Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • NNID:Lupaie
  • Fandom:
    Banjo, F-Zero, Gears, Bioshock and Zelda

Posted 08 June 2014 - 03:22 AM

Just post your fastest times with a youtube film here. When somebody else posts a faster film I'll replace it.

Mario Kart Stadium - Lupaie - 1.51.08

Edited by Lupaie, 08 June 2014 - 03:23 AM.

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left

#2 TriplePower

TriplePower

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 262 posts
  • NNID:TriplePower
  • Fandom:
    Mario, The Legend of Zelda, Kid Icarus

Posted 08 June 2014 - 05:27 AM

Just out of curiosity, are you taking advantage of the fire hopping exploit?

Visit my Youtube Channel to hear my opinion on various Nintendo games!

#3 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 08 June 2014 - 05:49 AM

the video suggests she is

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#4 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 08 June 2014 - 06:33 AM

Yeah

Just out of curiosity, are you taking advantage of the fire hopping exploit?

I tried in this trial but I don't seem to notice any increase in speed. Actually, hopping too much seems like slowing down. In this video I was a tiny bit quicker than in my non-hopping attempt (I just found out about hopping via these forums), and I think it's because I just got the second corner much better. Also, I ofter get 2 seconds off this time but screw up in the last lap :(

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left

#5 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 06:55 AM

Lupaie, on 08 Jun 2014 - 10:33 AM, said:
Yeah
I tried in this trial but I don't seem to notice any increase in speed. Actually, hopping too much seems like slowing down. In this video I was a tiny bit quicker than in my non-hopping attempt (I just found out about hopping via these forums), and I think it's because I just got the second corner much better. Also, I ofter get 2 seconds off this time but screw up in the last lap :(

Jumping while not boosting WILL slow you down. Also, dont bother with blue boosts, you need a mushroom/boost strip/orange boost. Dont over do it, or you will begin slowing down if you hop once the boosting is done.. Also, straight hops dont seem to do as much, you will need to change direction, which means alternating back and forth.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#6 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 08 June 2014 - 07:08 AM

Jumping while not boosting WILL slow you down. Also, dont bother with blue boosts, you need a mushroom/boost strip/orange boost. Dont over do it, or you will begin slowing down if you hop once the boosting is done.. Also, straight hops dont seem to do as much, you will need to change direction, which means alternating back and forth.

Wow, I think i'll first try to focus on getting decent times without hopping.

#7 MatrixChicken

MatrixChicken

Knock knock, Scootaloo...

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • NNID:MatrixChicken
  • Fandom:
    MLP:FiM, Mario, Star Wars... And more...

Posted 08 June 2014 - 07:12 AM

Ah, didn't know about blue boosts... There's also a few places on a few tracks where it just won't work for me... Not sure what the problem is...

splatoonmcsig2_zps010eb482.png

Deviantart: MatrixChicken | Youtube: ThunderFilmStudios | Twitter: @JohnAlBerge

Twitch.tv: ThunderFilms | Soundcloud: ScootriX

#8 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 07:46 AM

Lupaie, on 08 Jun 2014 - 11:08 AM, said:
Wow, I think i'll first try to focus on getting decent times without hopping.

Good plan. Firehopping will shave second or so all combined. 99% of the fastest times are from precision shortcuts, and precision inside line hugging.

Thats usually where you see the 10 second or so break between ghost times on tracks. fire hopping will help jockey for position by shaving off those thenths of seconds here and there, but it wont make that 10 second difference.

Its also more or less kinda useless in multiplayer, the addition of other players just wreaks havoc on lines and timing. It can put you past other players if you are in the right situation and boosting together and you are fire hopping and they arent... But its nothing a little shake and bake doesnt do better, and the risk of goofing it up when in first doesnt really match the reward of those tenths of a second shaved, once the gang bang train sees you are now in firing range from a slight mishap.

From my experience, and talking with other mario kart speed demons considerably more skilled than I (I think they may be cyborgs) being exceptional at time trials doesnt transfer over to winning at multi. The more in tune a person seems to be with the mechanics underlying the game, the more they are royally screwed when someone fubars those mechanics by playing with them.

Its not like snaking where you could use it to get so far ahead of the pack screwing up here or there was irrelevent.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#9 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 08 June 2014 - 08:34 AM

Good plan. Firehopping will shave second or so all combined. 99% of the fastest times are from precision shortcuts, and precision inside line hugging.Thats usually where you see the 10 second or so break between ghost times on tracks. fire hopping will help jockey for position by shaving off those thenths of seconds here and there, but it wont make that 10 second difference.Its also more or less kinda useless in multiplayer, the addition of other players just wreaks havoc on lines and timing. It can put you past other players if you are in the right situation and boosting together and you are fire hopping and they arent... But its nothing a little shake and bake doesnt do better, and the risk of goofing it up when in first doesnt really match the reward of those tenths of a second shaved, once the gang bang train sees you are now in firing range from a slight mishap.From my experience, and talking with other mario kart speed demons considerably more skilled than I (I think they may be cyborgs) being exceptional at time trials doesnt transfer over to winning at multi. The more in tune a person seems to be with the mechanics underlying the game, the more they are royally screwed when someone fubars those mechanics by playing with them.Its not like snaking where you could use it to get so far ahead of the pack screwing up here or there was irrelevent.

Yeah, it is frustrating. I know MK is not meant for clean racing, lol. Yet I enjoy the No-Item-Racing community a lot! Maybe Project Cars is better suited lol. But I really enjoy MK. What I don't understand when looking at the uploaded-ghost-leaderboards is where those 10 seconds+ gaps between the top5 and the rest is. I see lot's of 1.40's, then nothing, then 1.51.... Kinda strange

Are there real leaderboards to see?

#10 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 12:37 PM

Yeah, it is frustrating. I know MK is not meant for clean racing, lol. Yet I enjoy the No-Item-Racing community a lot! Maybe Project Cars is better suited lol. But I really enjoy MK. What I don't understand when looking at the uploaded-ghost-leaderboards is where those 10 seconds+ gaps between the top5 and the rest is. I see lot's of 1.40's, then nothing, then 1.51.... Kinda strange

Are there real leaderboards to see?

Im pretty sure real leader boards are coming in a patch.

If you want to see where that 10 seconds is going, download the ghost and watch it!

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!