even have n64 yet, plus the lineup seems fishy.

Hyrule Warriors. Again way too early, like by 2 or 3 months. Are you guys seeing a pattern, becquse I am. Their summer/fall line up basically has big releases every two weeks from june almost going in to the holidays. While this would be awesome, I dont see it. They would space this out. This is Nintendo going from months between major releases in to weeks.

Mario Party.Now this, sadly, is pretty believable.

Yarn Yoshi. Once again a game we've seen nothing on for over a year coming out in the fall.

Metroid. This one is fairly possible though I feel like we would have already seen it.

Pokken Fighters. Maybe.

Starfox. Possible but unlikely.

Zelda. Why would they put new in front of it? Seems weird. Release is vague so possible.

All in all this just looks fake. This document seems like itd serve no purpose other than to make an easily leakable document. All of the titles are either confirmed or seem too predictable. The games also have very generic names. They're still referring to X as Monolithsofts X? Really? This is a secret document and theyre not using the real name that, according to the same document, is supposed to be out in less than six months? Same can be said for starfox and metroid. Then theres all of the seemingly nailed down release dates. That's very unNintendo.

All in all the content and the format looks fake and this could be made by literally anyone.

pNgecl.gif

#18 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 18 May 2014 - 09:11 AM

Seems real and kinda knew about all this.
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#19 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 18 May 2014 - 02:09 PM

I have a better idea for this...

ot: looks fake

Edited by Nollog, 18 May 2014 - 02:10 PM.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#20 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 02:43 PM

Holy fartballs!

I found another one. This one however seems the most legit yet

Spoiler