• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 StarFoxWiiU1

StarFoxWiiU1

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 06:32 PM

A lot of people find this mistake and say "oh Nintendo has abandoned the hardcore gamers with the Wii and they went all casual" the truth is that

1. Nintendo lost a lot of money with the Gamecube that's why graphics in the Wii are not to be compare with the 360/PS3.

2. A lot of third-party make games that look like crap on the Wii because they don't put effort to it.

3. Nintendo said that the Wii was never about to be a "casual" console, they said it was about to be a console that target everyone.

#2 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 02 January 2012 - 07:13 PM

1. Nintendo lost a lot of money with the Gamecube that's why graphics in the Wii are not to be compare with the 360/PS3.

Err, not quite. The Wii did not recieve the HD treatment because not everyone had HDTV's at release time. As such, the games themselves couldn't get HD treatment. And thus why it didn't really compare.

2. A lot of third-party make games that look like crap on the Wii because they don't put effort to it.

I don't graphics were the emphasis of the Wii in the first place. As long as the game felt like it was using motion controls, Nintendo was more than happy to let them end up on the shelf, no matter how bad.

Then you have games like Monster Hunter Tri, Xenoblade, Crystal Chronicles, The Last Story, Pandora's Tower, Lost in Shadow, and even mainstream Black Ops that had stunning graphics for the Wii.

3. Nintendo said that the Wii was never about to be a "casual" console, they said it was about to be a console that target everyone.

Yes, but this also created a whole lot of room for shovelware, which heavily outweighed the games a core gamer would prefer. Walk into your local game store, and check out the ratio of casual to core games between the Wii and PS3 libraries.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#3 Gruff

Gruff

Jigglypuff

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Animal Crossing, SSB, Nintendo

Posted 02 January 2012 - 08:26 PM

Me, personally, I find the Wii to be a very hardcore system. Why does games like Wii Fit or Wii Sports have to make the Wii not hardcore. There are plenty of hardcore games for Wii, maybe not as many as the PS3 or 360, but the Wii is still got it's hardcore side to it. Games like Smash Bros and Zelda are hardcore, and anybody that says there not is completely wrong. Anyway, I agree with you.

Villager.jpgBleh eh eh.

#4 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 08:49 PM

-

Edited by BassDropper, 05 September 2013 - 01:20 AM.

#5 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 02 January 2012 - 09:30 PM

the title of this topic has the exact title of a youtube vid :P

Posted Image

#6 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 02 January 2012 - 09:44 PM

http://www.youtube.c...nel_video_title

... No it doesn't.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#7 HaoSenVastForest

HaoSenVastForest

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 686 posts
  • Fandom:
    Everything LoZ!!!

Posted 03 January 2012 - 03:18 PM

... No it doesn't.

yeah it does.....

Posted Image

In a world of Gray and black there is nothing here to take back...

(Words from your local demon and leader of the army of darkness)

#8 Link707

Link707

Boo

• Members
  • 585 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, F-Zero, SSB, Mario etc.

Posted 03 January 2012 - 03:53 PM

http://www.youtube.c...nel_video_title

nice!!!!
Also we cant help that nintendo didnt include hd as motion tech was expensive back then but they want to reclaim whats lost with wii u

Posted Image

#9 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 03 January 2012 - 08:25 PM

No, black ops on wii has kinda bad graphics. Modern Warfare 3 has great graphics for a wii game.

Edited by Sportsgamer, 07 January 2012 - 06:45 PM.

#10 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 January 2012 - 07:53 AM

Ok so I'm a Nintendo loyalist and I have a GameCube and Wii and want to play grand theft auto..... How do I do that. Oh that's right I have to go out and buy another console to achieve that.

#11 Deadly Virus

Deadly Virus

Boo

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Fandom:
    3D Mario, Metroid, F-Zero, Pokémon, SSB

Posted 06 January 2012 - 08:19 AM

I agree that Nintendo didn't necessarily abandon the hardcore with the Wii. If you look back at videos from 2005/2006 you see that Nintendo's intention with the Wii was never a casual console. They wanted it to be strictly about the gameplay, which is why they didn't focus on graphics. Unfortunately this meant that the third party abandoned the hardcore on the Wii. They weren't too interested in making Wii exclusives and the typical PS3/360 game is near impossible to port to Wii without messing something up about it, so many just didn't bother or made shovelware. If you look at the library of Nintendo games on the Wii, it's easily almost as hardcore as the Gamecube, though the lack of series such as F-Zero and Star Fox brings it down a bit. With decent third party support, the Wii could have been a much more respected console.

And I also don't think that Nintendo HAD to make a console like the Wii. The N64 failed pretty hard in comparison to the PS1, yet they still managed to build the powerhouse of a console that the Gamecube was. Likewise I think Nintendo could have easily recovered from their losses during the Gamecube era and gave us a HD, high tech console that could have competed with PS3 and 360, but Nintendo has never been one to just do things the way the other companies are doing them.

IMO the Wii U is already looking better than both GC and Wii in this regard. The fact that practically all the games showed off at E3 2011 were hardcore in some way, and that for the first time fans are seriously considering that a major GTA game might make it's way to a Nintendo console, proves that the Wii U will hopefully deliver a much more hardcore experience than almost all of Nintendo's previous consoles.

Posted Image

#12 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 07 January 2012 - 06:51 PM

Ok so I'm a Nintendo loyalist and I have a GameCube and Wii and want to play grand theft auto..... How do I do that. Oh that's right I have to go out and buy another console to achieve that.

That's why all of Take Two's Centers need to support Wii U, 2k sport,s 2k, Rockstar, etc.

#13 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 January 2012 - 09:18 PM

That's why all of Take Two's Centers need to support Wii U, 2k sport,s 2k, Rockstar, etc.

true

#14 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 07 January 2012 - 10:44 PM

I luv T2.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users