• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Jim_Berry

Jim_Berry

Goomba

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 06:07 PM

You see, a game at $19.99 is fine. I go alllllll the way to Gamestop to get a $20 eShop card. I punch the code in, and I get $20 added to my Wallet. No problem!

However, that $19.99 game actually cost me more than $20 due to taxes. Having no Debit/Credit Card, I cannot "pay the remainder" unless I go back to buy a $10 card.

When I wanted a $4.99 game, it costed me $5.30. My brother let me use his Debit Card to pay the $0.31, but he actually paid $1.31 since his bank charges him $1 for any Debit Card transaction.

I prefer to buy digital, but as of 6/25/14, I have not bought anything new for my Wii U due to the taxes applied when the eShop Cards don't cover it.

I'm sorry, Nintendo, but no more digital games for me means that I may gain a lack of interest in my Wii U.

Had to grt this off my chest!

#2 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • NNID:AwewomeMii
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 30 June 2014 - 06:33 PM

This is why just about every WiiU and/or 3DS owner changes their location to a tax-free zip code.

Some people always have a cellphone on them. I'm so awesome I always have a 3DS.
Signature_Portal1.png
Check out my blog! Portal's Portal

#3 TheDoctor_13

TheDoctor_13

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • Fandom:
    Doctor Who

Posted 30 June 2014 - 06:48 PM

This is why just about every WiiU and/or 3DS owner changes their location to a tax-free zip code.

Haven't thought of that.

Though I don't see why your complaining. This is how the world works! You buy something, it has taxes. The eShop cards to cover it, though you just have to keep in minds of taxes, no where on the card it says "will pay for 20$ game" and it tells you there is taxes.

Stupid Snowmads!

#4 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 06:56 PM

It's common sense everything has taxes. I knew this at 4 years old. I saved up 6-7$ when I was getting a 5$ toy or 12$ for a 10$ toy. The extra 1-2$ for a just in case.

It's not hard.

#5 Jim_Berry

Jim_Berry

Goomba

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 07:05 PM

I just think the Cards should come $15, $25, $55 instead of $10, $20, $50 respectively. Honestly, when you come from PSN (since 2007) and XBL (since 2006), the tax thing is questionable here on eShop lol...

Even the Wii VC didn't do the tax thing.

#6 Lafosse64

Lafosse64

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • NNID:Lafosse64
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Pokémon

Posted 30 June 2014 - 09:57 PM

That's a real bum. :/ I only buy on the e-shop with nintendo club coins lol. even tho there are lots of games that i love from the e-shop most of them i have them on their real cartridge for the actual console. And since im living in Bolivia now games here are super expensive.

I buy one game monthly and take the most of the club nintendo coins. Here a brand new game just released (like Mario Kart 8) costs like 90 US$. And an old one costs around 75 US$. There are no ''used'' or ''pre owned'' games in stores and if you buy second hand from someone else it never goes lower than 60 US$. ¬¬ Plus here the currency in Bolivia is called ''Peso Boliviano'' which is 6.90 Bs for every 1 US$. so Mario Kart 8 here costs: 621 Bs. its 1/3 of what I earn monthly D: (Here taxes are already included in the price, so you don't need to think of the couple of extra bucks)

''GAMER SINCE 1990''

#7 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 01 July 2014 - 02:22 AM

lol is this real?

entitlement-problem.gif

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#8 Akazury

Akazury

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 352 posts
  • NNID:Akazury
  • Fandom:
    Pikmin, The Legend of Zelda, Pokémon

Posted 01 July 2014 - 04:16 AM

Okay weird, I just pay the price that it says. Maybe the taxes are already in there

Everything can change, but I'm never changing who I am

#9 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 06:23 AM

Never thought of that.... what is a Tax free zip code?

#10 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 01 July 2014 - 09:12 AM

Lulz Americans and their dumb tax system

Also tell your brother to change his bank. Charged just for using your card? Unless that's another American thing.

#11 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 09:15 AM

. Charged just for using your card? Unless that's another American thing.

Nope. I don't use a CC at all. I only use Debit like his brother.Never charged for using my card.

#12 iEatTacos

iEatTacos

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 724 posts
  • NNID:iEatTacos
  • Fandom:
    Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Legend Of Zelda

Posted 01 July 2014 - 10:38 AM

Meh, I don't mind paying for roads, bridges and schooling for little kiddos.

But I do wonder why, when I buy from PSN or Steam, I don't get charged taxes. But when I buy from Nintendo, I do.

Weird.

#13 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 01 July 2014 - 11:53 AM

I don`t have a CC, have no intention of getting one, and thankfully, my bank allows me to create a virtual CC if i want to buy something from another country. Although the CC only lasts one transaction.

#14 flowerlandfilms

flowerlandfilms

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 01:01 PM

The reason you need to pay so many state taxes is because businesses and corporations, along with the more wealthy in society are not paying theirs.
Next time a state or National election rolls by, make sure you make it known that you want them held accountable, by closing tax loopholes for the rich.
The wonderful thing about democracy is that it is within your power to change policy by holding poloiticians to account.

Edited by flowerlandfilms, 01 July 2014 - 01:01 PM.

#15 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 01:03 PM

The reason you need to pay so many state taxes is because businesses and corporations, along with the more wealthy in society are not paying theirs.
Next time a state or National election rolls by, make sure you make it known that you want them held accountable, by closing tax loopholes for the rich.
The wonderful thing about democracy is that it is within your power to change policy by holding poloiticians to account.

If not old enough to have your own Bank account and Card not old enough to vote

#16 umegames

umegames

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 651 posts
  • NNID:Donte2k
  • Fandom:
    Sonic and Megaman

Posted 01 July 2014 - 07:35 PM

it really is crap that eshop has tax when the sony store does not (in Ohio).

#17 alex15810

alex15810

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 10:52 AM

Genius. Have not thought of doing this.

#18 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 02 July 2014 - 11:18 AM

Genius. Have not thought of doing this.

I'd expect this may not work though if you use a debit/credit card in the eshop and try changing address to a tax free zip. I would think Nintendo would need these zip codes to match for any transaction to be processed. ie: zip code attached to your NNID account and zip code attached to the card being used.

If you use just eshop gift cards though, this i gather would work.

Edited by Sorceror12, 02 July 2014 - 11:19 AM.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#19 KingBoo

KingBoo

Walka

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • NNID:Kingofboos
  • Fandom:
    Mentos, bunnies, and anything Nintendo.

Posted 02 July 2014 - 01:05 PM

they still think im from alaska 

bb0.gif

#20 Fig

Fig

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 418 posts
  • Fandom:
    Miyamoto franchises

Posted 03 July 2014 - 05:17 AM

You forgot to mention illegal aliens not paying income taxes and the millions of dollars of waste due to abuse of entitlement programs. Gotta look at that problem from both sides. You should look into the Fair Tax, if that kind of thing interests you. It blew my mind.

But, on topic, I guess I'm lucky enough to live in an online tax free zip code. If you're looking to change, I'm pretty sure Georgia, Tennessee, and Florida have several tax free zip codes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!