• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 hd94

hd94

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 06:43 AM

Damn, i really hope it is coming to the Wii U. i have been a mortal kombat fan since i was a kid.

#2 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 07:03 AM

#3 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • NNID:Lupaie
  • Fandom:
    Banjo, F-Zero, Gears, Bioshock and Zelda

Posted 02 June 2014 - 08:11 AM

Injustice is for 15 euro on eshop right now. Wil play that for some time instead

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left

#4 Chaos

Chaos

Red Train Hero

• Members
  • 954 posts
  • NNID:ChaoticPikachu
  • Fandom:
    Anime

Posted 02 June 2014 - 02:09 PM

Heard about this, maybe it's about time I got into the MK series

#5 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 02:16 PM

When I have a PS4 may pick it up but only when they release the Komplete edition with all the DLC like I did on PS3

#6 KingBoo

KingBoo

Walka

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • NNID:Kingofboos
  • Fandom:
    Mentos, bunnies, and anything Nintendo.

Posted 02 June 2014 - 02:24 PM

looks sick, this might be my first MK game.

bb0.gif

#7 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 02:47 PM

Mortal Kombat has had absolutely no appeal to me since they stopped using digitized actors. That was the series one two hook. Digitized actors and silly over the top violence. One has been ditched, and the other rendered impotent as its become standard fair. It sure as hell wasnt the gameplay that made the game popular... which is probably why this is a choreographed fight scene instead of gameplay.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#8 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 02:48 PM

Mortal Kombat has had absolutely no appeal to me since they stopped using digitized actors. That was the series one two hook. Digitized actors and silly over the top violence. One has been ditched, and the other rendered impotent as its become standard fair. It sure as hell wasnt the gameplay that made the game popular.

MK9 actually has a really good story mode and it's pretty balanced as a fighter. I was pretty surpised how good it was. The series was crap since it went 3d until MK9

#9 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 12:24 AM

So...

Was ANY of that in game?

Didn't appear so.

And the gratuitous bone breaking, blood dripping, etc would wear off quick. ESP since it seems to have zero effect on the recipient.

Break a leg, then jump ten feet in the air, whirl around a branch and kick your. Opponent with the leg he just broke... Ok...

I guess if you've never seen violence before or something, this would get you to buy the game. Fun to creep out your mom for two minutes and then?

Back to marvel vs capcom I guess.

Or. Even better... Smash bros.

#10 the gamz girnalizt

the gamz girnalizt

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • Fandom:
    criticising nintendo

Posted 03 June 2014 - 06:51 AM

Trailer was good, but the music just killed it.

gamz girnalizm all da way

#11 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 07:44 AM

MK9 was incredible and imo the best fighter this last gen. So mkX if it follows suit with its predecessor then it will be great. This trailer although all of it was CG I'm hoping the final product will try to replicate those graphics.

#12 Mushlikeahusky1

Mushlikeahusky1

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 600 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi and luigis mansion.

Posted 03 June 2014 - 10:18 AM

Exciting trailer. I have Killer Instinct so I doubt ill care about this.

#13 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 03:00 PM

Mortal Kombat has had absolutely no appeal to me since they stopped using digitized actors. That was the series one two hook. Digitized actors and silly over the top violence. One has been ditched, and the other rendered impotent as its become standard fair. It sure as hell wasnt the gameplay that made the game popular... which is probably why this is a choreographed fight scene instead of gameplay.

I know what you mean. The actors from the originals looked so cool but underneath was a lackluster fighting game, albeit fun single player that wasn't really tournament worthy IMO.

MK9 was decent but nothing special after seeing the same fatality for the hundredth time.

#14 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 03:04 PM

the best fighter this last gen.

gTcp1VH.png

#15 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 06:03 PM

the best fighter this last gen.

gTcp1VH.png

Very fun game and awesome looking game, a fighter can never go wrong with an anime style look. Still I felt it was to chaotic for my taste. MK9 in the other hand wasn't the fastest fighter but when you faced a good player it was fast enough to entertain. Also the look of the game and the characters are just so dame cool.

The only deal breaker was the online, it sucked, still it had the best story mode I've played in a fighter. As well as a ton of single player stuff to do outside of that.

#16 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 05 June 2014 - 05:51 AM

Eh, Tatsunoko was okay. The character lineup could've done with more work though. Especially since the default controller was a Wii remote that could only do simple, and it using Nintendo wifi connection, it really didn't have much going for it. I wouldn't say it bested the likes of BlazBlue, Persona 4 Arena, Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3, Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate or the game in question, Mortal Kombat 9. Tatsu does have Orbital Ring Systems Cargo Bay, which is the most delicious track Capcom has ever released in recent memory.

Also, Injustice 2.0.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#17 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 03:25 AM

Reviving an old thread for the Raiden reveal trailer.

Combos look sick with some nice set ups but as usual, Mortal Kombat's hit boxes are just weird.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!