Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 16 June 2014 - 04:39 PM

Today, Capcom announced that at its most recent investor meeting, its shareholders voted to end the company's takeover defense -- which means that Capcom could now be acquired if a company buys up large amounts of its stock.

http://www.gonintend...ver-possibility

Do it Nintendo!

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 Expansion Pak

Expansion Pak

Enlightened Fanboy

• Members
  • 821 posts
  • NNID:Koopamann14
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon the Series: XY and PS4

Posted 16 June 2014 - 04:49 PM

Maybe Megaman in SSB4 is foreshadowing.....

I shower you with coconut cream pies.

#3 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 04:56 PM

I would love Nintendo to get them for Mega Man and other classic series. Plus Monster Hunter. No idea what they would do with Dead Rising. They may not let RE sit. Nintendo is wierd but at least for the 80's-90's classics IP's I want Nintendo with them. If Nintendo got Mega Man. Mega Man games would be made again.

Can you imagine Nintendo contracting Kamiya at PG to make DMC?! Lol holy rainbow

Edited by Ryudo, 16 June 2014 - 04:59 PM.

#4 Expansion Pak

Expansion Pak

Enlightened Fanboy

• Members
  • 821 posts
  • NNID:Koopamann14
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon the Series: XY and PS4

Posted 16 June 2014 - 05:21 PM

I would love Nintendo to get them for Mega Man and other classic series. Plus Monster Hunter. No idea what they would do with Dead Rising. They may not let RE sit. Nintendo is wierd but at least for the 80's-90's classics IP's I want Nintendo with them. If Nintendo got Mega Man. Mega Man games would be made again.

Can you imagine Nintendo contracting Kamiya at PG to make DMC?! Lol holy rainbow

Dead Rising: Mushroom Massacre.

I shower you with coconut cream pies.

#5 magiciandude

magiciandude

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 759 posts
  • NNID:magiciandude
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, PlayStation

Posted 16 June 2014 - 05:36 PM

Capcom would probably merge with or be bought out by Namco before Nintendo buys them.

Of Nelson and Murdock. Avocados at law.

Attorney at day, vigilante by night. 

#6 TheDoctor_13

TheDoctor_13

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • Fandom:
    Doctor Who

Posted 16 June 2014 - 05:39 PM

Their open to a buyout, Nintendo is open to buying studios/third party games. This is too perfect!

Now I'm not really a fan of Camcom games, but Mega Man, Street Fighter, Resident Evil, Devil May Cry, ect. This would be a smart move for Nintendo. And some games could be non-exclusive and Sony and Microsoft could pay Nintendo for Capcom to make games for them.

Stupid Snowmads!

#7 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 05:47 PM

Seriously... Nintendo must do this. Before MS does.

#8 Lightning_Ninja

Lightning_Ninja

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • NNID:Lightning_Ninja
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Zelda, Fire Emblem

Posted 16 June 2014 - 06:05 PM

Please Nintendo!  If you can get MH, Mega Man, and Ace Attorney under your belt, I won't say anything bad about you for a whole year if you acquire Capcom!  DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT!

#9 TheDoctor_13

TheDoctor_13

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • Fandom:
    Doctor Who

Posted 16 June 2014 - 06:10 PM

Please Nintendo!  If you can get MH, Mega Man, and Ace Attorney under your belt, I won't say anything bad about you for a whole year if you acquire Capcom!  DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT!

Dosen't Nintendo own the Ace Attorney IP though? or Only part of it? Monster Hunter is mostly theirs, but could get some Playstation people over. And MegaMan does belong on Nintendo, imo.

Edited by TheDoctor13, 16 June 2014 - 06:11 PM.

Stupid Snowmads!

#10 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 16 June 2014 - 06:14 PM

Dosen't Nintendo own the Ace Attorney IP though? or Only part of it? Monster Hunter is mostly theirs, but could get some Playstation people over. And MegaMan does belong on Nintendo, imo.

Ace Attorney is on iPhone, so no. Capcom owns it.

Monster Hunter has been on PS2/PS3/PC/Xbox 360/PSP in Japan, so I wouldn't call Monster Hunter "mostly" theirs. Getting four games (two of them remasters) does not "mostly" make.

MegaMan does do better on Nintendo, I'll give you that.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#11 TheDoctor_13

TheDoctor_13

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • Fandom:
    Doctor Who

Posted 16 June 2014 - 06:22 PM

Ace Attorney is on iPhone, so no. Capcom owns it.

Monster Hunter has been on PS2/PS3/PC/Xbox 360/PSP in Japan, so I wouldn't call Monster Hunter "mostly" theirs. Getting four games (two of them remasters) does not "mostly" make.

MegaMan does do better on Nintendo, I'll give you that.

Ah my bad. Ace Attorney has always seemed like a Nintendo title. Knew Monster Hunter was elsewhere, but I guess its more spread out than I thought. (I only thought 3DS/PSP/PS2/3). 

Stupid Snowmads!

#12 Tom

Tom

The Unicorn

• Members
  • 877 posts
  • NNID:IAmTom
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing

Posted 16 June 2014 - 07:07 PM

I sure hope Nintendo buys them out and proceed to un-cancel Megaman Legends 3.

"I'M NOT BEING PESSIMISTIC, I'M BEING REALISTIC." - EVERY PESSIMIST EVER.

#13 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 07:15 PM

I sure hope Nintendo buys them out and proceed to un-cancel Megaman Legends 3.

If Nintendo bought out capcom, they would uncancel Legends 3, and ask Inafune to make it. And he would. And it would be awesome.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#14 Tom

Tom

The Unicorn

• Members
  • 877 posts
  • NNID:IAmTom
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing

Posted 16 June 2014 - 07:16 PM

If Nintendo bought out capcom, they would uncancel Legends 3, and ask Inafune to make it. And he would. And it would be awesome.

uWOxm0H.gif

Edited by Tom, 16 June 2014 - 07:17 PM.

"I'M NOT BEING PESSIMISTIC, I'M BEING REALISTIC." - EVERY PESSIMIST EVER.

#15 Bort

Bort

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 08:12 PM

I hope Nintendo buys them. I certainly think it's a possibility, given the history the two companies have.

Edited by Bort, 16 June 2014 - 08:12 PM.

#16 Ghost

Ghost

BASEDGOD

• Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 08:29 PM

I think Nintendo should just buy some of their ips rather than the whole company because they have some real problems in there. Also Nintendo would really need to updated their servers cause I ain't playing no lagging street fighter. Also I want a Megaman Battle Network game not Legends.  :ph34r:

I understand what you are saying about Ace, Megaman was never really a part of Nintendo but the best Megman games came out on Nintendo's platform.

Edited by BASEDGOD Pachter, 16 June 2014 - 08:30 PM.

#17 TheDoctor_13

TheDoctor_13

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • Fandom:
    Doctor Who

Posted 16 June 2014 - 08:56 PM

I think Nintendo should just buy some of their ips rather than the whole company because they have some real problems in there. Also Nintendo would really need to updated their servers cause I ain't playing no lagging street fighter. Also I want a Megaman Battle Network game not Legends.  :ph34r:

I understand what you are saying about Ace, Megaman was never really a part of Nintendo but the best Megman games came out on Nintendo's platform.

True a ip sale seems good like Megaman, Ace Attorney, and Monster Hunter. Though how would they have real problems otherwise? I never had a big issue with online..

While I would think Nintendo would be best, what about Namco Bandai or Tecmo Koei?

Stupid Snowmads!

#18 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • NNID:Lupaie
  • Fandom:
    Banjo, F-Zero, Gears, Bioshock and Zelda

Posted 16 June 2014 - 08:57 PM

Nintendo, do it, and revive ghouls and ghosts

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left

#19 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 17 June 2014 - 02:59 AM

Capcom does have some great IP, but i fear they would be too expensive for a company that has been losing money 3 years straight.

If possible, a question would arise: would Capcom`s talent stay within the company or go somewhere else?

#20 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 17 June 2014 - 03:27 AM

Capcom does have some great IP, but i fear they would be too expensive for a company that has been losing money 3 years straight.

The money they've been losing is too low to effect Nintendo, and buying shares of Capcom wouldn't put a dint in there bank, so it's all good financial wise. 

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!