Photo

Captain Toad Dec 5th for NA / Jan. 9th EU (Amiibo Support in 2015)

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 07 October 2014 - 03:32 AM

Never one to be overlooked, Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker was a critical and crowd favorite during the E3 Expo video game trade show in June. The game launches Dec. 5 at a suggested retail price of $39.99 and lets players take control of intrepid explorer Captain Toad as he sets off on adventures like exploring a haunted house or escaping a smoldering volcano. Even though Toad characters have appeared in video games since the original Super Mario Bros. game on NES, this is the first time that one of them gets top billing. The game will also support select amiibo figures in 2015.

http://www.businessw...en#.VDPPjPldX1o

That should be an automatic purchase for most!

tumblr_n74h87MDH11qh8rq6o1_500.gif

Edited by Sorceror12, 10 October 2014 - 03:19 AM.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#2 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • NNID:AwewomeMii
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 07 October 2014 - 04:52 AM

I'm looking forward to this. I really didn't like SM3DW too much, but the Captain Toad levels were great. This will be so much fun!

Some people always have a cellphone on them. I'm so awesome I always have a 3DS.
Signature_Portal1.png
Check out my blog! Portal's Portal

#3 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 10:36 AM

I'm going to try to make it a day one purchase.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#4 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 02:52 PM

$40 is a great price, day one buy for me. I wonder what kinds of Amiibos they'll make for it, and what they'll do in game?

#5 iEatTacos

iEatTacos

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 724 posts
  • NNID:iEatTacos
  • Fandom:
    Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Legend Of Zelda

Posted 07 October 2014 - 05:11 PM

This is also a day 1 buy for me, can't wait

#6 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 10 October 2014 - 03:20 AM

January 9th, 2015 EU release date.

Just announced via Twitter.

Europe: January 9.
Spain : January 2.
Australia : January 10.

BzlLVdOIEAAJtxN.jpg

BzlK352IUAAZ9D1.jpg

Some new footage... Toadette!

70 Stages

Edited by Sorceror12, 10 October 2014 - 03:27 AM.

PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#7 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • NNID:AwewomeMii
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 10 October 2014 - 04:46 AM

Is it a bad thing that I'm more hyped for this than I was SM3DW? It looks gorgeous, reminds me of Galaxy, and uses the GamePad how I imagined it to be used for the next 3D Mario. And there's puzzles!

Some people always have a cellphone on them. I'm so awesome I always have a 3DS.
Signature_Portal1.png
Check out my blog! Portal's Portal

#8 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 10 October 2014 - 04:51 AM

Is it a bad thing that I'm more hyped for this than I was SM3DW? It looks gorgeous, reminds me of Galaxy, and uses the GamePad how I imagined it to be used for the next 3D Mario. And there's puzzles!

Hehe I am excited for it too. A casual game yes, but gonna be addicting and appears to be challenging too. Over 70 levels, interesting level design and control mechanics. Toadette!
Amiibo support in 2015, awesome bosses (dragon and large bird show thus far , Wingo) .

Pinball level looks fun as heck.

Captain_Toad_Toadette_1.jpg

Edited by Sorceror12, 10 October 2014 - 04:52 AM.

#9 AdmiralClassy

AdmiralClassy

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 807 posts
  • NNID:AdmiralClassy
  • Fandom:
    Dragon ball Z, Nintendo, One Piece

Posted 10 October 2014 - 05:38 AM

I wasn't actually too interested in this game but the overview trailer that released recently looks really great, it seems to be more of a fully fledged game than I once thought and I'm liking it!

Shame it comes out next year in the uk though :(

Shing Shong For Smash 4!

Honk For Ponk!

NNid AdmiralClassy
Psn AdmiralClassy

Steam AdmiralClassy

#10 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 10 October 2014 - 08:58 AM

I wasn't actually too interested in this game but the overview trailer that released recently looks really great, it seems to be more of a fully fledged game than I once thought and I'm liking it!

Shame it comes out next year in the uk though :(

over 70 levels, only $39.99 and looks like you can play as Toadette too.

here is the NA trailer:

https://www.youtube....bed/32nV2PKIv5Y

Who’s ready for adventure? Captain Toad certainly is, but he’s not the only one. Pink-pigtailed Toadette joins Captain Toad and makes her debut as a second playable character in portions of the upcoming Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker game.

Armed with a headlight and a can-do attitude, Captain Toad and Toadette must make their way through enemy-infested locales like Wild West shanties and Goomba waterparks. Each location is bursting with puzzles to solve and secrets to unearth. These heroes need to be extra clever in order to tackle these obstacles, since they can’t jump.

These tiny heroes are on the hunt for the ultimate treasure, a coveted Power Star. At the beginning of their adventure, Wingo, a giant, greedy bird who makes life difficult for these timid treasure trackers, makes off with their only Power Star, and even whisks away Toadette. Players must then help Captain Toad retrieve the Power Star and Toadette in order to unlock her as a playable character, and ultimately, defeat Wingo. In the process, they’ll encounter more than 70 fun, puzzling stages while also collecting stars and gems. There will even be different power-ups they can use to their advantage, like the Double Cherry item that makes another copy of Captain Toad or Toadette, making some of those stages even more riveting.

Captain Toad and his puzzling levels first appeared in Super Mario 3D World for the Wii U console. The levels were such a hit with fans that he and Toadette are now getting their own game. Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker is just another way Nintendo is expanding its universe of games with familiar characters facing fun new challenges.

The Wii U game launches in stores and in the Nintendo eShop on Dec. 5 at a suggested retail price of $39.99. For more information about Nintendo, visit http://www.nintendo.com.

#11 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 10 October 2014 - 10:29 AM

This game is looking better with each footage they show.

I already wanted this game, but this vídeo took away me fear of it being a bit repetitive.

Also, January 2nd for Portugal, aswell! :)

#12 Ocarina of Time

Ocarina of Time

Spiny

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 03:37 PM

Wonder how getting Toadette works.

Either rescue her then she's playable or her adventures happen in a different area to captain toad.

I like the idea of her being dropped off in a different area and they're both working towards getting the treasure from the bird.  Much better than simply rescuing Toadette to play as her.

EDIT:  This could be the thing they were hiding when they were doing their livestream of this.  She might be available from the very beginning.

Captain Levels

Toadette Levels

Edited by Ocarina of Time, 11 October 2014 - 03:45 PM.

#13 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 12 October 2014 - 03:50 AM

new box art on right. shows wingo, toadette... not sure if i like the yellow but i think it will grow on me.

CapToadComparison-600x400.jpg

#14 Big Boss

Big Boss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 11:45 AM

ill probably pick this up when it goes bogo along with hyrule warriors eventually

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!