Lafosse64

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • NNID:Lafosse64
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Pokémon

Posted 30 June 2014 - 09:22 PM

Ok so this is my first time on a gaming forum AND I wanted to share how I started gaming. You can do it too here.

It all started at the age of 5 when I got my first original Gameboy (the black and white one) they gave it to me with Tetris and Kirby's Dream Land... few months later got Lion King, Mario Land, Pinoccio, Animaniacs and Ninja Turtles. And my cousin got an NES with Megaman 2, Megaman 5, The Legend of Zelda, Super Mario Bros 3, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2. So we were all the time playing together.

So being Kirby's Dream land the first game that I ever beated in my life at the age of 5. :D  After almost 3 years i got my Gameboy Color with Pokémon Blue and my cousin another Gameboy Color with Pokemon Red... And THERE is when all started. 

After that i've been behind every Nintendo console and my cousin migrated to Sony when the PlayStation came out (needless to say I got the Nintendo 64 which became my favorite gaming system till now) 

I've kept every system I've had and when i was 15 I started collecting and getting every system i could and missed like the Sega Dreamcast, Atari 2600, etc,,,  Now I have a pretty neat collection of videogames.  THE END.  lol

Hope you enjoyed and start sharing your experience :3  oh and btw, I ended up keeping my cousin's NES :3

My first NES and Gameboy: 

HPIM3774.JPG
gameboy.jpg

''GAMER SINCE 1990''

#2 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 10:41 PM

It was probably 1985 or 1986 was at Daycare and the owners son named Robert was a teen then and brought in Atari where he had a room set up for it (later added NES) and first game I tried was Superman on Atari 2600. Dad got me a NES in 1987. Still have it still works. From there it just grew and grew tho I was not allowed another console for 11 years so 1998 with SNES I played games in arcades and PC at friends houses and other consoles. Well ok I got a Game Gear in 1996 so 11 years on a console not system. That's when things started to gain momentum with gaming magazines and more consoles and games. Then few years ago decided to say hey I gotta play them all (the ones that interest me of course) I still have every gaming magazine I ever got. I got more books and magazines and merchandise and posters and t shirts and whew whatever man. Plenty of people with far more than I have but given my very constrained budget and I don't buy just to have more I buy what I want to play. I buy to play. I do not buy for value or rare just because. If a game ends up high demand or rare cool but I am not selling so does not matter. Proud of what I have not how much since as mentioned plenty with far far more. Many have seen it by now but click Game Collection in my sig to see the monster.

#3 magiciandude

magiciandude

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 759 posts
  • NNID:magiciandude
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, PlayStation

Posted 01 July 2014 - 02:21 AM

Got a SNES when I was four and it still works to this day.

Of Nelson and Murdock. Avocados at law.

Attorney at day, vigilante by night. 

#4 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 09:47 PM

I've had a GBA and PS2 ever since I was two or three. But none of the games I had were anything I'd play now. I really didn't start getting into gaming until I started watching Mugen videos on YouTube. Mugen, if you didn't know, is a freeware fighting game where you can add any character that people have made. When I was five or six I watched a lot of MUGEN Homer Simpson videos just because I found them funny. Eventually there was a video with a Mario stage, which got me interested in Mario after asking my dad what that stage was. Fun fact, the first thing I remember Googling after finding out about Mario was the cheesy Mario World cartoon, the Mama Luigi episode no less. I remembered seeing an ad for New Super Mario Bros around that time, and that was the game I wanted. But since I knew squat about gaming, I ended up with the GBA version of Mario World. Then everything else that got me into gaming just kinda snowballed from one thing to another. Like playing Melee at a friend's house, or renting Sonic Mega Collection.

Edited by Cranky Kong, 01 July 2014 - 09:49 PM.

#5 Atticus

Atticus

Game Genie

• Members
  • 372 posts
  • NNID:Atticus242
  • Fandom:
    Wii U, 3DS, Xbox 360, WWE

Posted 02 July 2014 - 08:01 PM

I think I was like 8-10 when my Dad brought me an NES with Super Mario Bros. as a gift.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!