Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 19 July 2014 - 09:25 AM

Beta for PS3 been out for awhile, PS4 launched a few days ago, and it launches for the Xbox One Wednesday. So for those who are playing it already what do you thinK? Haven't been able to try it yet since it's downloading, but it's definitely going to be game of the year imo.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 01:43 PM

Is it downloadable for free on PS4/Xbone or do I need to give them monies and crap for the code?

Looking at gameplay and peoples impressions, I have to say Destiny could end up just like Titanfail - way overhyped by the game media.

What you end up with is a mix previous games mechanics and nothing new by the sound of it.

Edited by Toilet_Snaker, 19 July 2014 - 03:06 PM.

#3 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 19 July 2014 - 03:03 PM

Is it downloadable for free on PS4/Xbone or do I need to give them monies and crap for the code?

You can either have gotten the codes from preordering, or a friend can give you one of two extra codes they got for preordering. So ask around, maybe get one from somebody online. :o

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#4 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 19 July 2014 - 03:29 PM

Looking at gameplay and peoples impressions, I have to say Destiny could end up just like Titanfail - way overhyped by the game media.

What you end up with is a mix previous games mechanics and nothing new by the sound of it.

It's actually deserving of the hype. I've been playing since three and can't put it down .

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#5 iEatTacos

iEatTacos

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 724 posts
  • NNID:iEatTacos
  • Fandom:
    Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Legend Of Zelda

Posted 19 July 2014 - 04:06 PM

I've been playing for about a day now, and it is awesome. It combines two things I love, rpg elements and solid shooter mechanics. The graphics are very pretty, and I've experienced basically little to no bugs yet.

I'm playing the Titan class and boy is it a blast. I also love how you can interchange your armor and your stats carry over to the Crucible.

Definitely going to pre-order the Ghost Edition

#6 PyroKinesis

PyroKinesis

Boo

• Members
  • 534 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario Party, Animal Crossing

Posted 19 July 2014 - 06:05 PM

People need to Wii off with these vehicles on that moon map.

#7 Rizefall

Rizefall

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 06:17 PM

The game is very solid and it does a great job at combining Halo with Borderlands but i still dont think it lives up to the hype.I'm also pretty burnt out on FPS games and really would like something NEW. The beta was pretty lackluster in it's content and although it's "only a beta" does not justify how boring the gameplay really was. It's the same thing we've got from Halo and Borderlands for years now and if you like that sort of thing then go for it (i like it somewat), i just expected something more new and fun when it came to quests and missions but you pretty much choose a mission, walk to an area (pretty liniear even though the areas are mostly open but it does not change anything) protect something or kill a big enemy and you're done.

Wont be buying it at launch. Good thing i tried the beta cause this was supposed to be the game to make me buy a PS4.

#8 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendough and Gravy Falls

Posted 20 July 2014 - 07:56 AM

Here's wot i think

As someone who was in the alpha, I feel like the beta is nothing more than a few fixes and some extra missions, now also being a beta, it's obviously going to be nothing like the full version, it bums me out that it's going to turn off alot of people because of this. 

Now, I feel like the AI and Difficulty should be worked on some more. Even though stabbing multiple hive's in the face with one hit kills as tons of them came in from dropships, but it just didn't feel like enough challenge, and the enemies just wanted to run right into my face.

I still love the random multiplayer connections though, the dancing never ends.

The graphics are still stunning. I loved the cutscenes and the music. It feels like watching a movie, speaking of the cutscenes though:

I feel like the game is way too fast paced. They throw you into the game expecting you to know all the characters and exactly what happened, hopefully things will be explained more in the full version.

I do really like the gameplay, though. It's very fast paced and feels like being an action hero. The amount of skills are really nice too, the customization should be fun.

I'm still excited, just keeping in mind how it's just a beta.

794144.png?13383682

#9 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 20 July 2014 - 09:51 AM

Just got done playing the multiplayer mdoe annd it's fantastic It has a halo 2-esque feel to it and it's addicting.

Here's wot i think

As someone who was in the alpha, I feel like the beta is nothing more than a few fixes and some extra missions, now also being a beta, it's obviously going to be nothing like the full version, it bums me out that it's going to turn off alot of people because of this. 

Now, I feel like the AI and Difficulty should be worked on some more. Even though stabbing multiple hive's in the face with one hit kills as tons of them came in from dropships, but it just didn't feel like enough challenge, and the enemies just wanted to run right into my face.

I still love the random multiplayer connections though, the dancing never ends.

The graphics are still stunning. I loved the cutscenes and the music. It feels like watching a movie, speaking of the cutscenes though:

I feel like the game is way too fast paced. They throw you into the game expecting you to know all the characters and exactly what happened, hopefully things will be explained more in the full version.

I do really like the gameplay, though. It's very fast paced and feels like being an action hero. The amount of skills are really nice too, the customization should be fun.

I'm still excited, just keeping in mind how it's just a beta.

I actually think the game's speed pacing if pretty good. You are going on up against so much rainbow, so it's fitting that the games pacing should be quick.

People need to Wii off with these vehicles on that moon map.

Why? Vechicles aren't that hard too kill.

#10 PyroKinesis

PyroKinesis

Boo

• Members
  • 534 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 20 July 2014 - 07:32 PM

You kidding me? You get in the Interceptor and unless you suck, you are in that thing the whole game.

#11 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 10:51 PM

the biggest mistake is the FIRST PERSON only... it should be both, like every other mmo... (wow, eso, wildstar, etc) That is why I would never buy it.

#12 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 21 July 2014 - 03:25 PM

Just got done playing the multiplayer mdoe annd it's fantastic It has a halo 2-esque feel to it and it's addicting.

I actually think the game's speed pacing if pretty good. You are going on up against so much rainbow, so it's fitting that the games pacing should be quick.

Why? Vechicles aren't that hard too kill.

I played more last night and I can definitely say I agree with you now. It really feels like you're truly a powerful "Guardian"

And the strike mission was so good I broke my R2 button.

794144.png?13383682

#13 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 21 July 2014 - 05:09 PM

You kidding me? You get in the Interceptor and unless you suck, you are in that thing the whole game.

I have no problem destroying it. Maybe you need to practice more. 

I played more last night and I can definitely say I agree with you now. It really feels like you're truly a powerful "Guardian"

And the strike mission was so good I broke my R2 button.

The music is also organism-worthy.

Sucks that the beta is down tho.

Edited by Zinix, 21 July 2014 - 05:09 PM.

#14 PyroKinesis

PyroKinesis

Boo

• Members
  • 534 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 21 July 2014 - 05:11 PM

Practice what more? Going out of my way to destroy vehicles that have overshields? I feel like I'm playing Battlefield when the moon map pops up, and that's not a good thing.

A fast-paced game like this should have fast-to-destroy vehicles.

And don't tell me to use my super, because I'm not wasting it on a vehicle.

Maybe you need to practice more.

And stop making 100 threads a day.

But that's none of my business.

Bs7IL2XIQAEIvxR.jpg

#15 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 21 July 2014 - 05:41 PM

Practice what more? Going out of my way to destroy vehicles that have overshields? I feel like I'm playing Battlefield when the moon map pops up, and that's not a good thing.

A fast-paced game like this should have fast-to-destroy vehicles.

And don't tell me to use my super, because I'm not wasting it on a vehicle.

Maybe you need to practice more.

And stop making 100 threads a day.

But that's none of my business.

Bs7IL2XIQAEIvxR.jpg

OR it could be that you just suck, maybe that's it. 

#16 PyroKinesis

PyroKinesis

Boo

• Members
  • 534 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 21 July 2014 - 05:47 PM

Dude, it's pretty unanimous around the Destiny community that the Interceptor is overpowered.

#17 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 22 July 2014 - 07:46 AM

The music is also organism-worthy.

Sucks that the beta is down tho.

I knoooooooooooooooow

I sat for like, half an hour in orbit just mellowing out to the soundtrack.

794144.png?13383682

#18 iEatTacos

iEatTacos

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 724 posts
  • NNID:iEatTacos
  • Fandom:
    Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Legend Of Zelda

Posted 22 July 2014 - 09:11 AM

Played some crucible games and enjoyed it every much. This game offers all I want, solid story, solid multiplayer, and a mmo atmosphere. BUNGIE really hit a home run with this one

#19 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 22 July 2014 - 08:42 PM

Online footage g8.

Do you guys any links to the soundtrack of the game?

Played some crucible games and enjoyed it every much. This game offers all I want, solid story, solid multiplayer, and a mmo atmosphere. BUNGIE really hit a home run with this one

Going to be game of the year easily. Glad Bungie got away from Microsoft.

#20 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 24 July 2014 - 10:37 PM

I made this during the alpha btw, squeakuel coming soon.

794144.png?13383682

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!