Photo

Nintendo Working On New Zelda Game For Nintendo 3DS?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Metroid

Metroid

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 05:10 AM

Zelda producer Eiji Aonuma has confirmed that work on a new Zelda game is already under way at Nintendo. Aonuma announced the new game in the Hyrule Historia but wouldn’t mention what platform it was for. We already know that Nintendo are hard at work on a new Zelda game for Wii U so it seems likely that the new game Aonuma is referring to could be for the Nintendo 3DS.

“The long sailing time of creating Skyward Sword, a game to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the Zelda series, has just come to an end. The voices of those who’ve played it from around the world reach us. We hear their admiration, comments and their criticism too. All those voices become energy for the next voyage. Well, to tell the truth, we’ve already set sail in a new voyage.”

Source:
http://mynintendonew...r-nintendo-3ds/

Now they're making one Zelda game for the 3DS and one for the Wii U. I wonder how the new Zelda game for the 3DS is going to look like... Could be interesting. I like what Nintendo's doing. :)

What do you think about the news?

Edited by Metroid, 09 January 2012 - 05:18 AM.

#2 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 09 January 2012 - 05:17 AM

I think, if Eiji Aonuma inserted himself into the Legend of Zelda series, his name would be Groose, and that he will be in the next game, which will involve sailing around in a ship.

Like some Skyward Sword/Wind Waker mish mash... IN 3D!!!

At least, that's what the snippet made me think of...

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#3 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 09 January 2012 - 09:01 AM

to quote reggie "they're always working." my point being that this is absolutely no surprise, cos we all know well that these guys are always pumping out more and more goodness, but as a backtrack, aonuma did say a while ago that he wants the 3DS zelda to be closer to the console experiences than the past ds zelda games, something i was delighted to hear!!!
BUT then later in another interview he said he would be interested in going back to 2D like in ALTTP. personally, that would disappoint me a little, but i would still buy it and love it im sure.

both articles that im referring to were on the mynintendonews site a while ago, too far back for me to fish out for u, you will have to take my word :P
Posted Image

#4 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 09 January 2012 - 09:31 AM

Well, my initial thought was "Duh" but then I thought more about this...if we could have a game similar to Wind Waker in gameplay (not necessarily with boats) on the 3DS, that would definitely be awesome.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#5 Tipzil

Tipzil

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 262 posts
  • Fandom:
    Link, Pokemon, Nintendo, Minecraft

Posted 09 January 2012 - 01:19 PM

if it has Ocarina type graphics... AWESOME!
wasn't much of a fan of the DS ones...
"I wombo, you wombo, he, she, me wombo, the study of womboligy, come on Spongebob, this is first grade!" ~ Patrick, Spongebob Squarepants

"Nah Nah Nah Man, you see, mah name is An'twan!" ~ Josh, Drake & Josh

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!