Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 14 September 2014 - 08:37 AM

Now that Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS is out on, well, the 3DS in Japan, people are playing it. And some of those people are reporting that the game is resulting in broken Slide Pads.

The Slide Pad is a defining feature for the 3DS, and according to some Super Smash Bros. owners, it doesn't appear strong enough to stand up to what the game dishes out.

Players, like Twitter user ZELDA96320045 (below), are even seeing their Slide Pads coming off during the demo. Last week, this was reported on Japanese internet forum 2ch. After the game went on sale this weekend, there have been further 2ch reports of this happening.

Others experienced Slide Pad destruction on the day the game was released in Japan.

http://kotaku.com/su...dium=Socialflow

Wii

would

you

to purchase

more 3DSs

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 14 September 2014 - 08:39 AM

http://thewiiu.com/t...lidepad-mayhem/

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#3 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 14 September 2014 - 08:39 AM

That's not really the fault of Smash Bros.

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#4 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 14 September 2014 - 10:56 AM

Simple.
Don't play that damn hard on the game lol.

I think the same thing happen with the GameCube controllers.
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#5 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 11:05 AM

loltaku

didn't read

#6 iEatTacos

iEatTacos

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 724 posts
  • NNID:iEatTacos
  • Fandom:
    Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Legend Of Zelda

Posted 14 September 2014 - 12:54 PM

I've been playing the Demo quite extensively the past 2 days, and I am having zero problems. The slide pad, buttons are all holding up well.

Then again I don't put 100 pounds of pressure on the hand held while playing

#7 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 01:01 PM

It really isn't that hard to damage the slidepad, mine already is a little warped. I wonder if the New 3DS has an improved slidepad.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#8 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 01:03 PM

Had my 3ds for 2 years and no signs of any wear. I'm not an idiot with my stuff

#9 AdmiralClassy

AdmiralClassy

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 807 posts
  • NNID:AdmiralClassy
  • Fandom:
    Dragon ball Z, Nintendo, One Piece

Posted 14 September 2014 - 02:03 PM

Simple solution, don't slam it so damn hard!

I've been playing for the demo for a while now and it's had no adverse effects to my 3ds' circle pad.
I doubt that when I buy the full game on 3ds and play it extensively it will cause problems, the real problems are the people not the game imo. 

Shing Shong For Smash 4!

Honk For Ponk!

NNid AdmiralClassy
Psn AdmiralClassy

Steam AdmiralClassy

#10 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 02:43 PM

Simple.
Don't play that damn hard on the game lol.

I think the same thing happen with the GameCube controllers.

it took alot longer for this to happen to gamecube controlers.

#11 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 02:51 PM

I have controllers older than half the people in this forum that look and work the same as the day I got them. How is it some people destroy controllers within a couple years? I mean when I worked at Gamestop I met a guy who took his Phat DS on a climb up Mtn Everest and it survived just fine while his other equipment did not.  Yet few days later a guy walks in with a broken DS he had a month becaus ehis 9 year old broke it. An Original Game Boy survived a Grenade in iraq. The HELL do some people do? I am truly baffled.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!