• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#21 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 11:39 AM

WTF is with a bunch a people on Wii U forums without a Wii U? Esp a staff member? Makes no sense lol :blink: :wacko:

Ninty 3DS fans, people who are hyped for games but haven't bought one yet, like a large chunk of the SSB crowd.

#22 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 11:48 AM

They seem like two different games to me. I don't see the point in comparing them. Both are probably going to be great anyway. On the subject of Final Fantasy XV, this is probably the most i've been excited about a Final Fantasy game in a very long time. It's an interesting concept, a fantasy world based on reality. The characters move so smoothly in combat and the graphics are pretty gorgeous.  I think it's going to be pretty cool. Xenoblade X looks pretty cool too (even though I don't have a Wii U).

Yeah, I always have a soft spot for reality based fantasy too.

People arent comparing the games, just the visual themes, which 15 very blatantly 'borrowed' from Xenoblade and X.

Its pretty conspicuous too. The game was shown off many times before, had nothing remotely X like about it. It dissapears for an extended period of time after X is shown off, and resurfaces with a new director and X styled imagery duct taped all over it. Thats what we are comparing.

And while we are mocking the blatant copying and car full of beleiber fanboys a little, I know I would be lying if I said aping X wasnt working, it appeals to me much, MUCH more than it did pre X copying.

UNFORTUNATELY, unlike X... Its not looking like its going to be remotely close to X in terms of open world exploration... Or even open world at all.

Given all of the interviews, and now the latest trailer, it does indeed look to be styled after the action games Nomura keeps likening it too, complete with an on rails adventure, and that highway looks like its your rails, looks like you get off when the game tells you can, tells you to go do your scripted events in the scripted areas and missions, and then get right back on the rails to go to the next attraction.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#23 DarkMagician77

DarkMagician77

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 12:15 PM

FF15 most definitely drew inspiration from Xenoblade Chronicles.  It maybe a step or two above XBC in terms of graphics but originality and gameplay seems to favor XBC over FF15.   Also with SE predictable and cliche plots recently; XBC also is a step above that!!!  It's gonna be a good battle between these 2 rpgs.  I think XBC will out score FF15 in reviews but FF15 will mosdef win in the sales dept.  I predict XBC will sell between 1.2-1.5 mil units lifetime and FF15 will get >5mil easily

Edited by DarkMagician77, 19 September 2014 - 12:22 PM.

#24 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 19 September 2014 - 02:05 PM

WTF is with a bunch a people on Wii U forums without a Wii U? Esp a staff member? Makes no sense lol :blink: :wacko:

Right? Here we are, constantly talking about how the Wii U has the best lineup of games for the next couple months and how they deserve more sales and many amongst could help solve the problem lol.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#25 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 19 September 2014 - 02:29 PM

Little do u know thewiiu.com redirects to ps4xbonefanboys.com

Right? Here we are, constantly talking about how the Wii U has the best lineup of games for the next couple months and how they deserve more sales and many amongst could help solve the problem lol.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#26 DarkMagician77

DarkMagician77

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 05:43 PM

Yeah, I always have a soft spot for reality based fantasy too.

People arent comparing the games, just the visual themes, which 15 very blatantly 'borrowed' from Xenoblade and X.

Its pretty conspicuous too. The game was shown off many times before, had nothing remotely X like about it. It dissapears for an extended period of time after X is shown off, and resurfaces with a new director and X styled imagery duct taped all over it. Thats what we are comparing.

And while we are mocking the blatant copying and car full of beleiber fanboys a little, I know I would be lying if I said aping X wasnt working, it appeals to me much, MUCH more than it did pre X copying.

UNFORTUNATELY, unlike X... Its not looking like its going to be remotely close to X in terms of open world exploration... Or even open world at all.

Given all of the interviews, and now the latest trailer, it does indeed look to be styled after the action games Nomura keeps likening it too, complete with an on rails adventure, and that highway looks like its your rails, looks like you get off when the game tells you can, tells you to go do your scripted events in the scripted areas and missions, and then get right back on the rails to go to the next attraction.

3Dude summed it up pretty well; you just left out the part where plot and strory will be typical SE where it either confuses the hell out of you with so many twist; or a boring, predictable cliched script that once again is covered in eye candy.  Seriously think that SE had gone downhill since letting go of Sakaguchi san.

They seem like two different games to me. I don't see the point in comparing them. Both are probably going to be great anyway. On the subject of Final Fantasy XV, this is probably the most i've been excited about a Final Fantasy game in a very long time. It's an interesting concept, a fantasy world based on reality. The characters move so smoothly in combat and the graphics are pretty gorgeous.  I think it's going to be pretty cool. Xenoblade X looks pretty cool too (even though I don't have a Wii U).

check out the two videos I posted earlier; FF15 design is really influenced by XBC and XB!!!

#27 iEatTacos

iEatTacos

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 724 posts
  • NNID:iEatTacos
  • Fandom:
    Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Legend Of Zelda

Posted 19 September 2014 - 07:57 PM

Even better

2419876-aturjs.gif
i0qQkj2Eo6sIM.gif

OH. MY. GOD.

#28 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 08:29 PM

OH. MY. GOD.

i3B9NRolau8vi.gif

xcx02_by_onilink888-d7lx472.gif

ibyh1CoJYpe3HU.gif

#29 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 19 September 2014 - 09:14 PM

OH. MY. GOD.

i3B9NRolau8vi.gif

xcx02_by_onilink888-d7lx472.gif

ibyh1CoJYpe3HU.gif

Unngggg that waterfall looks so beautiful... gimme a minute...

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#30 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 19 September 2014 - 10:15 PM

Xenoblade Chronicles X for sexiest game of all time.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#31 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • NNID:AwewomeMii
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 20 September 2014 - 05:07 PM

Holy crap, FFXV. Honestly, those are some of the best graphics I have ever seen. I mean, Luna looked like a real person! Like, I had to remember it's a videogame for a second. And of course, the "fantasy in reality" setting. Obviously X will be better, but this is the first game since the KI:U reveal that has blown my mind.

Some people always have a cellphone on them. I'm so awesome I always have a 3DS.
Signature_Portal1.png
Check out my blog! Portal's Portal

#32 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 08:21 PM

Holy crap, FFXV. Honestly, those are some of the best graphics I have ever seen. I mean, Luna looked like a real person! Like, I had to remember it's a videogame for a second. And of course, the "fantasy in reality" setting. Obviously X will be better, but this is the first game since the KI:U reveal that has blown my mind.

Well, yeah, the cutscene hq models are very clearly going to be mint in a game like this. Tasty tasty mint.

But the game does look really good in a lot of ways... And thats just this trailer, which is very clearly using a lot of unfinished assets. If nothing else, ffXV will very clearly be one heck of a looker.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#33 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 09:10 PM

The art direction is kinda lame tho. Nothing looked real at all just nice hi rez character models. However those fields looked no higher rez than XBX. Car had a lot of AA. It looked nice but man the art design sucks and the 4 protagonists all male and no personality. That is a real downer.

Kinda  sucker for RPGs but been soured on Final Fantasy for a while. I hope it turns out decent and not another Jewel in a pigs ear like last few entries. Don't count out Type 0 however. While it has more old fashioned over worlds seems the game is what FF used to be. Tho I heard that about BD and BD fell very flat on it's face for me. Like Xenoblade on Wii I think XBX looks great mainly because has a great Art direction. They are also always very creative in enemy design. Tho I know someone at Monolith loves Dinosaurs as XBX has em and in Xenoblade on Wii has quite a few.

#34 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 10:06 PM

The art direction is kinda lame tho. Nothing looked real at all just nice hi rez character models. However those fields looked no higher rez than XBX. Car had a lot of AA. It looked nice but man the art design sucks and the 4 protagonists all male and no personality. That is a real downer.

Kinda  sucker for RPGs but been soured on Final Fantasy for a while. I hope it turns out decent and not another Jewel in a pigs ear like last few entries. Don't count out Type 0 however. While it has more old fashioned over worlds seems the game is what FF used to be. Tho I heard that about BD and BD fell very flat on it's face for me. Like Xenoblade on Wii I think XBX looks great mainly because has a great Art direction. They are also always very creative in enemy design. Tho I know someone at Monolith loves Dinosaurs as XBX has em and in Xenoblade on Wii has quite a few.

I think its more than just art design. 

Monolithsoft is extremely skilled at mixing art design and level/world design. So not only can you pan the camera around and see some great scene compositions, but when you see something cool you can GO to it, and along the way you will run into all kinds of crazy stuff, from unique monsters, to caves you didnt notice, npc's, and then when you get there, its interesting and engaging, and rewarding, to explore.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#35 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 08:35 AM

And Shulk killed a god without trying do a Kratos grumpy pants like Lightning. :P

#36 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 21 September 2014 - 10:14 AM

NSYNC-vs-BSB.jpg

original.jpg

PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#37 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 21 September 2014 - 02:44 PM

I never get Japanese video game trailers. What is this game about??

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#38 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 22 September 2014 - 05:27 AM

Nah, this game can no longer be even remotely compared to X.

Devs confirm no playable female characters, must be learning from Ubisoft.

“The party will only have male characters,” replies Tabata, “and that hasn’t changed since its previous form of [Final Fantasy Versus XIII].”

http://www.siliconer...oing-road-trip/

Edited by Sorceror12, 22 September 2014 - 05:27 AM.

#39 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 22 September 2014 - 07:54 AM

Nah, this game can no longer be even remotely compared to X.

Devs confirm no playable female characters, must be learning from Ubisoft.

http://www.siliconer...oing-road-trip/

Well there's nothing wrong with having only males playable. if it was the other way around people would be saying it's progressive and anyone complaining would be "sexist". If the games is about a bunch of bros hanging out let it be about bros hanging out. There doesn"t have to be girls in every game, just like there doesn't have to be guys in every game.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#40 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 07:58 AM

Well there's nothing wrong with having only males playable. if it was the other way around people would be saying it's progressive.

Not in RPG's with party systems. And no RPG party system needs to have variety in character and play styles,that's the point in the first place to have it. Square doesn't really understand FF anymore or the genre they have not for a long while.

Edited by Ryudo, 22 September 2014 - 07:59 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!