Photo

How can I get my friend to shut the Wii up about Gundam?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 27 May 2014 - 06:33 PM

I literally have this friend that I kind of feel sorry for that he's pretty thought as "special" because of his behavior in the group. Every day of the last semester all he talked about was Gundam, Gundam, Gundam, and it driven me to the point of insanity! It gotten to the point where one of my friends called him out it and she threatened to not talk to him anymore because of it. He stopped for awhile, and I kind of avoided him, but since I was trying to bag this girl that would be in the area that my friends stay in, he came back.  I was trying to have a conversation with her since she's an artist, and basically brought himself into the conversation and started talking about Gundam. Eventually he lost interest, left and she told me thinks he has aspergers syndrome. This was last week, the last week of the semester so I won't see him again at LEAST until August. So inevitably he'll be doing the same crap again so what should I do? 

It's driving me crazy. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 Goom

Goom

The Happyman Thief

• Members
  • 930 posts
  • NNID:SpikedGoomba
  • Fandom:
    pingas

Posted 27 May 2014 - 07:37 PM

Tell him there's more to life then Gundam.

But in a nice way.

Posted Image

I am the hero this forum needs, but not the one it deserves.

#3 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 07:53 PM

Make the situation as akward as can be.

#4 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 27 May 2014 - 07:54 PM

Tell him there's more to life then Gundam.

But in a nice way.

We actually tried doing this in April and he seemed to of not gotten the hint. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#5 DANT3

DANT3

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 09:53 PM

Tell him that Evangelion is better.

#6 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 28 May 2014 - 12:13 AM

Drag him to your room and force him to listen to the OST of Touhou and its various remixes, then describe to him in excruciating detail how the music sounds, how it makes you feel, how it fits with the themes of the game, how they remind of the characters of the game and even the technical details of the music, such as time signatures, key and tempo. If he tries to say something, rudely interrupt him by acting excited at finding fanart of Touhou, and repeat the process using fanart as the topic.

Do this everytime he tries to talk about Gundam.

At the very least he won't try to talk to you again. I know I didn't.

Tell him that Evangelion is better.

Or just do this.

Edited by Miss Understanding, 28 May 2014 - 12:16 AM.

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#7 Structures

Structures

LIL B's SiDEKiCK

• Members
  • 462 posts
  • NNID:Structures
  • Fandom:
    Gundam, Nintendo, Warcraft, Guild Wars

Posted 28 May 2014 - 04:09 AM

tell him about /m/ on 4chan and maybe he can just release all of his gundam obsession there

636416_0.jpg
Youtube Twitch.tv I stream Wii U Gameplay and PC Games

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!