Pegasus

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Ponies, Mario, Professor Layton

Posted 31 May 2011 - 12:19 PM

Introducing the Follow Button
Tuesday, May 31, 2011
When you follow interesting accounts on Twitter, it’s easy to stay connected with what’s most meaningful to you. Today we’re excited to launch the Follow Button, a new way to discover and instantly follow Twitter accounts directly from the websites you visit everyday.

Posted Image

More than 50 sites have added the Follow Button today, making it easy for you to discover the Twitter accounts of your favorite reporters, athletes, celebrities, and other personalities. Using the Follow Button is as simple as a single click. You can also see the profile and latest Tweets of the account you want to follow by clicking the username next to the Button.

For publishers and brands, adding the Follow Button to your website and using Twitter to stay connected with your audience is a powerful combination. People who follow your account are much more likely to retweet and engage with your Tweets, and to repeatedly visit your website. Adding the Follow Button to your website is quick and easy, and you can configure yours right now at twitter.com/followbutton.

Source: Twitter Blog

I came across this on Twitter today, and I think it could be a good way to get more followers for the site. You can install it by going here if you're interested.

#2 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 03:55 PM

I had a huge Twitter widget set up before, but you're probably right that a simple follow button would be more effective for gaining new followers. I've installed it on the blog, and will see how well it works. Thanks for the suggestion. :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!