• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 flowerlandfilms

flowerlandfilms

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 11:16 PM

You forgot to mention illegal aliens not paying income taxes and the millions of dollars of waste due to abuse of entitlement programs. Gotta look at that problem from both sides. You should look into the Fair Tax, if that kind of thing interests you. It blew my mind.

But, on topic, I guess I'm lucky enough to live in an online tax free zip code. If you're looking to change, I'm pretty sure Georgia, Tennessee, and Florida have several tax free zip codes.

Illegal Immigrants can not pay taxes because you will not let them pay taxes. They would be more than happy to do so if you would just allow them to become citizens.

#22 Fig

Fig

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 418 posts
  • Fandom:
    Miyamoto franchises

Posted 06 July 2014 - 04:25 PM

Illegal Immigrants can not pay taxes because you will not let them pay taxes. They would be more than happy to do so if you would just allow them to become citizens.

We have legal ways to enter the country and there is a process for becoming a citizen. They are choosing not to become citizens. It's a complicated matter, but that's part of the reason I support the Fair Tax. Very short summary that won't do it justice, but basically income taxes are eliminated for everyone, including businesses. This causes prices to go down and individuals have more disposable income, but there is a higher set sales tax. So you only pay taxes on things you choose to purchase. The lower retail prices + the fixed sales tax ends up being about the same as you pay with income taxes and lower sales taxes, but it is impossible to cheat sales taxes, unless you're buying in a black market.

Way too philosophical and economic for this board though, lol. Sorry guys.

#23 flowerlandfilms

flowerlandfilms

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 09:42 PM

I

We have legal ways to enter the country and there is a process for becoming a citizen. They are choosing not to become citizens. It's a complicated matter, but that's part of the reason I support the Fair Tax. Very short summary that won't do it justice, but basically income taxes are eliminated for everyone, including businesses. This causes prices to go down and individuals have more disposable income, but there is a higher set sales tax. So you only pay taxes on things you choose to purchase. The lower retail prices + the fixed sales tax ends up being about the same as you pay with income taxes and lower sales taxes, but it is impossible to cheat sales taxes, unless you're buying in a black market.

Way too philosophical and economic for this board though, lol. Sorry guys.

Interesting concept. Might want to test it out in one of the states before rolling it out nation wide.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!