Photo

Nintendo confirms NFC figurines for Super Smash Bros. Wii U.

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 22 May 2014 - 06:41 AM

http://www.lefigaro....de-la-wii-u.php

Translation:
Wii U had suffered the past a lack of games a year, with widely spaced outlets. The beginning of the year 2014 was also quiet, what will happen after the release of Mario Kart 8? Many games release will be formalized at the show at E3, but you already know that we out action game Bayonnetta 2. By the end of the year, there will also be the new Skylanders, the new Disney Infinity, Sonic Boom, Watch Dogs or Zelda Hyrule Warriors. And on the output side of games produced by Nintendo, there will obviously be the fighting game Super Smash Bros.. E3 is also an opportunity to show the use of NFC technology [used in Skylanders and Disney Infinity, allowing the use of real objects - here, figurines - in video games] in Nintendo consoles . The NFC will be used in the Wii U version of Super Smash Bros.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 22 May 2014 - 07:05 AM

I'm hoping that they're going to bring out a Mario galaxy 3 style game where you can load characters like Link and even Bayonetta into it. Maybe even allow these figures into Mario Kart and at least some into NSMBU and SM3DW so you pay $12 for a figurine BUT it counts as DLC for lots of nintendo games

#3 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 22 May 2014 - 07:22 AM

Not sure if gusta.

On one hand, this could be cool if it were an optional thing. Kinda like how the majority of KI:U's AR cards were.

On the other, if this is required to unlock stuff in the game, it's gonna suck.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#4 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • NNID:AwewomeMii
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 22 May 2014 - 07:33 AM

I'm hoping that they're going to bring out a Mario galaxy 3 style game where you can load characters like Link and even Bayonetta into it. Maybe even allow these figures into Mario Kart and at least some into NSMBU and SM3DW so you pay $12 for a figurine BUT it counts as DLC for lots of nintendo games

This. An idea I had was using these figurines similar to the KI:U AR cards. Sakurai worked on both, so it's possible.

Some people always have a cellphone on them. I'm so awesome I always have a 3DS.
Signature_Portal1.png
Check out my blog! Portal's Portal

#5 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 22 May 2014 - 07:35 AM

Not sure if gusta.

On one hand, this could be cool if it were an optional thing. Kinda like how the majority of KI:U's AR cards were.

On the other, if this is required to unlock stuff in the game, it's gonna suck.

I'm pretty sure sakurai is against stuff like that if it's required to unlock stuff. 

Edited by Chrop, 22 May 2014 - 07:36 AM.

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#6 Fig

Fig

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 418 posts
  • Fandom:
    Miyamoto franchises

Posted 22 May 2014 - 07:36 AM

They're gonna be used to transfer data between the Wii U and 3DS versions.

#7 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 22 May 2014 - 07:39 AM

I'm pretty sure sakurai is against stuff like that if it's required to unlock stuff. 

Eh, seeing as it's Nintendo, I'm not all that worried. Just a thought though.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#8 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 22 May 2014 - 08:11 AM

Very cool. And these figurines will also be able to be used for other titles too? I heard that is the case. Imagine transferring custom move sets to a figurine and taking it to your friends house. Kind of cool. 

This will be something I will not only collect but make good use of.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#9 MatrixChicken

MatrixChicken

Knock knock, Scootaloo...

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • NNID:MatrixChicken
  • Fandom:
    MLP:FiM, Mario, Star Wars... And more...

Posted 22 May 2014 - 08:48 AM

I agree with the talking clock... Not sure if want... Does the article say anything about what specifically they'll be used for? If it's required to get them, I'm gonna be kinda mad...

splatoonmcsig2_zps010eb482.png

Deviantart: MatrixChicken | Youtube: ThunderFilmStudios | Twitter: @JohnAlBerge

Twitch.tv: ThunderFilms | Soundcloud: ScootriX

#10 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 22 May 2014 - 09:47 AM

I agree with the talking clock... Not sure if want... Does the article say anything about what specifically they'll be used for? If it's required to get them, I'm gonna be kinda mad...

An earlier article stated the NFC figurines would be used across multiple games so I doubt it will be a "requirement".

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#11 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 11:29 AM

If I need these to unlock things this game can kiss my ass.

#12 Bort

Bort

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 11:30 AM

Very cool. And these figurines will also be able to be used for other titles too? I heard that is the case. Imagine transferring custom move sets to a figurine and taking it to your friends house. Kind of cool. 

This will be something I will not only collect but make good use of.

I could easily see this... Especially since they were so secretive to how the custom move sets worked in the Direct, maybe they're holding out until NFP is officially unveiled to talk about it.

#13 Emilee

Emilee

Goomba

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • NNID:PrincessEmilee16

Posted 25 May 2014 - 08:40 AM

That's cool.  .__. I'm glad i'm not buying this game if those were used to unlock things, I'm not even buying it so i don't have to worry xD

DE1PxjB.jpg

Main NNID: Princess_Emilee

MK8 NNID: PrincessEmilee16

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!