• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Joewut

Joewut

Goomba

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 10:59 AM

Yo, with christmas coming up I've got the chance to fix an annoying problem I've got. I have my Wii U hooked up to a PC monitor which doesn't have built in speakers, so the sound I get only comes from the gamepad which doesn't really let me hear everything I normally would.

Is there any way I can plug certain speakers into the Wii U? Or just some way to be able to hear all the audio via some adapter or something? I'm really useless with stuff like this, so if you could perhaps find me something I could buy to fix the problem I'd really appreciate it. 

#2 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 11:20 AM

Either hook it up to a TV or get headphones.

#3 Joewut

Joewut

Goomba

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 11:38 AM

I don't have a TV, I wouldn't be having a problem otherwise.

Headphones plugged into the game pad also don't give me the sound for everything you would normally hear, only gamepad sounds - or is there a way to change it?

#4 EskobarM92

EskobarM92

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 117 posts
  • NNID:EskobarM92

Posted 31 October 2014 - 12:01 PM

I don't have a TV, I wouldn't be having a problem otherwise.

Headphones plugged into the game pad also don't give me the sound for everything you would normally hear, only gamepad sounds - or is there a way to change it?

you need a hdmi converter adapter with audio out. I don't have one myself (only PSP to HDMI with audio out, and a scart audio adapter for Gamecube) but check out ebay.

You need something like this http://www.ebay.co.u...=item3396ef58fb

if your screen supports DVI.

Once you have a 3.5 jack or red+white to 3.5 jack then you're set.

Edited by EskobarM92, 31 October 2014 - 12:16 PM.

Eskobar+M92.png

Wii U: EskobarM92, Xbox One: Eskobar M92, PS4: Eskobar-M92

#5 triforceguy1

triforceguy1

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 71 posts
  • Fandom:
    FURRIES, Zelda, Mario, Nintendo etc.

Posted 31 October 2014 - 01:52 PM

Couldn't you just connect some speakers to your PC monitor? 

cropped-cropped-NintyBuzzSmallLogoc2.png

#6 Joewut

Joewut

Goomba

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 03:31 PM

Nope I can't.

Thank you Escobar, that looks promising.

#7 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 03:42 PM

Just curious why you don't have a TV. Seems odd to buy a console with no TV.

#8 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 31 October 2014 - 09:24 PM

Just curious why you don't have a TV. Seems odd to buy a console with no TV.

TV's are too mainstream.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#9 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 11:18 PM

There are two ways to do it:

Option 1: Buy something like this, something like this, and something like this. The Wii U will output analogue audio out to the AV port while outputting vidio through the hdmi port. Then you just need a rca-to-3.5mm stereo jack to connect to cheap computer speakers. the video out port on the Wii compsite cable can be left unplugged.

Option 2: Buy something like this and something like this. You will again need the composite cable, which can be plugged directly into a TV soundbar or AV speaker system with RCA in. This will most likely be more expensive, but will have better audio.

TV's are too mainstream.

you're not wrong... Nowadays tvs have a lot of useless and redundant features that no one use and add complexity and instability. After thinking about it my preferred setup would involve effectively a large size monitor (or projector) with a surround-sound AV unit.

Edited by grahamf, 31 October 2014 - 11:15 PM.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!