• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

#101 StreetPassWanter

StreetPassWanter

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 04:33 PM

Yes. What if they hid a bomb in their... body?
Posted Image

^CLICK RIGHT NOW TO FACE PURE AWESOMENESS (MAYBE)
@SSB4News <- Pure awesomeness is now on Twitter!

#102 Elric

Elric

The Golden Wizard

• Section Mods
  • 1,599 posts
  • Fandom:
    John mayer, Umineko

Posted 05 September 2011 - 03:17 PM

Thats it, lets get some clash and actually debate this time.

New topic- Which is better, the wii, or the ps3?

(Warning: this is not nintendo vs. sony debate. Only debating the wii and the ps3)

Im going to go with the ps3. While the wii is nice, I'd rather not use buttons instead of swinging my wrist to swing a sword or golf club.

The ps3 has nice detailed graphics compared to the wii. I know that graphics is not everything but when it comes to good games sometimes graphics really does make a difference. One thing that is nice about the ps3 is that every game is eye candy, and you could play it just for the fact that the graphics are amazing and realistic. While the wii's graphics are fairly descent I am pretty sure we could all agree the ps3's graphics is much more superior to the wii's. Id also like to bring up that the ps3 has made some games almost like interactive movies, each unique and different. The online is much better and organized, with news constantly updated, added on content to games, and demos.
(thats all for now)

OkamiSignature_zps2bbbe0da.png

fox.gif

#103 Epic Kirby

Epic Kirby

Boo

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kirby, Final Fantasy, Umeniko, DeathNote

Posted 07 September 2011 - 03:53 PM

Thats it, lets get some clash and actually debate this time.

New topic- Which is better, the wii, or the ps3?

(Warning: this is not nintendo vs. sony debate. Only debating the wii and the ps3)

Im going to go with the ps3. While the wii is nice, I'd rather not use buttons instead of swinging my wrist to swing a sword or golf club.

The ps3 has nice detailed graphics compared to the wii. I know that graphics is not everything but when it comes to good games sometimes graphics really does make a difference. One thing that is nice about the ps3 is that every game is eye candy, and you could play it just for the fact that the graphics are amazing and realistic. While the wii's graphics are fairly descent I am pretty sure we could all agree the ps3's graphics is much more superior to the wii's. Id also like to bring up that the ps3 has made some games almost like interactive movies, each unique and different. The online is much better and organized, with news constantly updated, added on content to games, and demos.
(thats all for now)

As more of an intense gamer I would say that the PS3 is better. It has motion controls, great graphics and some great titles. The Wii has a staggering 197 activity games on sale for it as well as 19 fitness games compared to the PS3's 39 activity games and 5 fitness games on sale from GAME. These games are great in moderation but I like my gaming to be a bit deeper than that. There are 57 roleplay games on the PS3 to buy compared to the Wii's 24 and 198 shooter games compared to the Wii's 37. It also trumps the Wii in the number of action/adventure games. (Source: http:www.game.co.uk)

Movements such as Operation Rainfall demonstrate the general anger and dissapointment in the Wii's games or more acurately lack of games. As innovative as the console is it is first and foremost a gaming console not a "trend setter".

The abysmal online system for the Wii is uncomparable to PSN or even XBL. There is also a lack of mature games for the system. Instead of having a mix like the other consoles it seems mostly littered with first party titles with a few third party gems.

The Wii also manages to miss out on big games that come multiplat to its two other rivals such as:

Final Fantasy 13
Resident Evil 5
Fallout
Skyrim
Bioshock
Batman: Arkham Asylum
Battlefield
etc
Posted ImagePosted Image

Check out my RP
Kirby Sig made by Anisaxis, thanks dude :)

#104 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 07 September 2011 - 07:31 PM

As more of an intense gamer I would say that the PS3 is better. It has motion controls, great graphics and some great titles. The Wii has a staggering 197 activity games on sale for it as well as 19 fitness games compared to the PS3's 39 activity games and 5 fitness games on sale from GAME. These games are great in moderation but I like my gaming to be a bit deeper than that. There are 57 roleplay games on the PS3 to buy compared to the Wii's 24 and 198 shooter games compared to the Wii's 37. It also trumps the Wii in the number of action/adventure games. (Source: http:www.game.co.uk)

Movements such as Operation Rainfall demonstrate the general anger and dissapointment in the Wii's games or more acurately lack of games. As innovative as the console is it is first and foremost a gaming console not a "trend setter".

The abysmal online system for the Wii is uncomparable to PSN or even XBL. There is also a lack of mature games for the system. Instead of having a mix like the other consoles it seems mostly littered with first party titles with a few third party gems.

The Wii also manages to miss out on big games that come multiplat to its two other rivals such as:

Final Fantasy 13
Resident Evil 5
Fallout
Skyrim
Bioshock
Batman: Arkham Asylum
Battlefield
etc

I'm not really participating in this, because I have neither, but I agree with Epic Kirby.

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#105 Elric

Elric

The Golden Wizard

• Section Mods
  • 1,599 posts
  • Fandom:
    John mayer, Umineko

Posted 17 September 2011 - 06:26 AM

I say its time for more of a official topic for september that I have to debate for the debate team this year.

Justice should require the recognition of animal rights.

This would include factory farming, and animal testing.

fox.gif

#106 HaHa-No

HaHa-No

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 358 posts
  • Fandom:
    Lucky Star, Animal Crossing, Darkwave.

Posted 17 September 2011 - 07:28 AM

I say its time for more of a official topic for september that I have to debate for the debate team this year.

Justice should require the recognition of animal rights.

This would include factory farming, and animal testing.

All in favour, raise their hand.
*Raises hand*

http://www.20b.org/

^Click it

^I agree with this guy

You know you want to! 'Tis leaked Nintendo information!

#107 Brian6330

Brian6330

Piano playing Gamer

• Members
  • 1,533 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts Bastion BioShock

Posted 17 September 2011 - 11:01 AM

All in favour, raise their hand.
*Raises hand*

*Raises hand*

It's gonna be hard to find someone to debate about this, since most people will agree.

Why don't you try something like: Do you find Minecraft an awesome game or just some other stupid pc game with other graphics?

It's gonne be easier to debate stuff like that as many people will have different opinions...

#108 Elric

Elric

The Golden Wizard

• Section Mods
  • 1,599 posts
  • Fandom:
    John mayer, Umineko

Posted 17 September 2011 - 12:31 PM

( I will change the topic next week. Geuss what though, you have someone to debate.)

I stand in firm negation in the topic of: Justice should require the recognition of animal rights.

Point one, there are already laws to protect animal rights. Yep, there are already a set of laws protecting the rights of animals.

http://awic.nal.usda.gov/nal_display/index.php?info_center=3&tax_level=3&tax_subject=182&topic_id=1118&level3_id=6735&level4_id=0&level5_id=0&placement_default=0

The link should clear this up.

Point 2: Justice should not require the recognition of animal rights. Right now, we should focus more on the justice of human rights (Equality). Animals are important, but we must not let animals get our main focus when we still are struggling with human rights or equality for everyone.

Point 3: Animal testing is humane. Animals are kept in good condition, because if they were not in good condition they wouldn't be able to get good and accurate results from that certain animal.

fox.gif

#109 AMAC

AMAC

Pegasus

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Ponies, Mario, Professor Layton

Posted 17 September 2011 - 01:41 PM

It's gonna be hard to find someone to debate about this, since most people will agree.

I'll disagree then. :P I think that animal testing is a good thing. A lot of animal testing is done on health and beauty products, which many people consider to be essential. While animal testing is not ideal, the alternative is to test products on humans or for all of use to sacrifice those products. If we sacrificed products that are tested on animals, many firms would go out of business and jobs would be lost. The other alternative, of testing products on humans is not a viable option either. New products could be dangerous, and harm the people who use them. I'm all for animal rights, but I believe that the welfare of humans is more important. For that reason, I believe that animal testing should continue.

#110 HaHa-No

HaHa-No

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 358 posts
  • Fandom:
    Lucky Star, Animal Crossing, Darkwave.

Posted 18 September 2011 - 01:32 AM

Can I post a video?

This cat was put in a rescue clinic after being found outside a place rumored to be used for animal testing. That was written on the original upload that got deleted.
I find this quite a creepy coincidence, yes?

Edited by HaHa-No, 18 September 2011 - 01:33 AM.

http://www.20b.org/

^Click it

^I agree with this guy

You know you want to! 'Tis leaked Nintendo information!

#111 Elric

Elric

The Golden Wizard

• Section Mods
  • 1,599 posts
  • Fandom:
    John mayer, Umineko

Posted 18 September 2011 - 06:11 AM

There is no solid proof that in fact that cat was angry because he was being tested on, or being in a testing facility at all. It looked to be like a pound or animal shelter.

fox.gif

#112 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 18 September 2011 - 10:21 AM

Can I post a video?

This cat was put in a rescue clinic after being found outside a place rumored to be used for animal testing. That was written on the original upload that got deleted.
I find this quite a creepy coincidence, yes?

That cat is more likely to be feral than anything else. A feral cat will react like this because he's terrified, and he's not used to being caged.
An abused cat will usually respond to kindness fairly quickly.

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#113 Elric

Elric

The Golden Wizard

• Section Mods
  • 1,599 posts
  • Fandom:
    John mayer, Umineko

Posted 18 September 2011 - 12:52 PM

That cat is more likely to be feral than anything else. A feral cat will react like this because he's terrified, and he's not used to being caged.
An abused cat will usually respond to kindness fairly quickly.

*Forms debate alliance on the subject*

Wallers point is also accurate. Animal testing is perfectly humane. Also, Id like to bring up that it was a rumor that can be concretely proven and was removed.

Edited by superdarkyoshi, 18 September 2011 - 12:53 PM.

fox.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!