• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 CanadianTurtle

CanadianTurtle

Goomba

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 11:23 PM

Hey everyone, I'm a new member here, and here to stay. I've been looking for a nice Nintendo community for a while since I'll be getting a WiiU sometime this winter, and thought it'd be great to discuss Nintendo related stuff with fellow gamers. 

I used to play a lot of very violent M-rated games for the past 6 years or so. But recently, I just got really bored of playing them since that's all I played for the past several years. I guess you can say that I'm feeling a bit stale due to the over-saturation of the same old FPS games on the market. 
It was ever since a few months ago where I went to my friend's party and we played SmashBros.Melee together, and it made me remember how much fun "couch gaming" was. It rejuvenated my love for playing NIntendo titles. Ever since then, I had the craving to buy a WiiU, especially with the release of the new MarioKart (which looks outstanding). Also really looking forward to the upcoming Smashbros and Starfox WiiU.

So yeah, let me know something about yourselves as well!

#2 genev

genev

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 92 posts
  • Fandom:
    Legend of zelda,final fantasy,pokemon

Posted 30 July 2014 - 11:48 PM

Welcome to the forum! You should definitely buy a wii u, it has amazing games you won't regret it ;) .

'' It is dangerous to be right in matters where established men are wrong.''

Voltaire

#3 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 31 July 2014 - 02:27 AM

Hey everyone, I'm a new member here, and here to stay. I've been looking for a nice Nintendo community for a while since I'll be getting a WiiU sometime this winter, and thought it'd be great to discuss Nintendo related stuff with fellow gamers. 

I used to play a lot of very violent M-rated games for the past 6 years or so. But recently, I just got really bored of playing them since that's all I played for the past several years. I guess you can say that I'm feeling a bit stale due to the over-saturation of the same old FPS games on the market. 
It was ever since a few months ago where I went to my friend's party and we played SmashBros.Melee together, and it made me remember how much fun "couch gaming" was. It rejuvenated my love for playing NIntendo titles. Ever since then, I had the craving to buy a WiiU, especially with the release of the new MarioKart (which looks outstanding). Also really looking forward to the upcoming Smashbros and Starfox WiiU.

So yeah, let me know something about yourselves as well!

Welcome man. Look forward to seeing you around. :)

Also like bbfan said, you won't regret getting a Wii U. Especially for the insansely cheap prices it's going for these days.

Heck I could get like double the Wii U related stuff if I paid as much now as I did in launch window.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#4 elvisbeck

elvisbeck

Blooper

• Members
  • 160 posts
  • NNID:elvisdavebeck
  • Fandom:
    Super Mario, Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh!

Posted 31 July 2014 - 04:26 AM

Welcome!
Hi, I'm Dave. If you wish to add me to your Wii U Friend List, my NNID is elvisdavebeck. Don't forget to subscribe to my YouTube channel: http://www.YouTube.com/user/elvisbeck., where I play Nintendo games and more.

#5 Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dat Mario Kart Life.

Posted 31 July 2014 - 05:32 PM

Welcome!! It's nice to see someone come back to the true side of gaming. Lol. I hope you do stay here for a while and post a lot. Also definitely get a Wii U, so many good games and still a lot to come.

zZJ9pHB.png
Special thanks to Horchata. I appreciate it so much.

#6 CanadianTurtle

CanadianTurtle

Goomba

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 07:10 PM

Thanks everyone! And yes, I definitely will get a WiiU. I've been saving up for it, I'm just waiting for the "gamecube controller adapter" to be released, as well as SuperSmashBros:WiiU. I'll be getting it as soon as those 2 items become released.

Also, I used to have a Nintendo Wii a couple years back. I sold it because I thought I wouldn't play it anymore (big mistake, as I regret it dearly). I wanted to replay the Mario Galaxy series, and play SmashBros Brawl again. I feel like I didn't appreciate Brawl as much back then, but now I'm excited more than ever to play it again. Good thing the WiiU is backwards compatible 

#7 Atticus

Atticus

Game Genie

• Members
  • 372 posts
  • NNID:Atticus242
  • Fandom:
    Wii U, 3DS, Xbox 360, WWE

Posted 31 July 2014 - 07:32 PM

Welcome to the forum! You should definitely buy a wii u, it has amazing games you won't regret it ;) .

This!

Also, I used to have a Nintendo Wii a couple years back. I sold it because I thought I wouldn't play it anymore (big mistake, as I regret it dearly). I wanted to replay the Mario Galaxy series, and play SmashBros Brawl again. I feel like I didn't appreciate Brawl as much back then, but now I'm excited more than ever to play it again. Good thing the WiiU is backwards compatible 

Same here. Welcome.

#8 Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dat Mario Kart Life.

Posted 31 July 2014 - 09:51 PM

I have sold a lot as a kid. I never sell anything now since I was a teen because I would always want to play everything again and buy whatever I sold over again. I just keep everything now and I never had that problem. I wanna play a game and I don't have to worry about finding or buying it again.

So don't sell your stuff anymore. You will thank yourself in the future for sure.

zZJ9pHB.png
Special thanks to Horchata. I appreciate it so much.

#9 Ecorsbie

Ecorsbie

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 09:53 PM

I hate to beat a dead horse, but I have to also say, you won't regret getting a Wii U.  Its a great system with huge potential.  Smash bros for wii u is going to be epic!!  Some great games out now though too!!

I hate to beat a dead horse, but I have to also say, you won't regret getting a Wii U.  Its a great system with huge potential.  Smash bros for wii u is going to be epic!!  Some great games out now though too!!

#10 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 31 July 2014 - 10:08 PM

Huh commented the sqme thing three times i a row...

Really doubt that "I hate to beat a dead horse" thing... :P

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#11 iEatTacos

iEatTacos

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 724 posts
  • NNID:iEatTacos
  • Fandom:
    Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Legend Of Zelda

Posted 01 August 2014 - 09:52 PM

I was in the same boat as you about a year ago. Then I got a Wii U and I can say it definitely fills that void in your video gaming life. Wii U has games you just can't get anywhere else. Have a great time on the forums and I'll see ya around

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!