12 replies to this topic

#1 risingoat

risingoat

Goomba

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 05:00 AM

Hi, everyone!

My name is David and I am member of Risin' Goat, a game studio based in Spain. We have been working for 1 year in A Rite from the Stars, an adventure game for Wii U & PC platforms.

The game action is set in the mystical Island of Kaikala where Kirm, a mute boy from the Makoa tribe has to overcome a series of challenges in order to become a legend among his people.

You can find more information, videos, gameplay, screenshots and download demos of the game in our Kickstarter page. We sincerely hope you like the game:

https://www.kickstar...rite-from-th...

Cheers!
David - Risin' Goat

#2 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 14 August 2014 - 04:32 PM

This looks really good! I love the real time lighting, it looks soo nice.

Thanks for sharing :)

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#3 risingoat

risingoat

Goomba

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 03:38 AM

This looks really good! I love the real time lighting, it looks soo nice.

Thanks for sharing :)

We are glad you like it, Rob00t!

Cheers!

Risin' Goat

#4 Akazury

Akazury

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 352 posts
  • NNID:Akazury
  • Fandom:
    Pikmin, The Legend of Zelda, Pokémon

Posted 15 August 2014 - 04:50 AM

I love it, too bad I'm not in a eligible country

Everything can change, but I'm never changing who I am

#5 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 15 August 2014 - 05:27 AM

Looks pretty cool. I'm downloading the demo now, might not get to try it tonight though.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#6 iEatTacos

iEatTacos

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 724 posts
  • NNID:iEatTacos
  • Fandom:
    Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Legend Of Zelda

Posted 15 August 2014 - 06:55 PM

Looks snazzy, I'll keep my eyes on this

#7 Akazury

Akazury

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 352 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 18 August 2014 - 11:20 AM

I've played the demo a bit, it seems like its a point and click but the controls also contain fire aswell as walking with the arrows. Is this something that has yet to be implemented or is the demo contained to the point and click movement? Overall I like the asthetic and the first stages show something very interesting I really hope that you reach your goal.

Edited by Akazury, 18 August 2014 - 11:20 AM.

#8 risingoat

risingoat

Goomba

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 03:18 AM

I love it, too bad I'm not in a eligible country

Glad to hear you like it. And it is a shame you are able to support it via Kickstarter. You can still do by sharing the project in your social networks, if you like. We'd appreciate it!

Cheers!

David - Risin' Goat

Looks pretty cool. I'm downloading the demo now, might not get to try it tonight though.

I hope you liked the demo. Any feedback you can share about it?

Cheers!

David - Risin' Goat

Looks snazzy, I'll keep my eyes on this

Great! Have you tried the demo? It is available to download from our Kickstarter page:

https://www.kickstar...aphic-adventure

Cheers!

David - Risin' Goat

I've played the demo a bit, it seems like its a point and click but the controls also contain fire aswell as walking with the arrows. Is this something that has yet to be implemented or is the demo contained to the point and click movement? Overall I like the asthetic and the first stages show something very interesting I really hope that you reach your goal.

Hi, Akazury! We are still considering using both point & click and WASD or Arrow keys movement. I still cannot assure you it will feature it in the final release, but I can honestly say we are considering it. Glad you like the game and thanks for your good wishes!

Cheers!

David - Risin' Goat

#9 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 26 August 2014 - 05:28 AM

I hope you liked the demo. Any feedback you can share about it?

Cheers!

David - Risin' Goat

I do like the art style and character design (particularly of the protagonist). The controls seem a bit odd to me, it seems from your Kickstarter page that you are influenced by point and click adventure games but I don't feel like it works well with the 3D levels as I found myself wanting to control the character with WASD instead of clicking. Of course that would mean changing the design of some of the puzzles (the monkey one for example) so I'm not sure if such a change to the control scheme would work with the way the game is designed at this point.

I did feel lost going in to each of the puzzles and I couldn't complete any of them. Either the puzzles are going over my head or it's the design of the puzzles that are the problem, I'm leaning towards the latter as it felt that they were trial and error. I got to a point with the monkey puzzle in which I couldn't find anywhere to click to move either character so I gave up on that, the light puzzle I gave up on after not having a clue what I was supposed to do; I figured I was supposed to shine them on the center but that didn't do anything and the statues green and red eyes didn't give me any help. I looked at the Kickstarter page after playing the game and I saw a screenshot relating to the spirit puzzle that I think could help me with it.

For an alpha it has a lot of potential and hopefully it can be improved even further as it grows closer to completion.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#10 Akazury

Akazury

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 352 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 26 August 2014 - 05:35 AM

I did feel lost going in to each of the puzzles and I couldn't complete any of them. Either the puzzles are going over my head or it's the design of the puzzles that are the problem, I'm leaning towards the latter as it felt that they were trial and error. I got to a point with the monkey puzzle in which I couldn't find anywhere to click to move either character so I gave up on that, the light puzzle I gave up on after not having a clue what I was supposed to do; I figured I was supposed to shine them on the center but that didn't do anything and the statues green and red eyes didn't give me any help. I looked at the Kickstarter page after playing the game and I saw a screenshot relating to the spirit puzzle that I think could help me with it.

For an alpha it has a lot of potential and hopefully it can be improved even further as it grows closer to completion.

The spirit one, with the light is actually very easy once you notice one simple thing. I suggest clicking on the statue that holds one of the mirror thingy's as the lights beams have colors that match with the four colors on the statue. The Monkey I never completed and the swamp one I guess you need to get lucky cause I've had moments that I got it in no time and others that I spend ten minutes clicking and giving up.

#11 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 26 August 2014 - 08:33 PM

The spirit one, with the light is actually very easy once you notice one simple thing. I suggest clicking on the statue that holds one of the mirror thingy's as the lights beams have colors that match with the four colors on the statue. The Monkey I never completed and the swamp one I guess you need to get lucky cause I've had moments that I got it in no time and others that I spend ten minutes clicking and giving up.

Four colours? I did notice the eye colour but both statues had green and red eyes so I wasn't sure what to do with the blue and yellow. I might try it again soon.

Did you get stuck on the monkey one too? It go to the point where there weren't any places left to click, I think there's a specific way to complete it and I guess you cannot do it any other way but it seems a bit odd if that is the case.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#12 Akazury

Akazury

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 352 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 27 August 2014 - 12:13 AM

Four colours? I did notice the eye colour but both statues had green and red eyes so I wasn't sure what to do with the blue and yellow. I might try it again soon.

Did you get stuck on the monkey one too? It go to the point where there weren't any places left to click, I think there's a specific way to complete it and I guess you cannot do it any other way but it seems a bit odd if that is the case.

Nope I just kept getting hit and needed to start over so many times that I gave up xD

#13 risingoat

risingoat

Goomba

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 08:41 AM

I do like the art style and character design (particularly of the protagonist). The controls seem a bit odd to me, it seems from your Kickstarter page that you are influenced by point and click adventure games but I don't feel like it works well with the 3D levels as I found myself wanting to control the character with WASD instead of clicking. Of course that would mean changing the design of some of the puzzles (the monkey one for example) so I'm not sure if such a change to the control scheme would work with the way the game is designed at this point.

Hi again, CUD!

First of all, thank so much for your feedback. We have thought about using WASD controls as well as point and click, and that is still something to be decided. We will take your feedback into account.

On the other hand, we have received some feedback saying the puzzles were a bit difficult but, on the other hand, we have tested and seen players solving them quite fast. So it is a very thin line between being too easy and too hard for most people. Again, we will consider your feedback when re-leveling the game.

Finally, let me just tell you that there is always a logic behind every puzzle in our game. You might need to find a clue though. 

Thank you and cheers!!!

David - Risin' Goat

I guess Akazury has a point on the wisdom puzzle, not the spirit one, btw. ;)

With regards to the monkey, you might like to read Hoku's tip in the beginning of the level. And about the swamp, you need to pay attention to the tempo. That level resets every time you play it, so you cannot learn the pattern.

Cheers!

David - Risin' Goat

Nope I just kept getting hit and needed to start over so many times that I gave up xD

You might like to try and interact with the monkey, as suggested in the beginning of the level. ;o)

• CUD likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!