• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 10:05 AM

Awhile back, I got rid of a 3DS XL, after playing through Zelda A Link Between Worlds. Now I traded my Wii U for some XBox One games. Four of them.

There are a few reasons why I did this. The first is that I just can't afford to buy games for both systems. The second is that while objectively, the Nintendo E3 looked great... subjectively, I'm not very into Nintendo anymore. I'm pretty burnt out/indifferent on it (which isn't the same as hating it). I mean, Zelda's storyline never goes overly deep, I feel, and also, some Nintendo games just didn't look worth $60 to me.

Despite no longer owning a Nintendo system, I might still post on these forums a little. So long as I don't get tarred and feathered for trading my Wii U.

I apologize for the fact my choices may anger some Nintendo fans. But gaming is much like religion and politics - no one can agree on anything.

#2 magiciandude

magiciandude

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 759 posts
  • NNID:magiciandude
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, PlayStation

Posted 18 June 2014 - 10:11 AM

TRAITOR!!!

Nah just kidding man, you do what you like, it's your money. ;)

Of Nelson and Murdock. Avocados at law.

Attorney at day, vigilante by night. 

#3 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 10:13 AM

POPULAR

See you in 2015

xcx02_by_onilink888-d7lx472.gif

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#4 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 10:14 AM

#5 Gruff

Gruff

Jigglypuff

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Animal Crossing, SSB, Nintendo

Posted 18 June 2014 - 10:42 AM

Don't see why you need to stay here then. No offense, but I'm done with all these negative nancy's towards the Wii U. I still hold a strong spot for Nintendo, and I really don't want to deal with this site, designed for Nintendo, to be full of complaints towards something I care about. If you're not going to associate yourself with the Wii U then why stay? I came here to talk about the Wii U, not complain about it. And I'm not putting focus on only you. There are several members that just can't seem to appreciate what the has to Wii U offer. And I know there are people here that do appreciate it, believe I noticed those people since they actually made my day better once, but for the ones that are always complaining about it, they make me upset and make this site worse. They hurt the Wii U's image. I want people to see what a good system the Wii U is. I'm not saying your decision is wrong, I'm saying if you are not going to associate yourself with Nintendo, then you don't need to be here. I want this site to be the fun and positive place it used to be back a couple years ago, and post like these don't help. I know this site isn't strictly Nintendo, but it is meant for the Wii U.

Edited by Villager, 18 June 2014 - 10:44 AM.

Villager.jpgBleh eh eh.

#6 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 18 June 2014 - 10:46 AM

Come back in 2015 so we can kick your arse in 4 vs 4

1402506634644.jpg

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#7 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 10:50 AM

Don't see why you need to stay here then. No offense, but I'm done with all these negative nancy's towards the Wii U. I still hold a strong spot for Nintendo, and I really don't want to deal with this site, designed for Nintendo, to be full of complaints towards something I care about. If you're not going to associate yourself with the Wii U then why stay? I came here to talk about the Wii U, not complain about it. And I'm not putting focus on only you. There are several members that just can't seem to appreciate what the has to Wii U offer. And I know there are people here that do appreciate it, believe I noticed those people since they actually made my day better once, but for the ones that are always complaining about it, they make me upset and make this site worse. They hurt the Wii U's image. I want people to see what a good system the Wii U is. I'm not saying your decision is wrong, I'm saying if you are not going to associate yourself with Nintendo, then you don't need to be here. I want this site to be the fun and positive place it used to be back a couple years ago, and post like these don't help. I know this site isn't strictly Nintendo, but it is meant for the Wii U.

I always had some slight problems toward the Wii U. And I was more voicey of them in the old days, when I owned one, perhaps before you were around. I'll try to be pretty nice of the Wii U if I stay around, because I'm more mature now.

And the reason why I'd stay is to talk in general gaming and that off-topic board. That's pretty much it.

Edit: Actually, you've been around longer than I thought.

Edited by Porridge, 18 June 2014 - 10:53 AM.

#8 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 18 June 2014 - 10:51 AM

lol selling a wii u for xbox one games?

Were they first party crappy shooters or third party crappy shooters?

Edited by Hunter, 18 June 2014 - 10:52 AM.

#9 Gruff

Gruff

Jigglypuff

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Animal Crossing, SSB, Nintendo

Posted 18 June 2014 - 10:54 AM

I always had some slight problems toward the Wii U. And I was more voicey of them in the old days, perhaps before you were around. I'll try to be pretty nice of the Wii U if I stay around, because I'm more mature now.

And the reason why I'd stay is to talk in general gaming and that off-topic board. That's pretty much it.

I've been here since 2011. But if you're not negative, I'm fine. I just didn't want a continuation of bad things said about the Wii U.

Villager.jpgBleh eh eh.

#10 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 10:56 AM

lol selling a wii u for xbox one games?

Were they first party crappy shooters or third party crappy shooters?

Zoo Tycoon (actually a good game)

That new UFC fighter by EA

The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Kinect Sports Rivals

And for reference purposes, I had these games before:

Forza 5

Killer Instinct (digital)

Call of Duty Ghosts

#11 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 10:59 AM

The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Kinect Sports Rivals

Seruously?! I am not even bothered someone sold a WiiU. Personally I love it but why for such horrible HORRIBLE games?

Reminds me when I was a kid and Toys R Us had a promotion sell your games for cash.This was early 90's before it was a thing at GS. So I grabbed Zelda Gold Cart and they gave me 5$...in Toys R Us money.

Edited by Ryudo, 18 June 2014 - 11:00 AM.

#12 AdmiralClassy

AdmiralClassy

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 807 posts
  • NNID:AdmiralClassy
  • Fandom:
    Dragon ball Z, Nintendo, One Piece

Posted 18 June 2014 - 11:02 AM

The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Kinect Sports Rivals

Forza 5

Call of Duty Ghosts

Personally that list of games is full of crap to me but it's your call.

I've always found it silly to sell or trade in a console because at some point in the future I'll want it back hehe. Wii u is just getting good but I can understand if you're getting worn out on ninty :)

Shing Shong For Smash 4!

Honk For Ponk!

NNid AdmiralClassy
Psn AdmiralClassy

Steam AdmiralClassy

#13 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 11:02 AM

The Amazing Spider-Man 2
Kinect Sports Rivals

Really? Those?

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#14 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 11:03 AM

Really? Those?

Yes, really. You are free to tell me that I'm wrong. However if you do, you should try them first... the reviews don't really do them justice. Even Call of Duty Ghosts is pretty alright, in my opinion, which I didn't trade for. I mention that because a lot of people don't like it.

#15 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 18 June 2014 - 11:05 AM

Really? Those?

1170354_o.gif?w=360&h=240

I would of kept the Wii U and gotten a job or 2nd job to buy more games or whatever.

Edited by Sorceror12, 18 June 2014 - 11:07 AM.

PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#16 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 11:10 AM

1170354_o.gif?w=360&h=240

I would of kept the Wii U and gotten a job or 2nd job to buy more games or whatever.

I actually value your work ethic. But I have a mental disability, live in a town where it's hard to get work, and other problems.

#17 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 18 June 2014 - 11:13 AM

The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Kinect Sports Rivals

Forza 5

Call of Duty Ghosts

I feel, and also, some Nintendo games just didn't look worth $60 to me.

comedy-gold_zps87abcdfe.jpg

I actually value your work ethic. But I have a mental disability, live in a town where it's hard to get work, and other problems.

Sounds like you live in anytown USA

#18 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 11:14 AM

comedy-gold_zps87abcdfe.jpg

It doesn't bother me that you find it funny. Some people, like me, exist just to make others look smart, I guess.

#19 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 18 June 2014 - 11:18 AM

It doesn't bother me that you find it funny. Some people, like me, exist just to make others look smart, I guess.

Nothing to do with making others look smart, not sure what you are getting at with that. I do think people exist to make others laugh, that's what i do.

#20 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 11:21 AM

POPULAR

Porridge, on 18 Jun 2014 - 3:03 PM, said:
Yes, really. You are free to tell me that I'm wrong. However if you do, you should try them first... the reviews don't really do them justice. Even Call of Duty Ghosts is pretty alright, in my opinion, which I didn't trade for. I mention that because a lot of people don't like it.

A lot of reviews dont do games justice.

But thats not really why we are surprised, you sold your wii u, for a bunch of games you can pretty much experience anywhere...
I mean, zoo tycoon was interesting in 2001, not sell a gamecube or ps2 for interesting, but it was all right. Prefereed roller coastr tycoon, where I could design and ride rollercoasters and other park attractions to keep customers happy, but same basic concept.
I will admit, EA'S UFC game has some sharp looking visuals.
Then a licensed property game on every system under the sun...
And another kinect game made from rare's tears. Some different games, but pretty much well, kinect adventures round 2.

I mean, in about 2 months after release you will be able to pick those up for under twenty bucks.

Why not, sunset overdrive, or Scalebound?

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!