• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 ZyroXZ2

ZyroXZ2

Blooper

• Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 06:05 PM

First, I apologize that I am so busy and cannot participate in the forums on more regular basis.  However, I did write up and article that I hope can spur up some discussion!  What are your thoughts?

Check out my entertainment gaming channel!

Sig_Banner.jpg

www.youtube.com/zyroxz2

Enjoy!  :laugh:

#2 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 06:42 PM

What if I want to play those multiplat games? I just can't with a Wii U, I have to buy a PS4/Xbone. Yes, the Wii U has by far the best exclusives out of the consoles, Nintendo always has. But I can't be happy just owning a Wii U, because even though I am enjoying those exclusives, I'm missing out on other games. It's in Nintendo's best interest to win 3rd parties over, that way the only games I buy are on their consoles.

Edited by Blake, 24 June 2014 - 06:44 PM.

#3 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 24 June 2014 - 07:11 PM

Personally I do agree I wouldnt use the word blessing but I think Wii U is in a good place. I have played some amazing Indie games that are better than most 3rd party so called AAA games in the recent years. I love what nintendo is doing going out and getting exclusives like bayo and devils third.... KEEP DOING THAT. I do think that you can not have a ocnsole on the market in a calendar year without a major sports title on it. I mean missing madden, live, 2k etc is not a good thing for the console. I mean most gamers are sports fan and love playing a good sports simulation not having that I disaprove of.

#4 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 07:15 PM

Honestly? I just need to get a proper gaming PC then I can play everything not in Nintendo.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#5 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 07:19 PM

I do think that you can not have a ocnsole on the market in a calendar year without a major sports title on it. I mean missing madden, live, 2k etc is not a good thing for the console. I mean most gamers are sports fan and love playing a good sports simulation not having that I disaprove of.

It's never mattered on a Nintendo console. NES,SNES,N64,Gameboy,Game Boy Advance,NIntendo DS,3DS,Gamecube,Wii or WiiU. Sports games on Nintendo systems always played little to no part on the systems success or lack of.

#6 SPG

SPG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 657 posts
  • NNID:Pyroblock
  • Fandom:
    all things Nintendo and PC

Posted 24 June 2014 - 07:33 PM

though i personally dont care for the multiplats that the wii u doesnt get for a number of reasons (namely that i own a gaming pc) but people do want them because as you stated, some cant buy more then one console, so it does hurt them in that respect. But to do that, we just need sales, which will (most likely) come in due time when we get smash bros and such.

wa3Nq7j.png

#7 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 07:53 PM

though i personally dont care for the multiplats that the wii u doesnt get for a number of reasons (namely that i own a gaming pc) but people do want them because as you stated, some cant buy more then one console, so it does hurt them in that respect. But to do that, we just need sales, which will (most likely) come in due time when we get smash bros and such.

Nintendo just needs to make the console cheaper. The Wii was only about $200 at launch and it sold like hotcakes because everyone viewed it as a secondary console to complement their primary console. I really think Nintendo should keep this strategy in mind when they make the Wii 3 (minor performance boost primarily by fixing bottlenecks discovered in the Wii U, and keep the launch price at around $200).

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#8 SPG

SPG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 657 posts
  • NNID:Pyroblock
  • Fandom:
    all things Nintendo and PC

Posted 24 June 2014 - 08:32 PM

Nintendo just needs to make the console cheaper. The Wii was only about $200 at launch and it sold like hotcakes because everyone viewed it as a secondary console to complement their primary console. I really think Nintendo should keep this strategy in mind when they make the Wii 3 (minor performance boost primarily by fixing bottlenecks discovered in the Wii U, and keep the launch price at around $200).

the wii was 250 at launch, and there is no way they can do that, the losses would be too great, or it would be boarderline at making a profit. cheaper isnt always an option, especially at this point, the hardware isnt that cheap yet, so i dont know why people keep suggesting it

wa3Nq7j.png

#9 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 08:44 PM

the wii was 250 at launch, and there is no way they can do that, the losses would be too great, or it would be boarderline at making a profit. cheaper isnt always an option, especially at this point, the hardware isnt that cheap yet, so i dont know why people keep suggesting it

I was mistaken then. I thought it was $200 while slightly higher here in Canada. I still think the Wii's launch price would be a good target for the Wii U.

#10 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 24 June 2014 - 08:55 PM

NOT where I bought mine in Texas 

NOT where I bought mine in Texas 

#11 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 24 June 2014 - 11:43 PM

They really don't. Their's is the cheapest sytem by about 50%, and with so many great deals right now, you can get the console plus several games and wiimotes still for only slihtly more than half the competition's prices. People are paying $400+ for PS4 which has more sales, so clearly price is not the problem.

What if I want to play those multiplat games? I just can't with a Wii U, I have to buy a PS4/Xbone. Yes, the Wii U has by far the best exclusives out of the consoles, Nintendo always has. But I can't be happy just owning a Wii U, because even though I am enjoying those exclusives, I'm missing out on other games. It's in Nintendo's best interest to win 3rd parties over, that way the only games I buy are on their consoles.

It's pretty well known that PC is the best multiplat option. Pretty commonly said that Wii u PC is the perfect combo because PC is all your multiplat needs and Wii U has all the best exclusives.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#12 Lafosse64

Lafosse64

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • NNID:Lafosse64
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Pokémon

Posted 29 June 2014 - 11:40 PM

Personally, I've fondly thought and overthought about Nintendo's consoles third party support topic and well...

in the past generations for example i had a Gamecube for Super Smash, Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Mario Kart, etc... but had to buy a PlayStation 2 to play Final Fantasy, a decent football soccer game, Tekken, Grand Theft Auto, etc.

then with the Wii happens the same, I was happy with SSBB, Mario Kart Wii, Zelda, Metroid, etc.  But had to buy an Xbox 360 to play again a decent football soccer game, Tekken, Grand Theft Auto, Final Fantasy, Skyrim, decent Call of Duty, Battlefield, and many many more multiplatforms that the Wii just NEVER GOT, NEVER. (and Im not even counting the 360 exclusives like Left 4 Dead, Halo series, Gears of War series, Crackdown, etc.) 

Id say that i could have used my PC for those but... NOT ALL ARE ON PC and generally I don't use PC for those games that are easier and quicker to play local multiplayer like PES or CoD or L4D o shooters that i happily play with the Xbox 360 controller which for me is better than a mouse. Besides PCs are only used for games like WoW, LoL, DotA, Diablo, StarCraft, etc. lol

Anyway, when the Wii U came out I was really expecting more 3rd party support... now I can see that the Wii U is dead on 3rd party. HAPPILY on first party they are really going to release quite a lot of good games that im really surprised and im dying to get. But i still think Nintendo should try to keep some 3rd party developers to release big budget games and well known games except for EA. EA can go and die I don't care. But games like PES 2015 from Konami should be on Wii U this year... or this next Call of Duty... I mean if they can release it for PS3 and 360 then it can be made for Wii U. or any next Tekken... and hell... suck Ubisoft's socks so that they won't stop releasing games for Wii U cus Ubisoft has saved Wii U's butt with their games. (And asking for a little too much, have GTA 5 released for Wii U... I mean... they  can port a 360 version to Wii U right? hehe)

in the end... if I can get all these beautiful first party games plus PES 2015 and Call of Duty on my beatiful Wii U that I love and adore.... Ill be more than happy. 

''GAMER SINCE 1990''

#13 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 10:33 AM

I would like to see the Wii U get at least SOME third party support.  It doesn't really matter for me b/c I'm not all that much into a lot of the titles that are coming out- but it would be nice to at least have the option to buy or wait a while and get some on sale.  So, I'm fine with the titles coming out, plus the indies.  If i start seeing other games that I want, I'll get a Ps4 after a price drop.

#14 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 01 July 2014 - 01:06 PM

and hell... suck Ubisoft's socks so that they won't stop releasing games for Wii U cus Ubisoft has saved Wii U's butt with their games. 

Where is this mystical alternate universe you live in?

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#15 Lafosse64

Lafosse64

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • NNID:Lafosse64
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Pokémon

Posted 01 July 2014 - 01:18 PM

Where is this mystical alternate universe you live in?

lol, I know right now Ubisoft is acting like a selfish Daisy holding games cus the install base is not enough. BUT that doesn't change that Ubisoft was the first to be all in on the Wii U. if Nintendo inreases it's install base Ubisoft wil continue supporting Nintendo. and Ubisoft games have saved Wii U's ass. Imagine if Ubisoft had never released any game... not even ONE... The Wii U wouldn't have even survived to this point where they are finally releasing games. 

''GAMER SINCE 1990''

#16 alex15810

alex15810

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 01:53 PM

I have to respectfully disagree with your article's main point.

You seem to be implying that relationships with 3rd party developers is a net loss for Nintendo. This doesn't make sense. If this was the case then there would be no 3rd party games on any console. Yes, Nintendo pays the developers to make the game but having sucessful 3rd party games on the console is a win-win for both the Nintendo and the game developers. It makes the console more attractive. If the process wasn't beneficial for Nintendo they wouldn't try to do it. Neither would Sony or Microsoft.

That's the big negative about Nintendo that until recently really harmed the Wii U's reputation - lack of games and 3rd party support. This is one of the biggest reasons the Wii U has not been received well.  Many people have not bought a Wii U for this reason, there's no way it's a positive.

#17 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 01 July 2014 - 02:42 PM

lol, I know right now Ubisoft is acting like a selfish Daisy holding games cus the install base is not enough. BUT that doesn't change that Ubisoft was the first to be all in on the Wii U. if Nintendo inreases it's install base Ubisoft wil continue supporting Nintendo. and Ubisoft games have saved Wii U's ass. Imagine if Ubisoft had never released any game... not even ONE... The Wii U wouldn't have even survived to this point where they are finally releasing games. 

First part is irrelevant, I wasn't talking about wh's supporting who. But if you want to go there, Ubisoft may have (arguably) tried the hardest but it's the hardest of an incredibly crappy bunch. In other words it's not worth balls. If they were REALLY supporting Wii U, we would have seen the Wii u version advertised equally. They weren't.

And the Wii U would be perfectly fine without ubisoft's "Support" the reason Ubi is whining right now is because of low sales... in other words practically none of the Wii u owners actually give a crap about their games (at least in comparison to Nintendo's) and there are definitely VERY few who actually bought a Wii u to play Ubisfot games. Why would they? They're all multiplat, except for what, one?

In other words, Ubisoft hasn't done balls, and they DEFINITELY haven't "saved" anyone.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#18 ZyroXZ2

ZyroXZ2

Blooper

• Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 08:30 PM

I have to respectfully disagree with your article's main point.

You seem to be implying that relationships with 3rd party developers is a net loss for Nintendo. This doesn't make sense. If this was the case then there would be no 3rd party games on any console. Yes, Nintendo pays the developers to make the game but having sucessful 3rd party games on the console is a win-win for both the Nintendo and the game developers. It makes the console more attractive. If the process wasn't beneficial for Nintendo they wouldn't try to do it. Neither would Sony or Microsoft.

That's the big negative about Nintendo that until recently really harmed the Wii U's reputation - lack of games and 3rd party support. This is one of the biggest reasons the Wii U has not been received well.  Many people have not bought a Wii U for this reason, there's no way it's a positive.

It IS a net loss for Nintendo.  The audience isn't there, and since the Wii U will always get the "least pretty" version, you're looking at spending money on something that even I can almost assure you is not going to end well.  Instead, take away the leverage of "comparison" between consoles (multiplatform games) by creating an exclusive with third parties, and you've got a game with no equal and nowhere else to get it.

In other words, taking Nintendo's strongest feature (exclusives) and making it untouchable is a better route than spending the same money trying to get 3rd party support back, to summarize.  If people are THAT interested in multiplatform games, they have many other places to get those, and that's what they've been doing even when it IS on the Wii U: they turn to their PS/XBox/PC and get it there because those are "superior" versions.

Check out my entertainment gaming channel!

Sig_Banner.jpg

www.youtube.com/zyroxz2

Enjoy!  :laugh:

#19 SamuraiDeity

SamuraiDeity

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 09:31 PM

So nintendo should continue making itself less and less relevant to the core gamer?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!