• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 giggity3000

giggity3000

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 11:22 AM

Well that's it, skyward sword got the most votes in VGDM but as fate would have it, skyrim which lost in the semi finals got game of the year. Biased G4 yes but skyrim is still A good game so here ya go

Game of the year
http://www.g4tv.com/...-year-and-more/

Results of votes
http://www.g4tv.com/...best-game-2011/

1367065580450s.jpg

#2 Brian6330

Brian6330

Piano playing Gamer

• Members
  • 1,533 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts Bastion BioShock

Posted 15 December 2011 - 11:42 AM

Well that's it, skyward sword got the most votes in VGDM but as fate would have it, skyrim which lost in the semi finals got game of the year. Biased G4 yes but skyrim is still A good game so here ya go

Game of the year

Results of votes

That doesn't make sense though o.O

#3 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 11:53 AM

thats stupid skyrim is not even close to as good as zelda

Signature_Fox.png

#4 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 15 December 2011 - 12:44 PM

Game of the year

Results of votes

I'm sensing a gratuitous amount of bias here. o___o

Skyrim shouldn't have won on the amount of glitches AT LAUNCH alone.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#5 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 01:09 PM

i know right! That game doesn't deserve it. its glitchy as hell. it's an enhanced version of oblivion with dumbass AI. Its swarmed with dragons. Only has good support for 360. ps3 version sucks. and pc version is alright but still buggy

Signature_Fox.png

#6 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 15 December 2011 - 01:25 PM

Don't ya just love how he credits Skyward Swords winning to Nintendo Fanboys being angry about it not being a GOTY nominee... WHEN WE WERE KICKING BUTT EVEN BEFORE THEY ANNOUNCED THEM! They don't say anything about the game. All they talk about is Nintendo fans supposedly raging over their meaningless opinion "Anger always wins in the end." Than why did your game of the year loose in the semi-finals? Biased G4 is biased. I think Zelda won the more honorable award here, as it was actually chosen by the fans and not a bunch of "hard core" critics.

Edited by Andy, 15 December 2011 - 01:46 PM.

Posted Image

#7 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 01:41 PM

Don't ya just love how he credits Skyward Swords winning to Nintendo Fanboys being angry about it not being a GOTY nominee... WHEN WE WERE KICKING BUTT EVEN BEFORE THEY ANNOUNCED THEM! They don't say about the game. All they talk about is Nintendo fans supposedly raging over their meaningless opinion "Anger always wins in the end." Than why did your game of the year loose in the semi-finals? Biased G4 is biased. I think Zelda won the more honorable award here, as it was actually chosen by the fans and not a bunch of "hard core" critics.

i know its absolutely terrible

Signature_Fox.png

#8 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 15 December 2011 - 02:17 PM

If anyone would like to see an apology from Mr. Sessler for accusing Nintendo fans of voting out of rage; I have a petition for it right here.

http://www.change.or...wers-of-x-play#
Posted Image

#9 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 02:26 PM

It's G4, what should you expect? SS won "the fan's" GOTY on G4 while the critics had their own competition.
In other news, Skyrim won game of the year in Spike's contest a while back.
GOTY is a terrible contest idea to begin with, as each major network holds their own.

i know right! That game doesn't deserve it. its glitchy as hell. it's an enhanced version of oblivion with dumbass AI. Its swarmed with dragons. Only has good support for 360. ps3 version sucks. and pc version is alright but still buggy

You've complained about this game several times and I have yet to see any of your complaints to actually be true. All I know is that the PS3 version does suck, though.

#10 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 15 December 2011 - 02:47 PM

It's G4, what should you expect? SS won "the fan's" GOTY on G4 while the critics had their own competition.
In other news, Skyrim won game of the year in Spike's contest a while back.
GOTY is a terrible contest idea to begin with, as each major network holds their own.

You've complained about this game several times and I have yet to see any of your complaints to actually be true. All I know is that the PS3 version does suck, though.

Well, let me put this in perspective for you. My friend rented the Xbox 360 version. At one point, they were following a river. The water texture started floating. At one point, they fell through the GROUND and died. Another time, a dragon (that wasn't there before hand) fell out of the sky, dead. Sound glitchy enough for ya?

GameZombie44.png

#11 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 03:44 PM

Well, let me put this in perspective for you. My friend rented the Xbox 360 version. At one point, they were following a river. The water texture started floating. At one point, they fell through the GROUND and died. Another time, a dragon (that wasn't there before hand) fell out of the sky, dead. Sound glitchy enough for ya?

Nope, not nearly as glitchy as I hoped.
I'll admit that the game is glitchy, but It's annoying how it's just getting bashed. I don't care if it won GOTY or if people think SS is better. It's like people are expecting Skyrim to be perfect when Bethsada always releases glitchy games.

#12 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • NNID:LordOfGrapeJuice
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 15 December 2011 - 03:53 PM

Nope, not nearly as glitchy as I hoped.
I'll admit that the game is glitchy, but It's annoying how it's just getting bashed. I don't care if it won GOTY or if people think SS is better. It's like people are expecting Skyrim to be perfect when Bethsada always releases glitchy games.

That's my problem at the least. Bethesda has money and time for their games. When obvious glitches occur, How can they explain they didn't test that.

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

NNID: Lord of Grape Juice /PSN: Nderbert/Steam: Harmonius EX

Games/Animation/Film/Comics/Literature/Fantasy/Sci-fi.

#13 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 15 December 2011 - 03:58 PM

"They're not glitches. That's are ingenious programming at work for ya!"

Anyway, there's too much bias in this thread, from both sides. I'mma walk out of here before I hurt myself.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#14 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 04:02 PM

That's my problem at the least. Bethesda has money and time for their games. When obvious glitches occur, How can they explain they didn't test that.

They did and acknowledge the glitches. If you make a massive game like Skyrim, there are going to be glitches. That's why they make patches for the game.
Besides, people are at fault if they can't stand the glitches.

#15 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 15 December 2011 - 04:09 PM

They did and acknowledge the glitches. If you make a massive game like Skyrim, there are going to be glitches. That's why they make patches for the game.

~looks at Skyward Sword with only one glitch~

Patches are a lazy excuse to release a game early. I'd rather have the game released a few months later than have something that takes a month worth of patches to fix.

GameZombie44.png

#16 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • NNID:LordOfGrapeJuice
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 15 December 2011 - 04:10 PM

I get that there will be glitches, BUT my point stands. When it's a glitch that occurs very easily, then why did they not fix it?
It's people's faults that they can't stand gltiches that Bethasda can't test to find?

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

NNID: Lord of Grape Juice /PSN: Nderbert/Steam: Harmonius EX

Games/Animation/Film/Comics/Literature/Fantasy/Sci-fi.

#17 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 04:19 PM

~looks at Skyward Sword with only one glitch~

Patches are a lazy excuse to release a game early. I'd rather have the game released a few months later than have something that takes a month worth of patches to fix.

Look up on youtube, SS has several glitches. Besides, it's impossible to fix all the glitches in an open world game.
The game wasn't released early, they had an entire marketing scheme to release it on 11/11/11. Besides, the all the glitches will never be fixed.

I get that there will be glitches, BUT my point stands. When it's a glitch that occurs very easily, then why did they not fix it?
It's people's faults that they can't stand gltiches that Bethasda can't test to find?

Because there are too many glitches to fix at once. The nature of a game like Skyrim will create the glitches. Open world games always have glitches and have always been like this.

#18 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 15 December 2011 - 05:40 PM

Look up on youtube, SS has several glitches.

I just looked on YouTube. Most of those glitches are rather stupid glitches that take a good amount of effort to exploit.

And the glitches with Skyrim aren't like that at all.
  • General stability improvements
  • Optimize performance for Core 2 Duo CPUs (PC)
  • Fixed Radiant Story incorrectly filling certain roles
  • Fixed magic resistances not calculating properly
  • Fixed issue with placing books on bookshelves inside player purchased homes
  • Fixed dragon animation issues with saving and loading
  • Fixed Y-look input to scale correctly with framerate
Those are all fairly important parts of the game, which have just now been fixed, a month after the games release.

Besides, it's impossible to fix all the glitches in an open world game.

No, but you'd think that after taking 5 years to make a game, you wouldn't have texture screw-ups and fundamental aspects of the game glitched, would you? Just because it's in a open world doesn't make it ok to have that many glitches.

The game wasn't released early, they had an entire marketing scheme to release it on 11/11/11.

Uh...that has nothing to do with the game releasing early. It was obviously released too early because of all the glitches present in the game at launch.

Besides, the all the glitches will never be fixed.

I realize that. But fundamental aspects of the game should not be glitched. (see above list for a few of them)

There are too many glitches to fix at once. The nature of a game like Skyrim will create the glitches. Open world games always have glitches and have always been like this.

That's a poor excuse, dude. "It's open world, so it has to be glitched" inFamous 2 had very few glitches. (No glitches that actually mattered anyway)

The main argument here, is that they should've waited another two or three months, and put more quality testing/beta testing into it before releasing such a messed up game.

GameZombie44.png

#19 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 06:02 PM

I disagree with the main point. I'd rather play a game to enjoy it than worry about the glitches in it. I have logged more time than I would prefer to have in Skyrim, but the glitches have done little to nothing to my main gameplay.
If this is going to result into an argument about whether Skyrim shouldn't be GOTY, it will be rather pointless. GOTY competitions are always stupid because they are based on peoples' preferences. From what I see, Zelda won.
This argument isn't going to help anyone. If I need to admit defeat for it to stop, whatever. Skyrim has glitches, I don't care, but obviously others do.
I was originally wanting to argue against hardcoreu because he just puts me off with his constant hatred of Skyrim.

#20 Turboblaze

Turboblaze

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, MLP: FiM

Posted 15 December 2011 - 07:45 PM

G4 should just get over the fact that people prefer Skyward Sword over Skyrim.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!