Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • NNID:Lupaie
  • Fandom:
    Banjo, F-Zero, Gears, Bioshock and Zelda

Posted 26 August 2014 - 11:51 PM

I've spend my young years playing Double Dragon, Mario Bros, Zelda and Mega man on NES. When I grew up, the Supernes took its place and after that the N64. Playing lots of Nintendo quality games kinda formed my gaming character. Yet, when in puberty and many years after that, I just could not be satisfied by only playing Nintendo games. That's when the PS2 and Xbox360 entered my life with games such as GT, GTA, Forza, Gears, Assassins Creed and Mass Effect. By the end of it things where really getting too dull for me and that's why I returned to Nintendo once more (My kids still played 3ds and Wii so Nintendo never was too far away).

With the WiiU I choose to be limited to a couple of games only Nintendo could deliver, and even so, I still got surprised by non-typical Nintendo games such as Wonderfull101 and Monster Hunter. Great games!

Now...I was seeing all those PS4 games and some of them triggered my imagination more than others. I've had much fun with GTA in my younger years so I tried to see how GTA5 was on my Xbox360.

I'm lost. I really don't enjoy that game. Neither do some of it's newer shooters. Am I back where I started? Did my taste in videogames evolve? Anyway, I'm having more fun now with typical, unique, quirky, fun games with great gameplay than I ever had. So I feel right at home with my WiiU, and I think that PS4 can wait, maybe indefinite.

Edited by Lupaie, 26 August 2014 - 11:52 PM.

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left

#2 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 27 August 2014 - 03:46 AM

For me, I started getting into the PS3 stuff in my teenage years, but I don't think it was due to me actually enjoying the games more, I think I was just led by peer pressure. If I try to play a lot of games I did back then I probably get bored really fast. Nowdays I honestly don't care about what I play and just enjoy the games I enjoy. Maybe what you went through was, as they say "Just a phase".

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#3 TibetanMonk

TibetanMonk

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 07:56 AM

I also grew up with Nintendo games on the SNES and N64. A couple of years later I switched to PS2 and after that bought my first console myself, which was the PS3. I actually had the Ps4 pre-ordered also, but decided to cancel and buy a Wii U instead.

The Wii U doesn't have many games, but the games it does have are really fun. I can spend so many hours on them, unlike third party (And a couple of first party) PS titles. I have bought so MANY games for the Ps3 at their launch only to get bored with them a couple of days later. In fact, I sold most of those games a couple of months later. They just weren't worth keeping. Again unlike the Wii U titles, which I will never sell.

I'm real happy I'm back on a quality Nintendo system with quality games. I will never switch to PS or Xbox again after this. No matter what people say about the Wii U, it's the best system this gen IMO.

It seems that everyone who grew up with Nintendo, will switch back to them at some point in their life.

#4 MarvelofMan

MarvelofMan

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 37 posts
  • NNID:MarvelofMan

Posted 27 August 2014 - 01:57 PM

Personally I felt GTA 5 was a game without a soul, very superficial qualitites. That's just me. 

As ive got older the Playstation & Xbox scene does nothing for me at all. Most of the time people get so worked up about displays and in game specs rather than the playability in those camps. Nintendo offers exactly what i look for in a game and that is fun.

Wii U doesnt need all the glitz or glammer, just the it's core gaming values. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!