Photo

X-Men Days Of Future Past and the future of the series (SPOILERS)

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 29 May 2014 - 05:49 PM

Do you guys see it? If so what did you think of it. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 29 May 2014 - 06:10 PM

It wasn't very exciting (minus the one big scene that makes up the general plot of the movie)

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#3 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 07:56 PM

It had a ton of dumb plot points like the entire beginning (only wolverine can save us lol), and the JFK assassination was really beyond me. Still it's a very fun movie that never tried to be more than a popcorn film, probably my 3rd fav Xmen (X2, and the Wolverine are my favs). In fact I feel this film relied heavily on its previous films and uses nostalgia to capture moments. It's funny cause I remember when they first announced the cast for the first Xmen films and most of the cast was a disappointment, especially Halle Berry(as pretty as she is, she wasn't storm) still when the original cast appears I can't help but feel converted into the vision of Bryan Singer. It's almost as if he wrote his own Xmen story and made Halle Berry, High Jackman, and friends the definitive live action Xmen.

One major thing I liked was that it never cluttered itself in action, especially in their 3rd act. For instance Man Of Steel, The Wolverine(I like it but it kinda lost itself in the 3rd act), Cap2, etc. all end with a huge long sequence of action, that kinda looses it's purpose. The best action films never do that, like Terminator 2, Aliens, Dark Knight, etc. This Xmen surprised me in that it controlled itself.

#4 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 08:41 PM

It focused on story than action and was pretty good. Also it tied up some loose ends and the film can act either as a end all to the series or a new begining to erase past films minus first class.

#5 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 30 May 2014 - 03:20 PM

I heard we're getting the Age of Apocalypse in 2016, I can't wait! 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#6 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 30 May 2014 - 10:12 PM

It was fantastic, the best x men film since x2. I'm really excited for the future of the series it can literally go anywhere now. I'm just hoping we see another film with original cast at some point in the future.

LinkKennedy is wrong, i don't see how any of those things mentioned are "dumb plot points".

#7 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 10:32 PM

It was fantastic, the best x men film since x2. I'm really excited for the future of the series it can literally go anywhere now. I'm just hoping we see another film with original cast at some point in the future.
LinkKennedy is wrong, i don't see how any of those things mentioned are "dumb plot points".

Your honestly telling me the JFK stuff wasn't dumb? The wolverine thing was just obvious, seeing as most of the Xmen films are centered around him, in fact I think this one did a better job of spreading the love.

#8 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 31 May 2014 - 09:54 AM

Your honestly telling me the JFK stuff wasn't dumb? The wolverine thing was just obvious, seeing as most of the Xmen films are centered around him, in fact I think this one did a better job of spreading the love.

It was a bit silly but it's a film about super-powered mutants, you already have to suspend your disbelief to enjoy it so I don't see why the JFK thing is more of an issue than anything else in the film. I quite like that they try to connect it to real-world events.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!