7 replies to this topic

#1 MatrixChicken

MatrixChicken

Knock knock, Scootaloo...

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • NNID:MatrixChicken
  • Fandom:
    MLP:FiM, Mario, Star Wars... And more...

Posted 09 October 2014 - 08:00 AM

So, before I get started, just so you know, LTTP stands for late to the party. It's a thing I've seen some people do on NeoGAF and I thought it would fit well with this thread. Also, *SPOILERS*. Anyways...

I just beat Metroid Prime for the first time. Wow. I just gotta say, that ending was epic. The metroid prime's first form was one of the creepiest things I've ever seen, and the whole battle was so intense. I think I finished on under 12 energy. Yikes. But I'm getting ahead of myself.

I picked up MP Trilogy all the way back almost a year ago during Black Friday. It was a highly praised collection of games, and I loved Super Metroid, so I thought I should try it. The beginning was pretty cool and it was a pretty good thrill for a while. But around halfway into the game it started to lose its charm for some reason... I think all the backtracking and wandering aimlessly (at least in my case, as I'm terrible at this type of exploration-based game) turned me off. So I didn't play it for a loooooooong time, until a couple weeks ago when I decided I should give it another go. I figured out what I was stuck on (with the help of a few trusty Google searches...) and continued. I started unlocking stuff again right away and it was awesome! :D The whole Ridley --> Crater --> Metroid Prime thing reminded me of Super Metroid where you beat Ridley then go straight to Tourian and fight Mother Brain. The whole ordeal was so intense, creepy and exhilarating. Even if the middle of the game got me stuck, the game as a whole is an experience I'm very glad I didn't miss.

So now, should I go straight to Echoes or would Corruption be a better fit for me? I've heard Echoes is much creepier and harder. I don't want to be turned off by getting stuck again, so if Echoes is less intuitive or harder than Prime, I'm not sure I should play it just yet. Anyways, thanks for reading this far, and please discuss your thoughts on the game below! :)

splatoonmcsig2_zps010eb482.png

Deviantart: MatrixChicken | Youtube: ThunderFilmStudios | Twitter: @JohnAlBerge

Twitch.tv: ThunderFilms | Soundcloud: ScootriX

#2 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • NNID:AwewomeMii
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 09 October 2014 - 08:48 AM

Go through Echoes next. I think Trilogy version is easier too. I have a copy of Prime, and I got into it, but I think I screwed myself over at the Space Pirate Mines. I think I just don't have enough energy tanks, but there's no way I'm backtracking that far. Eventually I'll start a new play through.

Some people always have a cellphone on them. I'm so awesome I always have a 3DS.
Signature_Portal1.png
Check out my blog! Portal's Portal

#3 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 08:53 AM

Echoes is a better quality game than Corruption. The music and Light and Dark worlds are cool.

#4 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 09:09 AM

echoes is harder. Echoes also improves of many of the aspects of prime 1, such as boss's, but also has more prominent flaws/annoyances than prime 1. 

prime 2 is definitely worth a playthrough, though expect it to be roughly 50% longer than your prime 1 playthrough. You may also want internet support if you can't figure something out, but going through with scan+other visors can help.  This game is definitely worth playing. Has the most alien environments compared to the other games, but they go from dull and boring to some of the best in ever.  

Prime 3 on the other hand is a noticeable step down in from prime 1 and 2. favoring more streamlined AAA cinematics and more linear storyline.  The game is still good, but not worth a replay, challenge runs, hard mode runs like the first 2 are.

Go through Echoes next. I think Trilogy version is easier too. I have a copy of Prime, and I got into it, but I think I screwed myself over at the Space Pirate Mines. I think I just don't have enough energy tanks, but there's no way I'm backtracking that far. Eventually I'll start a new play through.

you can backtrack to anywhere you have been before in the game. 

also if i remember right, if you collect all except the a few very far out of the way, you should have close to 10 energy tanks. The section is supposed to challenge you regardless, i sometimes have issues if i haven't played in long enough of a time. 

#5 SPG

SPG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 657 posts
  • NNID:Pyroblock
  • Fandom:
    all things Nintendo and PC

Posted 09 October 2014 - 11:46 AM

the difficulty on the trilogy is easier then the gamecube, normal mode on the wii version is easy for the gamecube version. I personally like the first one the most, then 2, then 3. first because I jsut have the most enjoyment replaying it plus I don't feel like I have to look anything up to actually find anything unlike in 2 or 3 (though that mainly comes form playing it so much) 2 is hard and has a good balance of how hard it is to find items... and 3... was way too linear for my liking

wa3Nq7j.png

#6 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 09 October 2014 - 08:59 PM

Now I wish I hadn't sold off my Gamecube games when the system died on me. Dammit Matrix...

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#7 storabajskorven

storabajskorven

Boo

• Members
  • 572 posts
  • NNID:Stranders

Posted 10 October 2014 - 06:19 AM

As the others have said, Echoes is a much better game than Corruption. Play it!

#8 MatrixChicken

MatrixChicken

Knock knock, Scootaloo...

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • NNID:MatrixChicken
  • Fandom:
    MLP:FiM, Mario, Star Wars... And more...

Posted 10 October 2014 - 07:29 AM

Alright, sounds good! I think I'll still enjoy Corruption, though, maybe a bit more than the average person. Linearity doesn't devalue a game too much for me, and some of the other aspects of Corruption look pretty cool. We'll see. :)

splatoonmcsig2_zps010eb482.png

Deviantart: MatrixChicken | Youtube: ThunderFilmStudios | Twitter: @JohnAlBerge

Twitch.tv: ThunderFilms | Soundcloud: ScootriX

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!