• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:52 AM

When the two systems came out, I was stuck buying a PS4, when I really wanted a XBox One. I have now traded my PS4 for a XBox One...

Forza 5 is slightly more fun than any PS4 game I have played. Although, I never got to play Infamous for PS4 either. Also, Killer Instinct Xbox One is an exceptional game, that will keep your hands numb much like the old days of button-smashing such as on the SNES.

The rumble feature of the XBox One controller is sophisticated. It just feels slightly different than 360's or even PS4's controller rumble. I bought the $500 XBox One with Kinect which has a free Forza 5 game download with it.

I am happy. I feel like I like the XBox One slightly better than the PS4. The only thing I can stress when buying a console, is go by the facts, but also go by your gut feeling. My gut feeling is that I would like XBox One slightly better than PS4, and I wasn't disappointed.

#2 Aplg8

Aplg8

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 08:03 AM

POPULAR

I like pie

#3 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 01:26 PM

I like pie

I like Bananas

#4 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 10 June 2014 - 01:29 PM

Ryudo will be here soon to complain like she always does. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#5 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 01:35 PM

I like all 3 major systems and each one showed a solid line ups for 2015.

#6 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 01:44 PM

WHy does this thread not talk about you getting scalebound?

You should get scalebound.

Get scale bound.

DO IT.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#7 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 01:59 PM

WHy does this thread not talk about you getting scalebound?

You should get scalebound.

Get scale bound.

DO IT.

I do want scalebound.

HYPEEEEEEEEE!

#8 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 04:21 PM

Things look good for Xboner's with Phil Spencer up front.

#9 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 04:24 PM

Things look good for Xboner's with Phil Spencer up front.

Definately liking spencer.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#10 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:44 PM

Well that's one way to live your life.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#11 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 12:20 AM

When the two systems came out, I was stuck buying a PS4, when I really wanted a XBox One. I have now traded my PS4 for a XBox One...

Forza 5 is slightly more fun than any PS4 game I have played. Although, I never got to play Infamous for PS4 either. Also, Killer Instinct Xbox One is an exceptional game, that will keep your hands numb much like the old days of button-smashing such as on the SNES.

The rumble feature of the XBox One controller is sophisticated. It just feels slightly different than 360's or even PS4's controller rumble. I bought the $500 XBox One with Kinect which has a free Forza 5 game download with it.

I am happy. I feel like I like the XBox One slightly better than the PS4. The only thing I can stress when buying a console, is go by the facts, but also go by your gut feeling. My gut feeling is that I would like XBox One slightly better than PS4, and I wasn't disappointed.

I like the x1 also. It's a better system than the ps4 in my opinion for a lot of reasons, build quality included. And I know I'm in the minority, but the design is nicer than the ps4 also. Ps4 looks like a toy whereas the x 1 looks like professional equipment. And the bluish white light is a high tech touch. The blue, orange, etc light on the ps4 gets annoying. Even the sounds on the x1 are nicer. The os is better. The controller is much better. The entire experience feels well managed and well crafted. Even though the ps4 has a better gpu, the x1 is right there. And I had to buy wolfenstein on x1 because it's superior to the ps4 version.

I own the x1, ps4, and wii u.

So far infamous SS is the most impressive game I've played in the new systems. That goes to ps4. But Overrall, the x1 is the console that gets more playtime.

The wii u currently sees the least simply because I have beaten the games I had for it and am waiting for the next opportunity to snag Mario Kart.

But after seeing a glimpse of Zelda... Dang. That game is going to take up a big chunk of my life when it is released.

Edited by Socalmuscle, 11 June 2014 - 12:26 AM.

#12 iEatTacos

iEatTacos

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 724 posts
  • NNID:iEatTacos
  • Fandom:
    Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Legend Of Zelda

Posted 11 June 2014 - 09:10 AM

PS4 and Wii U is where I'm at

#13 Alex Atkin UK

Alex Atkin UK

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 03:39 PM

Build quality is better on Xbox One?  I beg to differ.

It seems clear to me they hadn't a clue about case design so just picked a plain box and kept the PSU external so they didn't have to come up with a good design for the cooling.  To me a company that is able to build a case with a bespoke cooling system so they can keep the PSU inside the case is clearly superior when it comes to build quality.

When you see the two consoles taken apart the Xbox One looks like I threw it together from off the shelf PC parts, the PS4 is clearly more intricately designed from scratch.

Both consoles are flawed by how deep they are though, very awkward to fit on a shallow shelf which all previously consoles had no problems with.

Another thing about Xbox One is why have two USB ports on the back when it supports external HDDs?  That means they expect you leave them plugged in all the time and even the one on the left is awkward.  The PS4 clearly wins there too IMO with easily accesible USB ports, although a bit narrow so you cannot fit some USB sticks in without an extension.

Now before anyone comments, the Wii/Wii U I count as decent designs because the reason THEY have the PSU external is to keep the console as small as possible - clearly not the reason on Xbox One a its HUGE.

Of course the REAL build quality will only really be known in a few years when we see the failure rate on the hardware.  But in general I consider external PSUs a bad idea particularly for Xbox where it has a fan that people forget to keep clear of dust because its stuck down the back of a cabinet somewhere.

Edited by Alex Atkin UK, 12 June 2014 - 03:46 PM.

Sheffield 3DS | Steam & XBOX: Alex Atkin UK | PSN & WiiU: AlexAtkinUK

How to improve the Wii U download speed.

#14 syks-1

syks-1

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 02:12 PM

ps4 is much better than the xbone imo,ps4 and wii u is all anyone needs :)

#15 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 14 June 2014 - 03:05 PM

ps4 is much better than the xbone imo,ps4 and wii u is all anyone needs :)

Or just buy all three imo

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#16 DexterousGecko

DexterousGecko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 05:00 PM

this. Why have a console war. Have an orgy instead.

#17 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 14 June 2014 - 05:26 PM

I like complaining

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#18 syks-1

syks-1

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 05:30 PM

the xbone would be a waste of money for me,would NEVER play it,dosnt interest me at all

#19 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 05:48 PM

this. Why have a console war. Have an orgy instead.

I will end up with all 3 even thos broke as dirt but even a poor fool can save up. Scalebound is my first reason to get a XBO. So hope more to come from games to a UI update. PS4 still nothing out yet for me but Rime has me and I know it will fill up with RPGs.  WiiU loving it. See Marie Antoinette falsified quote was right. Save up and get your cake. It's good to be king! iwY2DcgWPRHK0.gif

Ryudo, on 10 Jun 2014 - 3:26 PM, said:snapback.png

I like Bananas

Zinix, on 10 Jun 2014 - 3:29 PM, said:snapback.png

ixkNz2rthNBC2.png

I like French Bananas

Edited by Ryudo, 14 June 2014 - 05:49 PM.

#20 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 14 June 2014 - 06:01 PM

I like Bananas

Psychic.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!