NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 10 November 2014 - 08:21 AM

Nintendo has teamed up with Loot Crate for a limited-time amiibo distribution. Those who sign up for an “amiibo Subscription Service” will receive 10 pre-selected amiibo separated into three special Loot Crate shipments throughout the holiday season. 

Mario, Pikachu, Donkey Kong, Fox and Yoshi are included in the shipments. The other five figures will be revealed through Loot Crate soon. 

Scott Moffitt, Nintendo of America’s executive vice president of Sales & Marketing, said of today’s news:

“Featuring compatibility with Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, Mario Kart 8 and Hyrule Warriors this year, amiibo figures are shaping up to be one of the year’s must-have holiday items. Fans around the country already enjoy Loot Crate’s approach to delivering cool new items every month, and now they have a new and convenient way to get their hands on amiibo.”

Loot Crate CEO Chris Davis also commented: 

“We are honored to be working with Nintendo – a company that our team loves and respects, and that many of us grew up with. The iconic Super Smash Bros. games have brought people together for years, and we’re excited to become a part of that story in a new way through our amiibo Subscription Service.”

Nintendo and Loot Crate are also teasing “a few additional surprises” for Smash Bros. and amiibo fans that will be shared in the future.

http://nintendoevery...ns/#more-178687

Amiibo subscription service: http://www.lootcrate.com/amiibo

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#2 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 08:47 AM

Better not be Mega Man or Shulk or else screw Nintendo. Not subscribing to s thing I have to pay monthly for junk. No really Loot Crate gives you junk.

#3 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 08:58 AM

Better not be Mega Man or Shulk or else screw Nintendo. Not subscribing to s thing I have to pay monthly for junk. No really Loot Crate gives you junk.

Don't be negative Ryudo. Smile, and let them take your money.

creepy_smile_test_by_kittychamallow-d6wu

#4 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 10 November 2014 - 10:02 AM

I don't sub to Loot Crate although I can see the appeal to some. Most of the items seem to be things you would find at an Arcade ticket redemption station... although they do tend to have some nicer niche things like coffee mugs and some cool t-shirts. Loot Crate has a big following and appeal so this partnership with Nintendo is a great idea.

I am considering this Amiibo Subscription plan.
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#5 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 10 November 2014 - 10:54 AM

Don't be negative Ryudo. Smile, and let them take your money.

creepy_smile_test_by_kittychamallow-d6wu

where you see  crazy girl i see a hot one lol.....

but as far as signing up to this i dont know about it. It seems kinda color but at the same time it seems like a waste. I would be paying for random stuff and some things i wouldnt want. i rather just buy what i need.

youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#6 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 11:19 AM

where you see  crazy girl i see a hot one lol.....

That's actually me clean shaven and in my otaku girl costume.

Jokes aside, I'd rather buy from the store, but the service sounds okay.

#7 TheDoctor_13

TheDoctor_13

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • Fandom:
    Doctor Who

Posted 10 November 2014 - 01:41 PM

Not sure how I feel about LootCrate, I mean its a cool idea, I'll probably find most of it junk since I don't get around much in the gaming world. But for Amiibo, if the price is right, why not. 

Stupid Snowmads!

#8 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 03:08 PM

It's 20 bucks a month for throwaway garbage.If I can get Shulk and Mega Man from Amazon I'm fine. If it's only Lootcrate I will be pissed

#9 iEatTacos

iEatTacos

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 724 posts
  • NNID:iEatTacos
  • Fandom:
    Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Legend Of Zelda

Posted 11 November 2014 - 11:57 AM

I'm planning on buying all of them so this might not be a bad idea. I joined the waitlist

#10 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 23 November 2014 - 04:45 AM

Received the email today for the details of this. copy below.
Loot Crate has teamed up with Nintendo to bring you a limited supply of exclusive amiibo™ crates! You'll receive the following 10 amiibo figures over the course of 3 weeks.

Donkey Kong™
Mario™
Kirby™
Pikachu™
Princess Peach™

Yoshi™
Fox™
Samus™
Luigi™
Zelda™

On top of that you'll also receive several other exclusive and super rare items, including a t-shirt!

Total price $165. Can do 3 weekly payments of $50 plus $5 s and h.

To update this thread, Loot Crate emailed me last week saying Amiibo Loot Crate boxes were sold out. Great for Nintendo, and it seems they are selling very well in stores too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!