Photo

graphics conversations(Wiiu not mentioned?)

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 01:33 PM

Look around the internet. Look up graphics for next gen consoles. Is wii u mentioned positively in any articles you find? NO. you know why right? because people think because nintendo announced their console first it will be downgraded compared to nextbox and ps4. People do not know what the hell they are talking about. They think just because of the wii having a little worse graphics than 360 and ps3 that it won't be able to compete with other next gen systems. I usually don't care much about graphics but these articles are just ridiculous. Wii U WILL compete with nextbox and ps4 in terms of graphics and power! I hate how people assume things about final hardware on early development hardware. When Wii u releases people will know it's power and take it seriously.
What do you think about Wii u not being as popular in the specs talk as ps4 and xbox 720? Do you think Wii u will knock down other next gen systems in terms of power and games?

Signature_Fox.png

#2 Brian6330

Brian6330

Piano playing Gamer

• Members
  • 1,533 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts Bastion BioShock

Posted 15 December 2011 - 05:53 PM

I think it will at least measure up to the PS3 and Xbox 360 (would be weird if it didn't)

Don't forget, extra power is used for the tablet, so that might make the resolution a bit worse.

Anybody else wonder if old Wii Games will be up-scaled when playing on the Wii U? (It'd make sense if they did, but I just wonder how much they'd be up-scaled and how it would look then.)

#3 Turboblaze

Turboblaze

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, MLP: FiM

Posted 15 December 2011 - 10:28 PM

Yeah, it is a little baffling. I believe the graphics will be great as well, but assumers gonna assume...

#4 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 16 December 2011 - 02:10 AM

And this is why graphics discussions suck.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#5 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 03:48 AM

I think it will at least measure up to the PS3 and Xbox 360 (would be weird if it didn't)

Don't forget, extra power is used for the tablet, so that might make the resolution a bit worse.

Anybody else wonder if old Wii Games will be up-scaled when playing on the Wii U? (It'd make sense if they did, but I just wonder how much they'd be up-scaled and how it would look then.)

It was confirmed a while ago that they'll run at their original resolution. http://wiiugo.com/co...ii-games-in-hd/

I'm really not worried about the Wii U's power. After seeing the Zelda and Japanese Garden demos, I'm convinced that Nintendo have, at the very least, put enough power into it to let it produce mighty respectable 1080p graphics. Sure, the next Xbox might have four times the number of cores - but that won't make this any less beautiful.

Frankly, graphics technology is starting to plateau - really, graphical output isn't what the Internet should be worried about in the Wii U. Personally, I'd be far more worried about the slim lineup of announced games so far.

#6 Deadly Virus

Deadly Virus

Boo

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Fandom:
    3D Mario, Metroid, F-Zero, Pokémon, SSB

Posted 16 December 2011 - 05:17 AM

I'm expecting the PlayStation 4 to arrive in 2013, so just a year after the Wii U. The PS2 never had difficulties competing with the Gamecube and Xbox despite being released a whole year earlier so if this is the case the Wii U will likely be the same.

With Microsoft's focus on Kinect though, I can see the 360 staying around for a good few years yet. Maybe it'll end up like the late 90s, with Sony and Nintendo being the big two of the industry. That'd be pretty damn cool.

Posted Image

#7 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 16 December 2011 - 06:54 AM

i love how annoyed you are about this (because i am too) and i expect it from you because your sig says wii u = nextgen power house. (love that sig btw) but yh i agree totally how ridiculous it is. mainstream gaming journalists are all a bunch of silly ponys. anyone of us could do their jobs better than them, but yes im confident that when it comes to console wars when all three systems are out, the wii u owners will have no trouble at all. i actually can't wait, i expect an awesome generation for nintendo gamers :D also, developers are saying they don't want to increase graphics too much in future or the cost of developing will be too high and they don't want to make games more expensive.

Edited by Crackkat, 16 December 2011 - 06:59 AM.

Posted Image

#8 Deadly Virus

Deadly Virus

Boo

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Fandom:
    3D Mario, Metroid, F-Zero, Pokémon, SSB

Posted 16 December 2011 - 10:01 AM

i love how annoyed you are about this (because i am too) and i expect it from you because your sig says wii u = nextgen power house. (love that sig btw) but yh i agree totally how ridiculous it is. mainstream gaming journalists are all a bunch of silly ponys. anyone of us could do their jobs better than them, but yes im confident that when it comes to console wars when all three systems are out, the wii u owners will have no trouble at all. i actually can't wait, i expect an awesome generation for nintendo gamers :D also, developers are saying they don't want to increase graphics too much in future or the cost of developing will be too high and they don't want to make games more expensive.

Nintendo fans really have a good few years ahead of them with the Wii U. It'll be weird seeing big multiplats becoming talking points amongst Nintendo gamers again. They never really have been actually, since the Gamecube was rather lacking in that department. I'm subscribed to the official Nintendo magazine of the UK, and all I can think is how weird it would be to see them reviewing a game like Grand Theft Auto V... Well, weird but god damn awesome. :D

Posted Image

#9 10k

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 392 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mass Effect, Mario

Posted 16 December 2011 - 01:39 PM

Developers like vigil games have already said graphics are starting to plateu, what they really want from next gen is more ram and processing. A quad cord with 32mb L3 cache a nd 1GB of Ddr3 ram shared between CPU and GPU will be fine to push 1080p native at 30fps and some games even 60fps.

Edited by Tenkay23, 16 December 2011 - 01:43 PM.

Posted Image
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

#10 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 04:29 PM

Developers like vigil games have already said graphics are starting to plateu, what they really want from next gen is more ram and processing. A quad cord with 32mb L3 cache a nd 1GB of Ddr3 ram shared between CPU and GPU will be fine to push 1080p native at 30fps and some games even 60fps.

i hope so

Signature_Fox.png

#11 Explosionkody

Explosionkody

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 10:00 PM

Actually, I believe the Wii U will have no trouble competing. Nintendo is telling 3rd party developers to only make games that look and play as good as current consoles, but when the next generations finally come out, that's when they will use the full power of the WII U so I don't think we will have much to worry about. :D

#12 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 10:01 PM

Of course the other consoles will have better graphics - they're being released after the Wii U, and graphics aren't Nintendo's no. 1 priority. What is the point of this thread?

#13 JoshZebra

JoshZebra

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 09:16 AM

The likes of Twilight Princess already has amazing graphics, so I don't really understand why you would need to improve :3
But when you watch the graphics demo of Zelda at E3, you could already see an improvement, so I don't really think Nintendo would have to worry about graphics anyway. I think Sony will hold the place for top graphics on the PS4 again.

I don't actually recall the Xbox 360 putting out a clean 1080p image, unlike the PS3.

Edited by JoshZebra, 17 December 2011 - 09:37 AM.

#14 Elric

Elric

The Golden Wizard

• Section Mods
  • 1,599 posts
  • Fandom:
    John mayer, Umineko

Posted 17 December 2011 - 06:59 PM

I don't think we can really say until every company releases their new generation consoles. I think the wii u has potential though.

OkamiSignature_zps2bbbe0da.png

fox.gif

#15 Turboblaze

Turboblaze

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, MLP: FiM

Posted 17 December 2011 - 09:31 PM

I think the Wii U will be fine with third parties next gen as long as porting to it is easier, and with the HD it definitely shouldn`t be as much of an issue as it was with Wii. Point is, I don`t think anyone will complain about the graphics.

#16 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 17 December 2011 - 10:15 PM

No body should really be talking about comparing graphics till the other systems arrive. I am a bit more concern on how well games will run I'm the system.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#17 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 10:28 PM

The likes of Twilight Princess already has amazing graphics, so I don't really understand why you would need to improve :3
But when you watch the graphics demo of Zelda at E3, you could already see an improvement, so I don't really think Nintendo would have to worry about graphics anyway. I think Sony will hold the place for top graphics on the PS4 again.

I don't actually recall the Xbox 360 putting out a clean 1080p image, unlike the PS3.

Twilight Princess has OK graphics for it's time but it's pretty crap by today's standards - and the bloom effect is heavily overused. By the way the PS3 doesn't do 1080p.

#18 JoshZebra

JoshZebra

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 04:50 PM

Twilight Princess has OK graphics for it's time but it's pretty crap by today's standards - and the bloom effect is heavily overused. By the way the PS3 doesn't do 1080p.

I really don't see it, I've never really finshed Twilight Princess, it was too gloomy. :P
And the PS3 does display 1080p :huh:

#19 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 18 December 2011 - 05:08 PM

I really don't see it, I've never really finshed Twilight Princess, it was too gloomy. :P
And the PS3 does display 1080p :huh:

It upscales to 1080p. It doesn't do true 1080p.
Posted Image

#20 JoshZebra

JoshZebra

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 05:15 PM

It upscales to 1080p. It doesn't do true 1080p.

PS3 does 1080p line res, it's just that most games either don't support it or that they've been ported from a game which was 720p, cutscences mainly use 1080p resolution. Exsclusives such as Wipeout HD play in full 1080.
But yeah, it does upscale most things.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!