Photo

The Legend of Korra Book 3 premieres today.

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#1 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 26 June 2014 - 08:23 PM

Going to come on at 7PM EST for those interested in the series still. Hopefully its better than that dreadful second season. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 MatrixChicken

MatrixChicken

Knock knock, Scootaloo...

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • NNID:MatrixChicken
  • Fandom:
    MLP:FiM, Mario, Star Wars... And more...

Posted 26 June 2014 - 09:31 PM

Okay... That was random... But yeah, hope this season is better...

splatoonmcsig2_zps010eb482.png

Deviantart: MatrixChicken | Youtube: ThunderFilmStudios | Twitter: @JohnAlBerge

Twitch.tv: ThunderFilms | Soundcloud: ScootriX

#3 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • NNID:AwewomeMii
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 27 June 2014 - 03:47 AM

Okay... That was random... But yeah, hope this season is better...

Not as random as you think, but it is pretty out of the blue. Chances are this season will be a million times better than the last. I've been rewatching Book 2, and it's not as bad as I remember. Korra got some character development, so we shouldn't see the whole "if you're not for me you're against me" issues again. Everything looks totally different. I have high hopes, and I think it's for good reason.

Some people always have a cellphone on them. I'm so awesome I always have a 3DS.
Signature_Portal1.png
Check out my blog! Portal's Portal

#4 AegisReflector

AegisReflector

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • Fandom:
    Final Fantasy, Fire Emblem

Posted 27 June 2014 - 08:32 AM

Honestly, I think Korra was way overhyped and it's got some serious flaws. For me it doesn't do the Avatar franchise justice.

I stopped watching midway through Book 1 just because I think Korra is a vastly unlikeable character, and when I think a main character is someone I can't stand by, I will have trouble watching the rest of the series. With Aang I felt more lively and free, but Korra is just a sourpuss.

#5 MatrixChicken

MatrixChicken

Knock knock, Scootaloo...

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • NNID:MatrixChicken
  • Fandom:
    MLP:FiM, Mario, Star Wars... And more...

Posted 27 June 2014 - 08:49 AM

Not as random as you think, but it is pretty out of the blue. Chances are this season will be a million times better than the last. I've been rewatching Book 2, and it's not as bad as I remember. Korra got some character development, so we shouldn't see the whole "if you're not for me you're against me" issues again. Everything looks totally different. I have high hopes, and I think it's for good reason.

Yeah, it probably wasn't as bad as I remember either... But it was so fun to lambaste into oblivion with my sisters. xD One of the dumbest part, in my opinion, was when (SPOILERS) Tenzin and his sibs get trapped in that insanity pit, and then they clear the fog and he ONLY SAVES HIS SIBLINGS. There's like a hundred other people just sitting in there, waiting to be saved, and he just LEAVES THEM THERE?!?!?!? xD

But yeah, I see what you're saying there. Korra is a brat. :P Here's hoping it gets better. I'll probably watch the new episode tonight if I can find it. :P

splatoonmcsig2_zps010eb482.png

Deviantart: MatrixChicken | Youtube: ThunderFilmStudios | Twitter: @JohnAlBerge

Twitch.tv: ThunderFilms | Soundcloud: ScootriX

#6 AegisReflector

AegisReflector

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • Fandom:
    Final Fantasy, Fire Emblem

Posted 27 June 2014 - 08:53 AM

It would be better if there were actually any character development. IDK if it was just this season since I never watched it, but from the first few episodes I've watched there really wasn't any connection with me towards any of the cast.

#7 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 27 June 2014 - 09:14 AM

I wii dvr this. Thanks for heads up

#8 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendough and Gravy Falls

Posted 27 June 2014 - 09:42 AM

inb4 canceled to air more spongebob and haunted hathaways

794144.png?13383682

#9 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 27 June 2014 - 10:50 AM

What's the European (Dutch) time for this? I'm getting mixed results. Timezones suck. I think it's in 3 hours and 10 minutes, but not sure.

No sig.

#10 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 27 June 2014 - 04:04 PM

Season Premiere just finished. Simply put, Book 3 is off to an amazing start. I don't want to dive in all review- and spoiler-like, so I'll only point out my one dislike. Third season in and they bring back the love triangle AGAIN. It's not a triangle yet, but this has been my biggest dislike since Book 1 brought it up and they just won't drop it. Anyway, 9/10 hyper beyond measure for the next episode in a couple weeks.

Some people always have a cellphone on them. I'm so awesome I always have a 3DS.
Signature_Portal1.png

#11 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 27 June 2014 - 06:31 PM

It was better than anything in season 2 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#12 magiciandude

magiciandude

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 759 posts
  • NNID:magiciandude
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, PlayStation

Posted 28 June 2014 - 11:30 AM

From what I watched at the hospital, it's looking better than Book 2. It's good to know that Korra and Asami don't hold a grudge against each other. Oh and that President really is a Richard. I knew he was trouble the moment I saw him in Book 2.

Of Nelson and Murdock. Avocados at law.

Attorney at day, vigilante by night. 

#13 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 04 July 2014 - 05:45 PM

Bump. Saw Chapter 3. Loving this so much. It's pretty much bringing my favorite aspects of Book 1 back, building on Book 2, but then telling its own amazing story. Next Friday can't get here soon enough!

Signature_Portal1.png

#14 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 05 July 2014 - 08:27 AM

I missed last night's episode anyway I can watch it online that's not in Spanish? 

#15 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 05 July 2014 - 08:52 AM

I missed last night's episode anyway I can watch it online that's not in Spanish?

Try an anime site.

Signature_Portal1.png

#16 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 05 July 2014 - 02:38 PM

I'll probably can get it off Nick.com, right? 

#17 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 04:42 PM

I'll probably can get it off Nick.com, right?

You should check this site

http://kissanime.com/M

They have all the eps. in good quality and they work on the WiiU.

#18 Azure-Edge

Azure-Edge

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • NNID:Azure-X

Posted 05 July 2014 - 05:31 PM

Meh, I think ill hold off on this season.

pNgecl.gif

#19 magiciandude

magiciandude

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 759 posts
  • NNID:magiciandude
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, PlayStation

Posted 11 July 2014 - 05:05 PM

As I said, already more interesting than Book 2. I really like tonight's episodes and look forwards next week.

Of Nelson and Murdock. Avocados at law.

Attorney at day, vigilante by night. 

#20 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 11 July 2014 - 05:12 PM

Tonight's episodes were so stinking good! Absolutely amazing story progression and fight scenes in the first episode. Second episode built off Season 1's TenzinxLin beautifully, unfortunately bringing another relationship in but it could work, and an amazing finale with Zaheer and Kya fighting it out. I especially loved how they pulled out all the stops, but still had Zaheer "win" without making Kya look bad. Never seen that done so well.

Signature_Portal1.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!